BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

a sew in should not hurt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 7:53am
Originally posted by miana79 miana79 wrote:

people who do not get ther har braided very often are usually like that!

This was probably why I reacted so badly when that white woman committed attempted murder on my beautiful long hair. Disapprove

But I got my weave done in Ghana and ooooooh, I love my country. THEY KNOW HOW TO HANDLE HAIR! Clap Great hair care and weave for only 40 cedis!

Ghana, my love!
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

why not just tell the braider to loosen up?  i really dont understand accepting that kind of pain and potential traction alopecia.

sn: i got so distracted for like 20 minutes watching that girls channels and trying to figure out why she had so many views when she and her gf seem kind of boring.

Some WILL NOT listen to you. They're too stuck in their ways or too prideful and "know what they're doing" so they turn a damn styling session into medieval hair torture. -.-

I went to this salon last year and was pretty nervous since it was my first time since going natural. It was a black salon.. SUPPOSEDLY.

The woman who was going to do my hair was this white woman. A white woman has never styled my hair before so I was damn nervous but decided to be open-minded. Sleepy

That woman *&%^$#@Eed up my hair so bad with the blowdryer, bitch made it rain clumps of my own hair and I sat there like a fool trying to get my money's worth. -__- She couldn't even exhibit BASIC hair care practice correctly. Even worse, when she began cornrowing my hair, I told her multiple times, "not too tight/please loosen up" and this heifer would just smack her gum and say "yeah" with NO CHANGE in how she was braiding.

When I was done, I was in so much pain, I was in my car crying. I have NEVER had that happen before. Not even as a kid did I cry after the hair was done! That white woman mistreated my hair and scalp so bad, I undid the cornrows an hour later and found I had a couple of cuts on my scalp after finding crusted blood.

Some stylists simply do not give a damn. I gave that place a bad review on yelp and google. They tried to dismiss everything, smh.

see this is what i dont understand.  your hair fallen like the towers and strands jumpin ship like the titanic and you stayed.  not being a member of bhm...i aint tryna hear it.  hair just would not have gotten done that day. if you cant love your hair can you at least love you folliclesLOL
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 8:23am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

lol @ her smiling at the end. i dont know enough about hair to give a proper comment
LOLLOL

Every time you comment to things like this it makes me laugh. 

But yeah this one woman did my sewn in one time and I got a bald spot because it was sooo tight. I haven't gone to her in years.
#DoYourOwnWeaveFTW
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 9:49am
Meh, I think she was just tender-headed.  Why did the weave look so thin? 
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 11:16am
That sew in ain't even decent though...Confused
miamiu27 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiu27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 11:38am
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

That sew in ain't even decent though...Confused

True
Aerie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 11:59am
My mom once got her hair braided far too tight, she was in pain with headaches for day. She swiftly jumped into the shower, and soaked her head to loosen the braids. 

I'm scared to go to a stylist for these type of reasons. I've been spoiled by having my mom do my hair all these years. 

I need to learn to do it myself, pronto.
chidiva79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chidiva79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 10:53pm
I absolutely cannot take any tight braids nor when they sew the wefts in. I have super thick hair and I'm natural. I am very careful to tell whoever is braiding my hair several times....may even a 100 times DO NOT BRAID MY HAIR TIGHT. I would rather come back in 8 weeks or tighten it myself before I get a super tight sew in. I've taking a sew in down in 3 days because it was too tight. I'm concerned about traction alopecia and my hair falling out. I have to leave my perimeter out because if I don't, i get bumps. 
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 3:35am
I REALLY don't understand why folks seem to think scalp-pulling tight braids mean that's the only way the braid will stay secure.  My stylists doesn't braid tight at all and her braids last for 3 months.
sbrooke View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sbrooke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 5:08am
No matter how hard I used to tell some stylists it hurts, they would barely loosen up on the braiding and the sewing in part makes it even more tighter.
Ladies be careful for real. Someone did my weave so tight that I had bumps the entire install and once I took it down I had bald patches all throughout my hair from being pulled out.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic