Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Academic Holocaust

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Academic Holocaust
    Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 4:53am
I know we've been discussing education and the children off and on. I thought this was a good listen.  Thoughts?  It is long about 50 or 55 minutes I think so...when u have the time.

Sponsored Links

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 5:09am
summary?
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 5:37am
Coco...I would but he speaks on many things.

Public vs charter. why black teachers are needed to teach black students.  How alot of teachers are there to get a check not because they care and how that effects the students.  How black boys are being funneled into special ed. How educated black folks who do want to teach are turned away. How more black teachers are leaving the educational field because of the bureaucracy that goes on.  A bit on home issues with the students.  How we need a separate and autonomous "league" of black parents (who care) to deal with these atrocities when it comes to the schooling system.

He touches on alot of things.
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:13am
I seen a lot of his speeches and talks, pretty much is that the american education and specifically us black people education doesn't get fixed, you are going to continue having walking zombies who know nothing and desire to know nothing. You will have a dead ethnic group.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:47am
I'm gonna watch this when I get home tonight...
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:54am
My nigguh Umar.
I'll listen later. 
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 11:31am
"Black men... Black men... Black men... Black men..."

He speaks as if Black women and girls do not exist. I can not stand old school Black activists like this.

We're passed the millennium, the "black community" should be beyond this sexist idea that only Black men/boys are suffering and if we fixed their ills, then the entire community will be healed.
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 11:53am
Black men are the reason for all the ills though. Once we are strong, nuturing, empathetic, reasonable, educated, conscious, and protector once more we cannot be stopped. Our light will shine the hood, coon, mistreated, low self esteem, mental ailment, physical ailment, spiritual ailment, darkness and etc out of our beautiful andb brillant women
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

"Black men... Black men... Black men... Black men..."

He speaks as if Black women and girls do not exist. I can not stand old school Black activists like this.

We're passed the millennium, the "black community" should be beyond this sexist idea that only Black men/boys are suffering and if we fixed their ills, then the entire community will be healed.

because black men have unprecedented hurdles that not even black women share.
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Coco...I would but he speaks on many things.

Public vs charter. why black teachers are needed to teach black students.  How alot of teachers are there to get a check not because they care and how that effects the students.  How black boys are being funneled into special ed. How educated black folks who do want to teach are turned away. How more black teachers are leaving the educational field because of the bureaucracy that goes on.  A bit on home issues with the students.  How we need a separate and autonomous "league" of black parents (who care) to deal with these atrocities when it comes to the schooling system.

He touches on alot of things.

This sounds interesting.  Thanks for posting, bookmarking this. Thumbs Up
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic