BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

A WHITE WOMAN GAVE ME A COPY OF THE HELP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
journeytolong View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote journeytolong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 9:41pm
Well kudos to coming up here and asking for advice. I would literally kill her with kindness to the point that she becomes paranoid then when she least expects it, I strike! lol
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 10:17pm
If she had given you the book, it would mean respect.
The fact that she gave you the movie shows that she thinks you need a white savior just like the maids on the movie.
The book is much more interesting and show blacks thinking, not needing the help of whites to think.
The movie is LAME and shows silly things such as the fat housekeeper (Minny) leaving her abusive husband only because her boss said she wanted her to work for her forever. It even says in the movie "with the help of her boss, Minny left her husband".

I would thank her for lending me the movie and give it back. If she says it is a present, you can either keep it or just say "no thanks". Don't show anger, don't show that you are upset. That's exactly what she wants to see.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 10:20pm
In any case, I wouldn't let that slide. I'd repay her gesture in kind what a dvd of my own, the type to leave her shook
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 11:38pm
Some bitch at my job tried to give me her copy of that book. I was like "no". 
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 11:40pm
lol why do these pasty O's think we are not in tune with the struggle? What is the real purpose of them "gifting" us with books like The Help? To show us that not all of them are bad people?
Gimme a break Ermm
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2013 at 12:35am
I returned the movie today, thanked her and let her know we don't share the same taste in movies.
She seemed to want to chat about the movie so I turned the conversation to my new house and the recent unfair pay cuts in her dep. LOL

Thanks for All the advice. Hug
Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilnicka4u2nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2013 at 12:37am
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

I returned the movie today, thanked her and let her know we don't share the same taste in movies.
She seemed to want to chat about the movie so I turned the conversation to my new house and the recent unfair pay cuts in her dep. LOL

you should of chatted to find out what her point was in giving you the movie, and her opinion of it...
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2013 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Lilnicka4u2nv Lilnicka4u2nv wrote:

Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

you should of chatted to find out what her point was in giving you the movie, and her opinion of it...

Im not that strong, I didn't want to spend too much time with her.
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2013 at 2:01am
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

Bake her a pie

I didn't even laugh...I cackled from somewhere deep within    .
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic