Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Abortion vs Bad Parenting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Omni Harmony View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Omni Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 2:43pm
I think this mother killed her baby.  Its terrible that kids go through this.  We really need to consider the mental, financial, and emotional stability of folks before we force them to have kidsCry

The unidentified remains of a 3- to 5-year-old were discovered in 1991 inside a picnic cooler. A recent tip led police to a woman believed to be the child's mother.

NEW YORK — In a dramatic break in a cold case more than two decades old, investigators used DNA to identify the mother of a dead child known only as Baby Hope, police said Tuesday.

The New York Police Department received a tip from someone after a publicity push over the summer, police officials said. The tip led to the woman, whose name was being withheld amid a homicide investigation.

"A DNA match was made with the mother, and the mother is cooperating," Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly told reporters on Tuesday.

Kelly declined to discuss the case further as investigators try to determine the circumstances of the 3- to 5-year-old girl's death.

"Obviously, homicide is a distinct possibility here, so we're going to go forward in that direction," Kelly said.

Besides the mother, police also were speaking to other people. No official suspects have been named.

The case dates to July 23, 1991, when a road worker smelled something rotting and discovered the girl's remains inside a picnic cooler along the Henry Hudson Parkway. Her body was unclothed and malnourished and showed signs of possible sex abuse.

Detectives theorized at the time that she had been suffocated before being dumped like garbage on a grassy incline. They estimated she was dead six to eight days before the cooler was found.

In an interview in July, retired Detective Jerry Giorgio said he had pursued hundreds of leads but none panned out. He had the case from 1991 until he retired from the force. Later, as an investigator for the Manhattan district attorney's office, he kept up with it. His name and contact information are still on a website dedicated to the girl.

"It was so frustrating," he said recently. "We initially thought we'll get her identified and go from there and probably solve the case. It didn't happen."

As the frustration mounted, so did detectives' affection for the victim. They began calling her "our baby." Eventually she became "Baby Hope," because they hoped and prayed they'd solve the case, Giorgio said.

Giorgio was instrumental in organizing a 1993 funeral for the girl that was attended by hundreds. The girl was dressed in a white frock and buried in a white coffin.

Her body was exhumed in 2007 for DNA testing, but none could be extracted because of its poor condition. After a second attempt was made in 2011 using better technology on bone material, a DNA profile was developed, police said Tuesday.

Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

hopefully she did it a safer way & went to another state that doesn't require parental consent

that was my initial thought but if she got extremely religious foster parents....how did she get out the house by herself and long enough for her to travel to another state, have the procedure and travel back?  Knowing what she wants her parents wouldn't let her out of sight and be clocking time when school lets out.

edited for clarification.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Krystal Klear Krystal Klear wrote:

looking at the front page...
Koon was a baby
that abusive husband was a baby
white girl yardy was a baby
all of those bikers were babies

You were a baby

Stern Smile
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I wouldn't have an abortion ...I would like to think so.
I think abortion is a killing .

But I do not think there should be legislation outlawing it.

Is it better to disrupt the development of a growing living thing vs setting it back by being a bad parent?

Idk I'll let the bearers of the life decide

Depends on what stage of the pregnancy. An embreyo is not a fetus. After week 10 thats a different story.
otherwise, emergency contraceptive would be a killing too.

and IA...that decision is up to the bearer of the pregnancy --with all factors taken into consideration of course.

Senior Detective View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 4:50pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I wouldn't have an abortion ...I would like to think so.
I think abortion is a killing .

But I do not think there should be legislation outlawing it.

Is it better to disrupt the development of a growing living thing vs setting it back by being a bad parent?

Idk I'll let the bearers of the life decide

Depends on what stage of the pregnancy. An embreyo is not a fetus. After week 10 thats a different story.
otherwise, emergency contraceptive would be a killing too.

and IA...that decision is up to the bearer of the pregnancy --with all factors taken into consideration of course.

It doesn't depend for me.
Snuffing out a life is snuffing out a life.
All of those stages are vital for people to be born so yes I think of it as a killing.
For you it may depend for me it doesn't

But yes I leave that decision up to the women that bear them
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Ritle Ritle wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Prevention/Adoption .  

Co-signing with India.

If you can't handle a child, don't have sex. Period.

Because no protection is 100% safe, except not having sex at all.

If you know you'll be a lousy parent, but you're stubborn and you want to continue having sex, get your tubes tied.

In my opinion, you don't deserve the gift of a child later on in life if you keep terminating your blessings.(serial abortionists are wayyyy too late for their doctor's appointment to getting those tubes tied.)

And if it's too late and the child is already there, give the child a chance with parents that will appreciate their blessings.

About the bold...do you know how ridiculously difficult it is to get a tubal, especially if you are young, unmarried, and have no kids? When married, many doctors won't do it unless they have consent from your husband. Many more doctors won't do it if you haven't had any kids. And even if you have had kids, good luck if you're under 30.

Now try being a young black woman with already limited access to health care, especially preventative reproductive care, asking for a tubal. Damn near impossible, and I know because I've been trying for a decade. Oh but how easy is it to get an abortion? As simple as filling out a form and making an appointment. They'll let me have as many of those as I want.

Doc Holiday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Doc Holiday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 10:31am
Life, a blessing that occurs roughly 300,000 times a day around the globe...

Seriously, I've forced to choose between those two options, then abortion should be the option every time. I'm sure someone has mentioned an anecdote of the successful child who overcomes their upbringing, but those are the exceptions that prove the rule. The numbers simply aren't in your favor when forced into that situation.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic