BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

A question for my African brothas/sistas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

^^thats ice cold

It wasn't meant to offend. But as you well know, africans don't even accept each other based on tribal affiliations within the same country. Why the hell would they see a black from the diaspora as one of their own in any way, shape or form? When I say "accept you", I don't mean that they would never like you, befriend you, etc. But start talking about the whole searching for your roots and being panafricanist and all that and they'll laugh in your face. I'm just keeping it real.

You do know Africa is a huge continent, right? I'm sorry you felt rejected.

I'm speaking from my own personal experience. Like I said, I did not mean to offend, I was just being honest about what I felt. and yes, I do know that Africa is a big continent, I've been there.
Sponsored Links

mspatty View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mspatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:13pm

^^thats ice cold

It wasn't meant to offend. But as you well know, africans don't even accept each other based on tribal affiliations within the same country. Why the hell would they see a black from the diaspora as one of their own in any way, shape or form? When I say "accept you", I don't mean that they would never like you, befriend you, etc. But start talking about the whole searching for your roots and being panafricanist and all that and they'll laugh in your face. I'm just keeping it real.

maybe it's the africans you met or were involved with. I know plenty of Africans including me who accept other blacks as their own.

Africans in Africa looove them some jamaicans.everything about jamaica.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

The DNA results said I'm most genetically similar to Nigerians. 

yeah i figured that is what it would say. don't they tell everyone that?

i figure i am most similar to ppl from Guinea. that's where they say Haitians are from and i think many ppl from Guinea acknowledge that "Fact"
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:17pm

I swear I knew you were going to say that or Cameroon for some reason.
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:17pm
you look Yoruba PK
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:18pm
Africans come up to me and ask me where I'm from. Like really foreign born Africans...
I get Nigeria and Ghana the most. I really need to find out.
Share where you had it done op

Edited by coconess - Nov 11 2012 at 1:23pm
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:18pm
what's wrong with someone saying i will not accept you as african? is that offensive or something?
does being an in-law make you part of the culture?
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:19pm
im slowly starting to lol at this thread

if anything shad, you look more ghanaian than anything else
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by mspatty mspatty wrote:

^^thats ice cold

maybe it's the africans you met or were involved with. I know plenty of Africans including me who accept other blacks as their own.

Africans in Africa looove them some jamaicans.everything about jamaica.

Like I said, my own personal experience. I've been around a lot of africans and still am. I'm just saying that the ones I've encountered do not see blacks from the diaspora as fully whole. They always have a smirk when I try to claim my africanness. I've learned not to do that anymore.

My marriage was another story, they were straight up hostile except for a few (wonderful with the white wives, though). But that's a different realm altogether
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

yeah i figured that is what it would say. don't they tell everyone that?

i figure i am most similar to ppl from Guinea. that's where they say Haitians are from and i think many ppl from Guinea acknowledge that "Fact"

oh wow. i never knew that. cool.
Thumbs Up
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair