Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

A question for my African brothas/sistas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 18>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

so shad, whats so important about acceptance?

what would you lik to achieve in the long run

and if you were talking to some naija dudes the i can say im not surprised at the 'eff that homie you arent one of us' you received

How did you approach them? Where you friends acquaintances before or did you just roll up dressed like

Sponsored Links

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

Oh, he was  Ngala/Ngbande.  

Well, I give you a big Hug It's his loss. 

My co-worker married an African-American and her parents invited her ex Nigerian BF to their engagement party. Talk about awkward. 

OMG!!! I can totally picture that, LOL. Actually I shouldn't laugh, but I can see this happening

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Nov 11 2012 at 3:45pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 3:46pm
none african black cultures cant even get along within themselves and yet they expect africans to embrace them once they yell 'uhuru' or some sh*t like that..

its kinda patronising
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 3:49pm
and all african cultures, nationalities and ethnicities within the same country can get along with each other???? Like this is specific to non african blacks? Pleaaaaase...
How is it patronizing to want to know who your ancestors where? Never mind, don't answer. I don't feel like engaging you.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Nov 11 2012 at 3:50pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 3:53pm

so shad, whats so important about acceptance?

what would you lik to achieve in the long run

and if you were talking to some naija dudes the i can say im not surprised at the 'eff that homie you arent one of us' you received

How did you approach them? Where you friends acquaintances before or did you just roll up dressed like

thats funny
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

im slowly starting to lol at this thread

if anything shad, you look more ghanaian than anything else
The one ghanaian I knew did not look good at allOuch
that bad huh?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 3:58pm

My co-worker married an African-American and her parents invited her ex Nigerian BF to their engagement party. Talk about awkward. 

Purple, what's your ethnicity?
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

and all african cultures, nationalities and ethnicities within the same country can get along with each other???? Like this is specific to non african blacks? Pleaaaaase...
How is it patronizing to want to know who your ancestors where? Never mind, don't answer. I don't feel like engaging you.
Lamp

I asked the same thingLOL

Like that ish don't even make a lick of sense.

And I'm speaking as someone who already knows that I don't originate from Ham...

Smh

purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 4:04pm

Purple, what's your ethnicity?

/ 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Lamp

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I asked the same thingLOL

Like that ish don't even make a lick of sense.

And I'm speaking as someone who already knows that I don't originate from Ham...

Smh

no one said wanting to know where your ancestors come from is a problem, shad already did that by going for his dna test,

assuming that using a couple of catchphrases here and changing dress code there will get people to accept him or her is whats patronising and makes most africans kinda turn up their noses in that ' oh so you know one or two words and sport a dashiki, you african now' manner (eta: this is in a broad sense and not pertaining to shad alone)

its like saying, an african wearing timbaland boots and basketball tops and yelling yo' makes him AA

it doesnt work like that.

Edited by afrokock - Nov 11 2012 at 4:08pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 18>