BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Accepting Stepkids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

My brother has two small children and he and the mother recently broke up. I couldn't see myself doing for any strange kids on the same level as my niece and nephew. I didn't sign up for that. When I look at my niece and nephew they look like me and my fam. If my brother or their mom were to go out and get a ready made family they would have their own fam to coddle them and look out for them on holidays. I'm just being honest.

were they married?

Nope.
Sponsored Links

HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 5:06pm
You HAVE to think about how you would feel if it were you. I had step family members who treated me different and as a child it made me feel very sad. It was so obvious I was being treated differently because one year all, the girls for Barbie and I got a knock off cheap dollar store doll. Their mom would take them to kings island but not me, I had to stay home alone. Now that I'm older I could care less about them.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

You HAVE to think about how you would feel if it were you. I had step family members who treated me different and as a child it made me feel very sad. It was so obvious I was being treated differently because one year all, the girls for Barbie and I got a knock off cheap dollar store doll. Their mom would take them to kings island but not me, I had to stay home alone. Now that I'm older I could care less about them.

SMH. That is just nasty of them. It takes a certain type of person to treat an innocent child that way.
I wonder if the relationship that the family has with the stepchild's biological parent plays a big part in how they feel about the child.
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 6:59pm
I agree with HowardAKA.. I was a step child and was treated differently because I wasn't blood related. I was made aware of it each time we visited my stepdad's mother.
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 7:02pm
To b honest, I don't know if I would take my Ex's stepchildren anywhere. I would take his blood children by another woman because those r my child's siblings, but as the mom, I'm not sure if I'd take stepsibs.

But thats being the ex woman. As a family member, that's different.

Edited by creole booty - Nov 27 2013 at 7:03pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 7:14pm
I would treat them all the same. Family is about more than blood relatives to me though.
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 7:20pm
Can't relate but I wouldn't treat them differently. They're not my children. Then again, it also depends . If someone in my family marries someone with children of their own, I'm not going to love you automatically. With little kids, it's easier. The older they are, the harder it is to just blend in and be family too.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 7:38pm
a bit off topic, but I was so moved when my niece remarried (1st husband was killed in accident) and her 1st husband's father told her 2nd husband that since 2nd husband was going to be a father to his grandson (1st husband's child)  he'd like to consider him like his son . if he didn't mind. I thought that was so sweet. They're still super close to this day; taking fishing trips together and everything.  familyHeart

Edited by PurplePhase - Nov 27 2013 at 7:38pm
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 7:44pm
I love children, and I treat all kids the same. I just know my niece and nephews don't mind when I kiss them all of the time hahaha..I think that is the only difference..my affection towards the child. It is toned down towards other children, unless they are okay with it:) 
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2013 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

a bit off topic, but I was so moved when my niece remarried (1st husband was killed in accident) and her 1st husband's father told her 2nd husband that since 2nd husband was going to be a father to his grandson (1st husband's child)  he'd like to consider him like his son . if he didn't mind. I thought that was so sweet. They're still super close to this day; taking fishing trips together and everything.  familyHeart

Clap Thats what Im talking about!! Do what is right for the kids. He is a good example.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic