Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Accepting Stepkids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 12:09am
this
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

Treat them all the same, especially since they're all living in the same house. That type of treatment breeds resentment in a situation that I'm sure is already very difficult for everyone involved. Either help promote a healthy, happy blended family unit or stay out of it.

Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

life is too long and time is too short for this to even be a question

no need to alienate a child

and that
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 3:20am
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Being that I raised by my stepfather.  His family treated me the same as his biological daughters.  They are my aunts, uncles, and cousins.  I received gifts and was taken on outings the same as the other kids.  They never said "Oh, I am taking Leroy's kids and QB's  has to stay home." 

+1

it takes a village.
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 7:36am
I would treat them the same. My uncle married a woman when I was much younger and he had a son and daughter(my first cousins). I was an adult when I found out that his son, which was the oldest of both, wasn't his real son. I had no clue that his wife had the son before they even met and got married. My uncle and our whole family treated him like the rest of us. He treated him like his. He raised him as his.

I don't see the point in adults going out of their way to make it a point to an innocent child that they are not blood and therefore will not be treated as such.. It takes a really nasty and petty person to act that way towards children.

OT: Since my uncle has been dead, we have discovered that he has two other daughters. One before his marriage that is in her 30's and one that was after the marriage ended and she is in her early 20's and in college. We welcomed them with open arms...

My unc was a player in his days..
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 8:58am
Depends on how his family treats mine.....I won't even lie....I'll be damn if I gotta buy 50-11 DS for christmas and y'all handing out Nerf guns......
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 9:40am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Kids are easy to love.

so easy! how can one base how they treat kids based on how others treat them is baffling.  kindness and goodwill should be innate and not based on external circumstances and the behavior of others. and if my brother or sister were treating their stepchild any different from their own child, i would have to talk to them about that. it's frankly unacceptable in my family imo.

Edited by EPITOME - Nov 28 2013 at 10:41am
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 10:03am
Y'all would be surprised how nasty and petty some adults can be. I have seen it first hand. 
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 10:17am
Meh.....Im not obligated to do anything....and if I decide to not deal with anyone man woman or child then.....its my decision......

My sister's ex husband's family treated her kids like crap.....and they noticed it....I didn't treat his kids bad but I did dote on my own so they didn't feel it......
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 10:23am
blood means nothing to me… its about the relationship.. 

if they're little kids.. its hard to not like them.. so I'm pretty sure id treat them the same. 
if they're older and i don't like/care for them.. i wouldn't treat them the same. same way if it was my blood relative and i just didnt like them.. i wouldn't act like i do. 

i can/would take someone in as my own regardless of them having any relation to a fam member whatsoever.. but i wouldn't do it just cus…. there needs to be some type of relationship or bond or something that makes me like them. 

petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 10:39am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

blood means nothing to me… its about the relationship.. 

if they're little kids.. its hard to not like them.. so I'm pretty sure id treat them the same. 
if they're older and i don't like/care for them.. i wouldn't treat them the same. same way if it was my blood relative and i just didnt like them.. i wouldn't act like i do. 

i can/would take someone in as my own regardless of them having any relation to a fam member whatsoever.. but i wouldn't do it just cus…. there needs to be some type of relationship or bond or something that makes me like them. 

Older as in teenager? I guess if the child was rude or disrespectful I would kind of understand but I still don't think that it is right for a grown adult to treat a child like they would treat an adult. You have to be an example. It really does take a village to raise a child.
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 10:49am
I do. My niece came into our family when she was 3 she is 25 now luv her to pieces matter of fact out of all my grown nieces and nephews she is the only one who calls me aunty.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic