Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

A question for my African brothas/sistas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:03pm
my fam also loves my jamaican sister in law....shes closer to my aunts and uncles than I am lol shes so engaged with our fam
Sponsored Links

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:04pm
this is not about outing the OP. its about the distinction between peoples and the secret derivative of the negro.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

^^thats ice cold

It wasn't meant to offend. But as you well know, africans don't even accept each other based on tribal affiliations within the same country. Why the hell would they see a black from the diaspora as one of their own in any way, shape or form? When I say "accept you", I don't mean that they would never like you, befriend you, etc. But start talking about the whole searching for your roots and being panafricanist and all that and they'll laugh in your face. I'm just keeping it real.
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:07pm
when i said ice cold, i meant that was ice cold of him to say that
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:08pm
Is OP a man or a woman
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

^^thats ice cold

It wasn't meant to offend. But as you well know, africans don't even accept each other based on tribal affiliations within the same country. Why the hell would they see a black from the diaspora as one of their own in any way, shape or form? When I say "accept you", I don't mean that they would never like you, befriend you, etc. But start talking about the whole searching for your roots and being panafricanist and all that and they'll laugh in your face. I'm just keeping it real.

You do know Africa is a huge continent, right? I'm sorry you felt rejected.
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:10pm

I've always wanted to do this. But on the real, and I don't mean to offend, they will never accept you because africans don't see blacks from the diaspora as having anything to do with them. I was married to an african brother for several years and I was never truly accepted, with my haitian dark butt and all.
I was told on several occasions that west indians had no culture of their own

Can I ask where in Africa he was from?

My friend's Nigerian family seems to hate me. His dad will not look at me even when I'm standing directly in front of him. It's so uncomfortable/funny.

However, my other friend's Kenyan family accepted me in with open arms and his mother was introducing me as her son's sister to her family.

Of course this is just from my little experience, but was just wondering about yours
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:11pm

when i said ice cold, i meant that was ice cold of him to say that

It wasn't him saying it, though. If it were, the attraction would not have been there. It was members of his family, friends I even got that from random african students when I was in college...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

I've always wanted to do this. But on the real, and I don't mean to offend, they will never accept you because africans don't see blacks from the diaspora as having anything to do with them. I was married to an african brother for several years and I was never truly accepted, with my haitian dark butt and all.
I was told on several occasions that west indians had no culture of their own

Can I ask where in Africa he was from?

My friend's Nigerian family seems to hate me. His dad will not look at me even when I'm standing directly in front of him. It's so uncomfortable/funny.

However, my other friend's Kenyan family accepted me in with open arms and his mother was introducing me as her son's sister to her family.

Of course this is just from my little experience, but was just wondering about yours

He was from the Congo (ex Zaire). My cousin is married to a Kenyan right now and they have a child together. She's having problems with the family too, although her marriage seems allright
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 1:12pm
i've had a different experience with my fam, we are not as militant, even the ones back home
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
  Share Topic