Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedAAMH Curly Skin weft... NOT installed!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
nakasaki View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: AAMH Curly Skin weft... NOT installed!
    Posted: Oct 02 2008 at 8:33pm
Hey gals!  I don't post often.  But when I get something good, I LOVE to share.  I ordered some AAMH curly skin wefts on Tuesday and received them today.  I wanted to get my order in with the 10% back to school sale still in to.  ANyhow, here are pics of them.  Because I just received them, I will install them tomorrow after work.  I know it's a bit of a tease but I figured I would show the hair right out of the bag and then wet.  I promise to share photos tomorrow when installed...   No pw required for now...
http://www.picasaweb.google.com/Sukipiano/AAMHCurlySkinWefts#

Sponsored Links

dejee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2008 at 8:39pm
Very pretty! I love AAMH. They are one of my top vendors as far as processed hair.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2008 at 11:55pm
pretty. how do u plan to install them? which adhesive? And is your hair relaxed or will u braid it and put skinwefts on top of braids?

I'm always at a loss of how to wear and blend skin wefts with hair being loose
jonesy0329 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2008 at 12:04am
Very pretty.
nakasaki View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2008 at 6:29am
The hair is indeed pretty.  This is my first time dealing with AAMH, so I'm HOPING this hair doesn't do a bird's nest at the neck.
I should mention, although the skin wefts are 3 oz per order, I was expecting a longer weft track, but the good thing (for me anyway) is that the amount of hair is thicker on a shorter weft.   So I have to apply less wefts to achieve the same look.
Purplehaze, I usually use proflex tape and liquid gold, which lasts app. a month.  But I am going to try the *new and improved* liquid gold.  It's MUCH thinner, it comes in a tube bottle, and supposedly works the same (purchased at hairextensions101.com)

Natural Lady View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2008 at 10:50am
What is a skin weft? Embarrassed
dejee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2008 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by nakasaki nakasaki wrote:

The hair is indeed pretty.  This is my first time dealing with AAMH, so I'm HOPING this hair doesn't do a bird's nest at the neck.
I should mention, although the skin wefts are 3 oz per order, I was expecting a longer weft track, but the good thing (for me anyway) is that the amount of hair is thicker on a shorter weft.   So I have to apply less wefts to achieve the same look.
Purplehaze, I usually use proflex tape and liquid gold, which lasts app. a month.  But I am going to try the *new and improved* liquid gold.  It's MUCH thinner, it comes in a tube bottle, and supposedly works the same (purchased at hairextensions101.com)

I have 2 LF's from them and had their kinky curly wefts and no bird's nest at the neck w/ any of them. Just soft and flowy!
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2008 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

pretty. how do u plan to install them? which adhesive? And is your hair relaxed or will u braid it and put skinwefts on top of braids? I'm always at a loss of how to wear and blend skin wefts with hair being loose

This is such a good question. I was thinking about this and I decided that since I always wear a closure I'm going to install the wefts around the area where the closure is. I'll put braids on the back and sides and see how long that lasts.

I got the thinner liquid gold from HE101 and it is MUCH easier to work with.

Ladies - How often do you cowash? I'm worried that if I do this the wefts will have to be reinstalled every week.

I want to do it next month but I'm thinking about ordering of Perfectlocks. How does this hair look / feel?

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Oct 03 2008 at 12:59pm
nakasaki View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2008 at 8:25am
Well I installed them on friday and I used what I usually use.  Here's what I do...
1. I measure the hair to the area it's to be applied, then cut.
2. Apply vapon no tape to weft (let dry for a few minutes before applying tape)
3. Attach proflex tape to the vapon on the weft
4. apply liquid gold to the tape, then apply to your hair (not your scalp, but at least 1/2 inch off your scalp).

Make sure to stretch the weft out while applying so you don't get "lumps" after your first wash.  You can wash as often as you'd like.  Obviously if you're washing everyday, you'll need to install sooner, but no sooner than 3 weeks if applied correctly.  I remove and reinstall every month, and wash 2x a week.
HTH
KBeeH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2008 at 9:14am
Did you take any pics? Would love to see.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic