BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Accepting Stepkids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 8:19pm
Petite, I agree.  I like that my 'new' nephew in law's own father is cool with it too.
Sponsored Links

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 8:34pm
how ironic, im actually babysitting my brother's gf son right now (he's 7). It's kind of awkward because i dont know how she handles her son or how she would like her son to be handled. I try to treat him and my nephew the same but i dont give him hugs or anything because im not sure if he's comfortable with that. I usually just rub his head and give him a high five after my nephew gives me a hug
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

If someone in your family (sister, brother, cousin or even best friend) had children and married someone with children and they all lived together would you treat the step kids the same as the blood related children? For example if you take your niece or nephew out would you take the step siblings or leave them out? Would you buy them christmas and bday presents?? Would you buy them presents in the same price range? Do you feel families( besides the husband and wife of course) have an obligation to accept stepchildren? Is it fair to treat them differently because they aren't related to you by blood?

Yes I would treat them differently. Their step siblings betta get with the program and find someone else to treat them and not CC. I don't know them like that.Confused

lol Lemme stop playin'. I'd treat them equal because I'd be a POS if I didn't.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

If someone in your family (sister, brother, cousin or even best friend) had children and married someone with children and they all lived together would you treat the step kids the same as the blood related children? For example if you take your niece or nephew out would you take the step siblings or leave them out? Would you buy them christmas and bday presents?? Would you buy them presents in the same price range? Do you feel families( besides the husband and wife of course) have an obligation to accept stepchildren? Is it fair to treat them differently because they aren't related to you by blood?

Yes I would treat them differently. Their step siblings betta get with the program and find someone else to treat them and not CC. I don't know them like that.Confused

lol Lemme stop playin'. I'd treat them equal because I'd be a POS if I didn't.

LOL
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 9:04pm
Kids are easy to love.

Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 10:00pm
I honk it's inappropriate for an adult to go out of there way to treat a step-kid differently. It's immature and hurtful. Creates more drama and division and it should be about bringing families together no this "separate but equal" kind of thing. Do what you can do be accepting of thy child. I would only change me answer if they continue to have a you attitude after I'm trying to include them...
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 10:06pm
I didn't find out my step dad wasn't my real father until I was around 8 years old and his family ALWAYS included us and treated us the same
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 11:43pm
Treat them all the same, especially since they're all living in the same house. That type of treatment breeds resentment in a situation that I'm sure is already very difficult for everyone involved. Either help promote a healthy, happy blended family unit or stay out of it.
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Lonisha87 Lonisha87 wrote:

I didn't find out my step dad wasn't my real father until I was around 8 years old and his family ALWAYS included us and treated us the same

How it should be Heart
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 11:52pm
life is too long and time is too short for this to even be a question

no need to alienate a child

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures