Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

A positive thread from a graduate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A positive thread from a graduate
    Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:18pm
Hi guys!! I'm back with the school talk again!

I just have been seeing so many graduates out there being crushed and disheartened with the job market out there! & feeling like they wasted their time & money. & trust me I was recently one of you! I just recently landed a graduate job with one of the biggest companies in the world on a fantastic role with an out of this world pay (YAY ME!) and I can safely say to you that all those hours of sleepless nights and months of applications after are worth it!

The job market sucks! But the jobs are there but so difficult to get it to! But NEVER EVER back down! I started applying in June last year and all I was seeing was rejections and now over half a year later something has materialised. I had started to regret my life and feel stupid for ever going to Uni haha, TWICE as well!

One big thing I would say for you to have a chance out there is to have a great personality. I know sounds funny right! But I can definitely tell you that you may have the best degrees out there but if you walk in there & they do not see a likeable person they will not hire you. Leadership and team work skills are your selling point. Everything else they don't mind teaching it to you.

I am a religious person so I owe everything to God himself because it can only be him because he moved a huge obstacle in my life that I was starting to think impossible to pass. The other day in a religious thread on here I was just talking about how God paves the way for His children and how he was helping me through this difficult time of life, and Lo and Behold! A job I applied to last year was handed to me. Prayer is powerful. I'm trying not to preach because I know we have a mix of people on this forum but I had to mention because God is every part of me hehehe!

So graduates out there... Please do not feel discouraged. & definitely don't feel scared to be adventurous. If they won't give you experience find a way to get it yourself. Or just keep pushing until someone caves! & religious graduates also keep praying. They're bound to find out how great you are soon enough! Whatever you decide to do, just don't ever give up.

We worked for those degrees & it does pay off!

So good luck and God bless!

This journey is one heck of rollercoster so try enjoy it! Baby steps hehe

Edited by sistagal - Feb 05 2013 at 5:21pm
Sponsored Links

tbaby123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tbaby123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:23pm
ugh bragging. 

haha just kiddinggggg (sorta ;) ) CONGRATS!!! im happy for you :)

Edited by tbaby123 - Feb 05 2013 at 5:24pm
sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by tbaby123 tbaby123 wrote:

ugh bragging. 

Lool *there there*

Edited by sistagal - Feb 05 2013 at 5:26pm
AmyAmyAmy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyAmyAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:27pm
Congrats :)

I really hope this is me in a few years!
dreamz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:32pm
So happy for you!
sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:34pm
@amy it will be! Just remain positive. The moment you start feeling negative you begin doubting yourself & your ability & slowly give up. & it doesn't help that everywhere you turn there's always something or someone reminding you that it's not happening.
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:35pm
Congrats Clap
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:36pm
Congrats! Clap

I'm not going to put out all of my business (contrary to my typical style), but I have 2 interviews the week after next. Don't be discouraged recent or upcoming law school grads. Businesses are hiring people.

Edited by Limalady - Feb 05 2013 at 5:59pm
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by tbaby123 tbaby123 wrote:

ugh bragging. 

LOL....That was cute!!!

Congrats sista...positivity always wins
sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:43pm
Thank you guys! I'm over the moon!

I found myself a little apprehensive to tell (because it sorta does feel like bragging) but when it's not going so well we're always so quick to complain & I think it really discourages a lot of recent or upcoming graduates if all they see in negative feedback.

@limalady good luck and I hope they go well!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic