Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 61>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by naynay455 naynay455 wrote:

Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Hey Ladies! I straightened my hair! Lawd, I'se tired! Its MUCH straighter this time around. I made sure my Cleo was fully detangled this time. I also used the blowdryer and comb attachment. I wish yall could have seen my "all thumbs" blowdry and FI'ing! Laughable learning curve!

I used the Nexxus Split End Binder and IC Glossing Serum before applying heat. The Nexxus product left a residue on my fingertips, initially, but has since evaporated. My hair aint bone straight, but straighter than I have ever gotten. I'm going to roll all of Cleo on satin and sponge rollers and see what happens. I did run out and threw her into a bun! LOL!

Now i know u plan on taking pictures miss lady!!!!!!!!!!!

Nay, I plan on it after I finish having fun with the straight hairWink. Its forcing me to take pics, which I really don't do. oi'm usually behind the camera, so I have to force myself to take pics. Plus, I suck at itLOLBut, I will try.
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 10:32pm
Today I broke out my electric straightening comb. This is my 2nd time using it. Ok, I realize that I prefer my ol' stove top one to the electric one. It just doesn't heat up like the old stove top. I ran the comb through my hair in small sections. I had to run out, so I threw her in a high bun(which I have been wearing the past three or four days and LUVING). I went to Family Dollar to pick up some items. In the back of my mind I was thinking bout pressing my hair again. But, I knew I needed something to help with the sleekness of the press.

So, I picked up some Crisco. I read threads here and on LHCF awhile back about Crisco, but had no need for it, so I reseached it again this morning. So, I picked it up. Ummmm... can I say AWESOME?!!! I added a dime sized amount to small to medium sections. My flatiron was on 350-400 degrees. I did 3 passes at the most. i did get lazy bc my son was asking fifty million questions (he's eightTongue) and wanted me to watch 'Ice Age' for the fifty millionth time, so at the end my sections were bigger. But, overall, my hair is straighter and the shine is awesomeStarShockedClap. Its still not bone straight and it doesn't fully show my length. I still have to pull my hair down to show that it is MBL, but I don't have to pull alot! My straightening skills are getting better! Hubby will be tres surprised when he gets home in the early am.  I'm proud of me and Ms.Cleo! So feeling the CRISCO! Since I have a date with the boy and Christmas trains tomorrow, I'll throw her in a bun and pincurl her tomorrow night.

But, I now need to try to focus on my hairline. i have a naturally weak hairline- had it all my life. The last few days, its really noticeable(to me). I have noticed that I do have some peach fuzz sprouting in some spots. I think I will pick up some castor oil and rub it in those areas that make me Sleepy. So, we shall see.

Edited by luvmybiga$$fro - Dec 01 2012 at 10:48pm
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 10:14am
My journey started in 08 with short damage nl hair. I wasn't wearing weaves properly. I browsed this board and saw a member, Estorica, I beleive, whose hair started in the same condition as mine, but then she grew it to almost waist length (by properly wearing weaves). I adopted her method of wearing sew ins back to back. My hair was growing. It was soon a little below apl. Then I started doing u-parts, before they became hugely popular. Being that I had more access to my hair, I was doing way too much to my real hair (thanks to this board hahaha). My hair was still growing, but it no longer felt the same. I reached below BSL. I wasn't getting trims as much as I needed.

Earlier this year I went in for a trim and homegirl cut a lot of my hair. I was back to a little below shoulder length. I decided to stop with the weaves so much. I was nervous because I depend on them a lot to aid in my hair growth. I also stopped doing so much to my hair. I only deep condition, shampoo with any 2n1, condition, leave in condition, put it in a bun then air dry over night. If I blow dry, I use olive oil serum. If I flat iron, olive oil serum. Occasionally, I put garnier leave in on my ends then seal with any oil I have. That's it. My hair, in about 7 months, grew back close to bsl. 
I self trim, proud of myself, not to long ago and cut off about a half of inch. The End.  

Edited by KottonKandy - Dec 02 2012 at 10:16am
Tanzi2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanzi2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 11:59am
I had my hair straightened for the last time this year on Tuesday. I got sick in Wednesday so it reverted back a little. I can say my hair is very healthy. I had a trim last month so I didn't see a whole lot go growth. I can say that I've learned a lot going into next year about my hair.

I transitioned my hair using sew-in weaves and decided to wear my hair out in August. I will say it has been an adjustment in terms of finding products and methods of styling. Looking back at pictures, I realize that I've come a long way. I'm confident that in 2013 I'll retain more length and have even healthier hair! I added a few pictures to my fotki.
http://public.fotki.com/tanzi2001/my-wl-hair-journey/

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 5:04am
Lol! Men are truly visual creatures! Some men truly LUV some hair. There's somme.men working on a house down the street from me. I've exchanged hellos in passing, so they know my vehicle. Now, since I have straight hair w/ curls- its like I'm incognegro! Twice this one guy has tripped UP the stairs STARING me down! Its hilarious!

I took my son to a doc appt and the Hubby said that maybe he should go with us to keep the mens off me. I told his behind to go to sleep since he had just gotten in from work 2hrs prior. But, I did lol!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 7:12pm
Hey Ladies! I have used heat several times this week and last. It was spread out over days though.

For Cleo, it takes a high amount of heat to get her bone straight. But, since this is my 'real' first time being responsible for the heat on Cleo, I was really careful with the amount of heat. But, I was too careful. I was scared of heat damage, so my hair was reminiscent of 50's - 60's hair- thick and full but not totally straight.

So, I pulled out the old skool stove top hot comb yesterday. I have an electric one that goes to 500°, but it was a JOKE. Cleo needs that heat! She is MUCH MUCH STRAIGHTER! I can clearly see I am MBL! Cleo is soooi thick, I sttill have not gotten her fully straight though. But, I'm OFFICIALLY MBL!!!
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 10:12pm
@ Luv and cleo: congrats at reaching mbl. I HOPE TO BE THERE BY THE END OF FEBRUARY now that i had this last trim. but u grow girl!!!!!!

ROTFL @ MAN TRIPPING UP THE STAIRS.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 7:03pm
Thanks, Nay!!! Girl, We are excited! I wanted this soo bad last yr and now I'm reveling in it. I'm almost to my childhood WL! I could complain that I cant get Cleo bone straight, but I get closer each time I do use heat. I'm learning how to correctly use heat and at what temp for Cleo. I'm experimenting more with styling which forces me to do something with her nightly annd keeping her covered. So,.its fun entering a new phase of growth and retention.

Long hair experiences this week-
I had my hair get caught in my seatbelt.
I had my hair get stuck in my lipgloss.
I almost ate my hair.
I rolled over my hair while napping.
I felt like I was in a HE's commercial when the wind blew my hair all around my head picking up lunch.
I keep getting long 'soul searching' gazes from the young boys and mens.
Yeah...interesting
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 11:35am
Hey Gals! I decided to keep Cleo straight for Christmas. Just too busy to pamper her. Plus, it wasn't the easiest to get her straight - so I'm milking it!

Hubby flatironed me a few days ago and took my official MBL pics! I have to remind him to send them to my phone. When he was combing my hair before he snapped the pics, he said: 'Baby, ya hair is below the bottom of ya bra with more to spare!' I was PUMPED! He said I could use a trim(which I know). My bro went to our stylist(she's back since the death of her Dad) a few days ago, but I got Christmas stuff to prepare for, so I'll get Cleo trimmed in the NY.

Hope everyone is well!!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:17pm

Hey Ladies! Hubby sent the pics of Ms. Cleo, so here goes. I am apologizing now b: the bathroom was messy, my pics will be huge bc I cant resize on my phone, and my back bulge(had on my kicking it around the house aint got no where to go or be need to retire bra-LOL). I'm also gonna throw in some random 'enjoying Cleo straight' pics too. Hope yall enjoy! Teehee !

MBL FINALLY:

Cleo has a natural curl that doesnt go away unless I use alot a heat, so she looks bumped at the ends. I think I had her in a ponytail pinned under before Hubby snapped the pic:

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 61>