Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 64>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 10:19pm
@ luv yea the PM ran me about $20 and it wasn't even the biggest bottle.but then again thats also the same price i pay for my fav/staple twisting/moisturizing cream so if its worth it i never mind spending it....

i told u about that ors mayo its the truth. im gonna have to pick up another jar i ran out last wash day. and friday is coming soon. time for a new style soon.
Sponsored Links

mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:49pm
Oooh lots and lots of updates!! Loving all the pics up in here everyone's hair is sooo GORGEOUS!!!

I, on the other hand, have gotten a lot busier but I've stuck to my haircare routine (thank goodness!). I deep condition, shampoo, and detangle weekly. I've gone back to suave professionals shampoo. That creme of nature was good and all, but it really doesn't clean my hair. I'd be done set my scalp on fire from rubbing it so much trying to clean it. It just doesn't CLEAN it (or maybe my scalp just produces vicious dirt ) but I've given up on that. Right now, I'm in a set of twists. Every couple of days or so, I mist with water, coat in leave in, and seal and massage my scalp with oil. Despite the coooold weather down here, Nelly is always so doggone SOFT! I keep the twists in a bun all the time so my ends are never visible. And can I also say that my ends are looking GORGEOUS!!!? I'm still gonna trim the front but the back and sides are showing absolutely no frays! I'm gonna continue to trim the front though, because I'm so over the "mutated" look of my hair in the front. I think it makes my hair look longer than it actually is and I'm not cool with that! That was all, hope you ladies are still doing awesome!!!

And Luv I see you!! Glad the ORS worked for you! And I'm sorry for your stylist's loss. Hope she's doing okay.
nikietc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikietc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 10:56am
aww, it's so cool to pop in and see some of the vets and how much your hair has grown! and also long hair in general in here!

I have pretty much fallen off the growth train, as I really don't take the time to care for my hair growth. I just realized that other things are my focus in life right now. Maybe I'll focus in a few years or so. I did an unofficial length check last week (when was the last time I did one of those?!) and I'm at MBL. That's pretty much the spot my hair hangs at when I don't do anything with it, which is an improvement from my pre-BHM days when my hair hung out around APL.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and take care!
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by naynay455 naynay455 wrote:

@ luv yea the PM ran me about $20 and it wasn't even the biggest bottle.but then again thats also the same price i pay for my fav/staple twisting/moisturizing cream so if its worth it i never mind spending it....

i told u about that ors mayo its the truth. im gonna have to pick up another jar i ran out last wash day. and friday is coming soon. time for a new style soon.

Nay, I was over at CVS today trying to find the Nexxus Brush that was raved about in the Pressing section (no luck-may try another tomorrow) and I checked out the price for the Pm. It was 21 bucks. If I do try this serum, I'mma have to sneak it in bc Hubby tripped when e saw the price tag of the Mixed Chicks(19.99). He calmed his tail down when I informed him that a co-worker gifted it to me when she realized it did nothing for her. I've heard really good things about the serum, but I do bristle a little at the price. Only bc 2-3 of my products would equal up to that price. But, if it works, I would be willing to shell out the dough.

I think I told yall that Hubby picked me up some Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Binding Straightening Lotion. I wanna try this first before purchasing the PM since its here. I don't believe this is some 'miracle' product. Plus, I'm not wholeheartedly using the prodct for its intended use either. I'm still researching this product, but I think I may give it a twirl this weekend, since I may use some heat. I have Cleo plaited in 8 plaits right now. So, I may flatiron/ blow dry and maybe do a plaitout on 'straight hair'. I'll let yall know how that turns out- if I do the do.

Oh yeah, that ORS MAYO gave Miss Cleo life last week! It has cemented the return to the traditional dc for us! I think every 2 weeks will suffice. I most definitely gotta up my M&S'ing @ night and plaiting Cleo up. My only thing with that is not falling into the 'Plaitout Trap'. Plaitouts are not the greatest style for Cleo (currently) bc she needs a trim and plaitouts lead to helluva tangly ends. But, that's mostly on damp or wet hair. I'm trying to incoprorate more dry to lightly damp styled hair to the Winter Reggie. So, this weekend will be my first real time at testing my theory of M&S'ing, plaiting Cleo nightly, and applying heat and styling her dry. Hopefully, I'll have less tangled ends.

Edited by luvmybiga$$fro - Nov 23 2012 at 9:31pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by mskraizy mskraizy wrote:

Oooh lots and lots of updates!! Loving all the pics up in here everyone's hair is sooo GORGEOUS!!!

