Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

A question for my African brothas/sistas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 18>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 4:25pm
This thread.

I am going to go make fufu in honor of this thread and polish off my leftovers. 

Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

This thread.

i had mine with cabbage and boerewors
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

and all african cultures, nationalities and ethnicities within the same country can get along with each other???? Like this is specific to non african blacks? Pleaaaaase...
How is it patronizing to want to know who your ancestors where? Never mind, don't answer. I don't feel like engaging you.

Lamp

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I asked the same thingLOL

Like that ish don't even make a lick of sense.

And I'm speaking as someone who already knows that I don't originate from Ham...

Smh

no one said wanting to know where your ancestors come from is a problem, shad already did that by going for his dna test,

assuming that using a couple of catchphrases here and changing dress code there will get people to accept him or her is whats patronising and makes most africans kinda turn up their noses in that ' oh so you know one or two words and sport a dashiki, you african now' manner (eta: this is in a broad sense and not pertaining to shad alone)

its like saying, an african wearing timbaland boots and basketball tops and yelling yo' makes him AA

it doesnt work like that.

I don't think anyone in this thread mentioned conformity by the use of clothing, speech or proverbs, so I have no clue where is all of this coming from. Not saying that it doesn't happen, but I'm just trying to figure out what does that have to do with the cost of tea in China or the price of P in Nevada?

Edited by blaquefoxx - Nov 11 2012 at 4:34pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 4:38pm

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I don't think anyone in this thread mentioned conformity by the use of clothing, speech or proverbs, so I have no clue where is all of this coming from. Not saying that it doesn't happen, but I'm just trying to figure out what does that have to do with the cost of tea in China or the price of P in Nevada?

absolutely nothing
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 4:40pm

I don't think anyone in this thread mentioned conformity by the use of clothing, speech or proverbs, so I have no clue where is all of this coming from. Not saying that it doesn't happen, but I'm just trying to figure out what does that have to do with the cost of tea in China or the price of P in Nevada?
[/QUOTE]

Nobody did. But it's BHM, so these kinds of threads always turn sour...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 4:45pm
Let's talk about our Mongolian brothas and sistas on black hair media. It makes much more sense, LOL
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 5:02pm
What people fail to realize about negroes (and when I say negro, I'm addressing the "blacks" of North, South, Central America and the Caribbean) is that we have truly lost our identity and are constantly searching. We have no knowledge of our history, customs, languages and are constantly told by other folks who we are, how we should act and who we should identify with.

Its quite insulting for people who do have an identity (and don't identify with us) to tell us the "protocols" of how to build, fit in or gain acceptance. It comes off as arrogant. Of course the people who has knowledge of their languages, culture and origins are going to scoff at the excitement or curiosity of the person who has neither. And this is why there is no connection between us and them.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 5:11pm
@Blaque: I get what you're saying. I just want to interject though that we DO have an identity. Black people from the diaspora formed their own culture. Out of many became one. I understand that AA's are in a different predicament from those of the carribbean, but you DO have a distinct culture. and I sure as hell KNOW that haitians have a culture and that guadeloupeans are not just French made black versions. It's just that you're surrounded by white folks trying to dictate who you are in less than glamourous terms. But yeah, I get what you mean about the arrogance. It's actually baffling because if some "coonette" who is obviously black got into the conversation and said there was nothing african about her, the same folks would be up at arms, like Oh, she think she white and all of that... It's a can't win situation

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Nov 11 2012 at 5:13pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 5:15pm
@ blaque in the same breath, one should not patronise whichever culture they are trying to fit into or identify with. most people just want to be approached in a respectable manner and not have their cultures treated like its some fanfare thats not arrogance

Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

This thread.

i had mine with cabbage and boerewors
what is this?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair