Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 63>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lia200805 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lia200805 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 9:11am
Hey all, just stepping in to say hi (because I haven't been to the site for nearly two years).

I'm in awe at the progress I've seen in this thread... I'm just gonna be in and out of threads until I can figure out wher everyone is and how they're doing.

X
Sponsored Links

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Lia200805 Lia200805 wrote:

Hey all, just stepping in to say hi (because I haven't been to the site for nearly two years).

I'm in awe at the progress I've seen in this thread... I'm just gonna be in and out of threads until I can figure out wher everyone is and how they're doing.

X

WELCOME BACK LIA.... POST ANY TIME.!!!!!!
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 2:59pm
HEY LIA!!!! Lia was preggo and in the 2010 Bun Challenge with me! She had beautiful updos! How r u and the fam an of course- ya hair?!!

He Ladies! How's everybody? Well, Cleo has been getting luv this week . The plaitout on banded hair resulted in very strecthed and defined curls! My Latina Amiga and My Lil Sis co-worker gave her compliments. I had to thank my Latina friend again fot the ORS samples and headwrap. The headwrap really helped keep my hair flat when I did the plaitout.

On Election Day, I recycled the plaitout bc I slept on it unprotected into an updo. Then made a headwrap out of the scarf. That was cute and easy. Gotta get more scarves!

End of the week has been bun mode. I have a ballerina bun. My co-worker's daughter came to see her. The daughter's is a 1 yr colored natural. We talk hair when she comes by. She called me her 'shero' and she wants her hair to be like mine when she grows up! Awwwwwwww

My Hubby and I were watching tv in bed. Chillaxing. He moves my head to the other side bc my bun is too big. I think I have haironrexia bc this bun was not big to me.
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 10:27pm
LIA! I remember you! You had big gorgeous hair! Welcome back! Now errrmmmm......no pitchas? (lawd, I'm gettin like Swift! )

@Luv, thanks for understanding! And the trimming bug is getting to me again. I just wanna cut cut CUT! And cut some more, it's terrible ya'll! Currently, Nelly had a good wash day, another good deep conditioning day and currently in some chunky braids for a braidout that I'm gonna probably pin up tomorrow for work. After that, I may put in some twists or something and start back protective styling.

I just feel like I've been at this BSL range for soooo long I just wanna see some new length. Now my ends are getting to me and I'm getting so scissor happy, I may not ever see waist length! Or my drastic goal of classic length! But you're right, at least when i do get there, Nelly will be at her healthiest state and that's what I'm aiming for!

Just wish it didn't take so long!

And I may not be doing the wet bun thing anymore. It's cool and everything, but detangling it is a little more problematic than detangling an old braidout/twistout. It's just easier for me. I do love the wet bun thing but I think until I learn how to control my aggression issues toward Nelly, I should refrain from doing too many shrinkage styles. I've been doing them all summer, perhaps it's time I give my hair a break! lol I just say that because lately, I've been hearing my hair snap a bit more due to my manhandling it and that's not good for either of us. So back to my twists again. This is my hair confession and I'm sorry Nelly.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 9:10pm
play nice now nelly and ms kraizy...

ok so i finally got to make some flaxseed gel and i tried it out for the first time last night while doing my new flat twists updo.(i would post a pic but i dont want ya ladies to start getting tired of my every 2 week flat twists style). any ways i like the flaxseed gel it didnt leave a residue and it dried to a soft crisp. i'll let ya'll know how the take down goes hoping is goes smooth. but my hair is loving these biweekly DC sessions.
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 10:52pm
K, don't you give in to that 'cutting bug'! Sounds like a ps is in order! Hide Nelly NOW! LOL Just don't want you to do something drastic and regret it.

I had the detangling issue with the wet bunning too.But, I can have it with dry too. What I have found to cut down on the tangling issue is to plait the hair and then form the bun. I noticed that if I wet bun by just making the bun like I would if I used a dougnut can cause Cleo to become more tangled, especially if I don't take her down mid week and detangle and let her breathe. But, if its not working- it ain't working, ya know. I'm gonna go back to plaiting my hair and then bunning and see how that goes for awhile.

Nay, you had BETTA POST pics!!! Heck no do we get tired of looking at those BEAUTIFUL BRAIDED/TWISTED CREATIONS OF YOURS!! I VICARIOUSLY LIVE THROUGH YOUR HAIR DESIGNS!!!

Ladies, I have a couple of tweaks that I need to do to the reggie. I'm kindaof perturbed with Ms. Cleo and want to make changes NOW but I think that I just need to 1. Continue my research of the products and techniques I want to implement 2. Hold off purchasing of products and implementation of products and techniques until after my trim so I can assess Cleo with fresh ends and  go from there.
Ladies, do any of you have experience with SERUMS? Awhile back, my stylist suggested using a serum to combat the SSK's, but I was(and am somewhat clueless) to serums. I've read some good things bout Paul Mitchell's Skinny Line.

I know the majority of us posting are natural, but I would LUV for some of our RELAXED, TEXLAXED, HEAT TRAINED, DYED long haired ladies have to offer! DING DONG, LUV'S CALLINGWink
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 9:37pm
@Luv...i actually just bought the PM super skinny serum, actually for the same reason tired of the ssk's also cause i want to see if i can get my straight hair last longer when i go on vaca.. but i like it it doesn't leave a film a little goes a long way and it made my blow dry straighter and a lot less poofy.

And since u insist

bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 8:37pm
naynay that is beautiful!  i wish i could do styles like that but i can barely make a straight part!
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

K, don't you give in to that 'cutting bug'! Sounds like a ps is in order! Hide Nelly NOW! LOL Just don't want you to do something drastic and regret it.

I had the detangling issue with the wet bunning too.But, I can have it with dry too. What I have found to cut down on the tangling issue is to plait the hair and then form the bun. I noticed that if I wet bun by just making the bun like I would if I used a dougnut can cause Cleo to become more tangled, especially if I don't take her down mid week and detangle and let her breathe. But, if its not working- it ain't working, ya know. I'm gonna go back to plaiting my hair and then bunning and see how that goes for awhile.

Nay, you had BETTA POST pics!!! Heck no do we get tired of looking at those BEAUTIFUL BRAIDED/TWISTED CREATIONS OF YOURS!! I VICARIOUSLY LIVE THROUGH YOUR HAIR DESIGNS!!!

Ladies, I have a couple of tweaks that I need to do to the reggie. I'm kindaof perturbed with Ms. Cleo and want to make changes NOW but I think that I just need to 1. Continue my research of the products and techniques I want to implement 2. Hold off purchasing of products and implementation of products and techniques until after my trim so I can assess Cleo with fresh ends and  go from there.
Ladies, do any of you have experience with SERUMS? Awhile back, my stylist suggested using a serum to combat the SSK's, but I was(and am somewhat clueless) to serums. I've read some good things bout Paul Mitchell's Skinny Line.

I know the majority of us posting are natural, but I would LUV for some of our RELAXED, TEXLAXED, HEAT TRAINED, DYED long haired ladies have to offer! DING DONG, LUV'S CALLINGWink

hey chica.  I never really got into using serums.  I am texlaxed but transitioning, my hair is WL.  What are the benefits of using a serum?  Maybe I will try one on MaryJ.  :D
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 9:04pm
Nay-
That is sooo cute!!  You have such great styles girl!

Lia-
Welcome back!  Feel free to jump right back in as if you'd never left :)

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 63>
  Share Topic