I, on the other hand, have gotten a lot busier but I've stuck to my haircare routine (thank goodness!). I deep condition, shampoo, and detangle weekly. I've gone back to suave professionals shampoo. That creme of nature was good and all, but it really doesn't clean my hair. I'd be done set my scalp on fire from rubbing it so much trying to clean it. It just doesn't CLEAN it (or maybe my scalp just produces vicious dirt ) but I've given up on that. Right now, I'm in a set of twists. Every couple of days or so, I mist with water, coat in leave in, and seal and massage my scalp with oil. Despite the coooold weather down here, Nelly is always so doggone SOFT! I keep the twists in a bun all the time so my ends are never visible. And can I also say that my ends are looking GORGEOUS!!!? I'm still gonna trim the front but the back and sides are showing absolutely no frays! I'm gonna continue to trim the front though, because I'm so over the "mutated" look of my hair in the front. I think it makes my hair look longer than it actually is and I'm not cool with that! That was all, hope you ladies are still doing awesome!!!

And Luv I see you!! Glad the ORS worked for you! And I'm sorry for your stylist's loss. Hope she's doing okay.

Oooooh, K! Sounds like Nelly is in Moisture Protection Heaven!! Well, I'm glad to hear you and Nelly are doing so well, espcecially those ends! Thanks for the luv to my stylistHeart
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by nikietc nikietc wrote:

aww, it's so cool to pop in and see some of the vets and how much your hair has grown! and also long hair in general in here!

I have pretty much fallen off the growth train, as I really don't take the time to care for my hair growth. I just realized that other things are my focus in life right now. Maybe I'll focus in a few years or so. I did an unofficial length check last week (when was the last time I did one of those?!) and I'm at MBL. That's pretty much the spot my hair hangs at when I don't do anything with it, which is an improvement from my pre-BHM days when my hair hung out around APL.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and take care!

Hey Nikietc!! So glad you dopped by, Hun!!! Congrats on MBL! I have to agree that when you focus on other things in your life- most times your hair still grows and often times surprises you at how much it has grown too! GL with you HHJ!!!!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 9:24pm
Hey Ladies! I straightened my hair! Lawd, I'se tired! Its MUCH straighter this time around. I made sure my Cleo was fully detangled this time. I also used the blowdryer and comb attachment. I wish yall could have seen my "all thumbs" blowdry and FI'ing! Laughable learning curve!

I used the Nexxus Split End Binder and IC Glossing Serum before applying heat. The Nexxus product left a residue on my fingertips, initially, but has since evaporated. My hair aint bone straight, but straighter than I have ever gotten. I'm going to roll all of Cleo on satin and sponge rollers and see what happens. I did run out and threw her into a bun! LOL!
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Hey Ladies! I straightened my hair! Lawd, I'se tired! Its MUCH straighter this time around. I made sure my Cleo was fully detangled this time. I also used the blowdryer and comb attachment. I wish yall could have seen my "all thumbs" blowdry and FI'ing! Laughable learning curve!

I used the Nexxus Split End Binder and IC Glossing Serum before applying heat. The Nexxus product left a residue on my fingertips, initially, but has since evaporated. My hair aint bone straight, but straighter than I have ever gotten. I'm going to roll all of Cleo on satin and sponge rollers and see what happens. I did run out and threw her into a bun! LOL!

Now i know u plan on taking pictures miss lady!!!!!!!!!!!
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 2:12pm
I got me some jumbo flexi rods!!!! Eeeee! Been wanting these things for about a year and a half now. I only got three packs (and I probably need like 5...only 2 more if these three ain't enough), and I got the ors lock and twist gel since I've heard good things when used with the flexi rods. Imma test it out and see how it works.....*gulp.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by mskraizy mskraizy wrote:

I got me some jumbo flexi rods!!!! Eeeee! Been wanting these things for about a year and a half now. I only got three packs (and I probably need like 5...only 2 more if these three ain't enough), and I got the ors lock and twist gel since I've heard good things when used with the flexi rods. Imma test it out and see how it works.....*gulp.

OOooh, K! I hope it turns out well! If it does post a pic. I like experimenting from time to time. I have a ton of styles that I have saved on my phone that I say that one day I'll try. But, I have to be hit by inspiration or boredom to attempt something outside of my lazy normLOL.

I'm happy to say that with Cleo being straight I have been experimenting! I've been experimenting with straighening tools and techniques(blow dryer and attachment, flatiron, electric pressing comb(this weekend) curling techniques (pin curls to be specific- it was a mini fail, but I'm going to try again bc I think I know what I should have done), products(serums, grease), and styles(loose and messy buns, side buns, plaits(maybe next week). I've been taking pics along the way. Once its time for wash day, I'll round them up and post. I've been having FUN with CleoTongue
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 64>
  Share Topic