Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A real Hunger Games....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A real Hunger Games....
    Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 1:25am
what do y'all think?

Ready for America's Next Top Katniss?

The CW has ordered two new reality shows, including one that's clearly "Hunger Games"-inspired.

In "The Hunt," 12 tributes teams of two are dropped into the wilderness without food, water or shelter. They must compete in a game where they'll rely on their physicality, survival skills and hunting skills to endure the harsh conditions and kill "capture" one another.

EW.com: 2012's five great cliffhangers

The second new CW reality series is called "Perfect Score." This is a dating show where two friends compete to see who can pick their ideal mate from a group of ...

Behind the scenes on 'Hunger Games' set
Critic, iReporters review 'Hunger Games'

Yeah, so back to "The Hunt." The competition lasts a full month and the winner will receive a cash prize. No premiere date is set.

It's been awhile since any reality show really made a successful run at a "Survivor"-style competition, so it will be interesting to see how this one turns out.

The order follows The CW developing a drama series, "The Selection," that's been compared to "The Hunger Games" (the project is still alive, I'm told), and toying with the (ill-advised) idea of adapting ultra-violent Japanese cult favorite "Battle Royale," which has a very similar storyline to "The Hunger Games."

EW.com: Critics press The CW on 'Battle Royale' plans: 'You know what it's about, right?'

Perhaps "The Hunt" will be a way for the network to capitalize (Capitolize?) on the hit franchise, like "The Vampire Diaries" post-"Twilight" and "Arrow" post-"Dark Knight."

Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 1:28am
I would probably love The Hunt if a more capable network was producing it. The Cw reality shows are always low budget. Mark Burnett should've done it. What a waste!
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 1:31am
meh
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 1:43am
Interesting
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 2:35am
Yes, I've heard. i was so annoyed.
The point to the story was the oppressed fighting back. The Hunger Games was just a means to an end really. It showed the cruelty of human nature through the Capitol and people viewing more and more disturbing things and enjoying it.
The books were much deeper than this cheap spinoff they are making. I'm not okay with it.Sleepy
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 7:25am
Who watches CW?
Brownsugar1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 5:02pm
^ the other people
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 5:05pm
there's nothing real about reality tv

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Dec 14 2012 at 5:15pm
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 5:07pm
It aint gon work out.
dee1672 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee1672 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 10:28am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I would probably love The Hunt if a more capable network was producing it. The Cw reality shows are always low budget. Mark Burnett should've done it. What a waste!

Exactly what I thought. I didnt even know the CW still existed.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style