BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

A question for my African brothas/sistas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 18>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 5:17pm

He keeps saying that yet cannot point to a single example of said patronizing in this thread. So funny.

Sponsored Links

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 5:17pm
im just a yellow mutt Disapprove
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

This thread.

I am going to go make fufu in honor of this thread and polish off my leftovers. 

i had mine with cabbage and boerewors
what is this?
its a type of sausage

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

He keeps saying that yet cannot point to a single example of said patronizing in this thread. So funny.

the op makes a patronising assumption that now he has since discovered his routes, the african guys he knows or has expressed this to, should be willing to accept him into their circle.

thats a patronising assumption of brotherhood.

is it not that obvious?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 5:22pm

the op makes a patronising assumption that now he has since discovered his routes, the african guys he knows or has expressed this to, should be willing to accept him into their circle.

is it not that obvious?

This is the Op's post. Please underline what's patronizing about it because all I see is cultural curiosity and interest in his ancestry

"I had a DNA test earlier this year and it gave me results of the country I'm most genetically similar to in Africa. So, when I'm building with my African brothas and sistas from this specific country and I tell them this they brush me off and say slick ish like "I know what "" look like and you don't look like us" or "yeah yeah that's unlikely". Why won't my brothas and sistas accept me? It's not like I'm trying to front like I'm from the country, just that my ancestors are most likely from this place."
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 5:22pm
i didnt get that from the OP
i am always excited to meet other Haitians and will ask ppl if they're haitian all the time
/shrugs/
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 5:23pm

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

This thread.

I am going to go make fufu in honor of this thread and polish off my leftovers. 

i had mine with cabbage and boerewors
what is this?
its a type of sausage

I looked at it & it reminded me of bratwurst (another sausage) .
Sometimes I make cabbage & keilbasa (another sausage) tis muy deliciosoEmbarrassed
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 5:24pm

is it not that obvious?

This is the Op's post. Please underline what's patronizing about it because all I see is cultural curiosity and interest in his ancestry

"I had a DNA test earlier this year and it gave me results of the country I'm most genetically similar to in Africa. So, when I'm building with my African brothas and sistas from this specific country and I tell them this they brush me off and say slick ish like "I know what "" look like and you don't look like us" or "yeah yeah that's unlikely". Why won't my brothas and sistas accept me? It's not like I'm trying to front like I'm from the country, just that my ancestors are most likely from this place."

did you forget the bit that comes before the bold?

why wont my brothers and sistas accept me?

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i didnt get that from the OP
i am always excited to meet other Haitians and will ask ppl if they're haitian all the time
/shrugs/

Same here! Just like I get approached a lot by africans asking me where I'm from, and there's always a tiny light of disappointment when I tell them. It's only natural.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 5:25pm
Not for nothing, but I could have told the op all he needed to know for about $20 and a bottle of conditionerLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 18>
  Share Topic