Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

About that old and bitter argument...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 94>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 37 Votes, Average 3.89  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (67) Thanks(67)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About that old and bitter argument...
    Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:38pm
some of y'all like to use this "argument" to excess and use it as an attempt to demean a person's life experiences and even bring into question their "womanhood". I notice that this argument is always directed at females, never at males, which underlines its sexist nature

It really needs to stop. I've been on the receiving end of that myself but what prompted this post is that I noticed that another poster also got this thrown in her face in another thread (that I lurked in but did not participate) over a benign observation. It irked me to no end, as it was extremely uncalled for. In this particular case, the "accusation" was made by a man but plenty of female posters are guilty of doing this.

FACT: Just because a woman is past 35, single and childless DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY EQUATE BITTERNESS and BAD CHOICES. This is an incredibly sexist and presumptuous assumption that does not take into account many factors such as:

- The fact that the person may simply not have met the right person for her YET(not every human being on the planet can form pairs). Some people meet that person early, some person meet him/her later in life and some, never. That does not make the person less valid as a human being. Wouldn't it be more healthy to not strive to form pairs at all costs, especially if you KNOW that the person is not right for you? It's called maturity and self-knowledge, not irrelevance. Some of these ladies have a wealth of experience that is enviable and that some could actually learn from.

- Procreation is not the ONLY means of validation for a female. She may have good friends, a good support system, family members, a career they like, other forms of male companionship, etc... Not procreating does NOT make one less of a woman and there are plenty of women out there who DO NOT WANT KIDS for a myriad of reasons.

- Marriage is NOT the ultimate goal for every single woman out there. I know some of you are hellbent on thinking that the ring makes the woman but NOT EVERY ONE AGREES WITH YOU. If it's right for you, great. But do not belittle those who do not choose to follow the same path as you. Some of us choose not to enter that type of ritualized, contractual agreement because it does not suit us, has never suited us or does not suit us anymore and are perfectly content with other types of relationship arrangements with the other sex (or same sex, if that is what floats your boat)

- "Manlessness" is not a disease or a deficiency, nor does it automatically bring about bitterness. That line of thinking always stems from sexism, as it is never levelled against bachelors. It pains me that this should have to be pointed out on a female forum. Maybe the age of the average poster might explain the need for this, I don't know.

- If you use that retort in order to belittle another poster that you have a disagreement with, it shows your lack of maturity and you may very well BE THE ACTUAL LOSER, as your belief system is such that you believe you are nothing without a man (or woman).

- In conclusion, think before you speak, as there are many forms of discrimination and this is definitely one.  young does not have to equal stupid.

The end.
Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (16) Thanks(16)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:41pm
Jolie, you and I have had pointless spats over small things in the past, most of which I forgot, but I love it when you speak sense and truth.

Major cosign.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:41pm
thanks
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:42pm
let it out jolie :)

i agree btw
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:43pm
Was there a cause to this umm... sermon? Geek
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Afro called Patti bitter after Patti said men change their minds so often.

Afro said it stemmed from something else Patti said.
fairyQueen092 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote fairyQueen092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Yes.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:44pm
good read
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:44pm
Oooh. Thanks Jones Thumbs Up
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:46pm
True, but bitterness exists though.

The whole negros ain't ish campaign and that tired black men forum.

Just plain bitterness

Edited by jonesable - Dec 17 2012 at 5:49pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon