Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Academic Holocaust

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 12:28pm
The White supremacist structure is not trying to destroy just Black men, it's trying to destroy Black people.

It needs to destroy the "breeders" (Black women) and the challengers (Black men). Once we understand, as a community, the struggle is different but affects us the same, we can start to acknowledge the pain, struggle, and reality of Black women as well.

If this is solely about Black men then this is a struggle that only Black men can fight

Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

"Black men... Black men... Black men... Black men..."

He speaks as if Black women and girls do not exist. I can not stand old school Black activists like this.

We're passed the millennium, the "black community" should be beyond this sexist idea that only Black men/boys are suffering and if we fixed their ills, then the entire community will be healed.

because black men have unprecedented hurdles that not even black women share.
Sponsored Links

iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 12:52pm
I explained it. That's the biggest reasoning.
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 1:08pm

The White supremacist structure is not trying to destroy just Black men, it's trying to destroy Black people.

It needs to destroy the "breeders" (Black women) and the challengers (Black men). Once we understand, as a community, the struggle is different but affects us the same, we can start to acknowledge the pain, struggle, and reality of Black women as well.

If this is solely about Black men then this is a struggle that only Black men can fight

He speaks as if Black women and girls do not exist. I can not stand old school Black activists like this.

We're passed the millennium, the "black community" should be beyond this sexist idea that only Black men/boys are suffering and if we fixed their ills, then the entire community will be healed.

All valid points, he made several points throughout the film, however your post singled out the specific challenges black men face.
Our struggle is indeed one, however there are different approaches to different problems.

Edited by trudawg - Jan 15 2014 at 1:08pm
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 9:34pm
I will have to watch later, I read an article about teachers of color are more likely to quit teaching than their white counterparts.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 9:40pm
We all can Agree on that Alias, but him just specifying black men in this video is a great thing. Many black women are more educated than black men. That is a problem, black men needing help at this particular time with education more than ever. This maybe his calling to advocate for young black men. Yours maybe for black people, others for black women etc. If we all do are part in are called area we can grow in unity.Heart

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 10:36pm
I see what you're saying Alias but he does acknowledge that black women also have our issues.  His goal is not only a school for boys but also a school for girls.  He is a black man so he needs to address these boys out here.  justsayin'.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 10:54pm
I agree to a point but at what point is there just a lack of parenting? School should not be the only place your children learn, if the school system is bad in your area why are you living there? What about the parents who will wait in line for Jordons, kids talking on Iphone 5's but ask them about private school and they will say they don;t have money for that.

The school can't just put your child in special education but you would have to attend a meeting/ answer a phone call to know that. The same way with the labeling of ADD & ADHD. My sons teacher does not have to be black, lead by example and be a role model at home. 

Before my son went to see Hunger Games, he read the book. He could not tell you a pair of Jordon 13 from a pair of Jordon 7. That is not a focus in my household. When he was having trouble in school I hired him a tutor, and he still attends Kumon because I don;t want his life to be forever a game of catch up. He already has cards stacked against him, I will not be adding to his life problems.

If you cannot afford to move to a better area with better schools, or pay for private school then get on birth control. Sorry its child abuse IMO. 

How about start off not being someones baby momma...I can't with stuff like this.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style