Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 64>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tanzi2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanzi2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2012 at 11:43pm
Luv and K, y'all got me ready to go out and get some ORS deep conditioner. I'm in Wisconsin and this colder weather is reeking havoc on my hair. This is my first fall wearing my natural hair because I had been wearing my hair weaves up. I have to figure out a fall/winter regi. My hair has been so dry, and I feel like I need a different moisturizer or something. I'm apl right now, but I'm afraid my hair will start to break off due to the dryness.
Sponsored Links

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 9:34pm
@ luv and kraizy.... i too loveeeeee me some ors mayo it is def my staple deep condish my protein/moisture balance stays in check because of this. but i mix my ors mayo with my ors replenishing conditioner and some wheat germ oil. everytime its like my hair has never been better...hmmm love love love that mixture and just when i thought it couldnt get any better i bought a humidifier.. my hair is strong moisturized and soft for days until my next wash day. please i wouldnt be surprised if im grazing HL next dec.

@luv yea sandy was a mess i was out of power for 2.5 days. lights just came back on this evening had to check bhm first thing. :)

@tanzi girl u better get on it
Tanzi2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tanzi2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 10:35pm
Nay and Luv, I'm glad all is well with you.

Last night I went o work on my hair. I pulled out my Elasta QP Leave In moisture sealing conditioner spray, my whipped Shea butter, and my vatika oil. I took my time and twisted my hair in neat twist by applying all of my stuff in each section. My husband fell asleep waiting for me lol. This morning when I untwisted my hair, I was in love! I think I may have found my staples for the winter. I've gotta take some pics.

Edited by Tanzi2001 - Oct 31 2012 at 10:37pm
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2012 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Tanzi2001 Tanzi2001 wrote:

Nay and Luv, I'm glad all is well with you.

Last night I went o work on my hair. I pulled out my Elasta QP Leave In moisture sealing conditioner spray, my whipped Shea butter, and my vatika oil. I took my time and twisted my hair in neat twist by applying all of my stuff in each section. My husband fell asleep waiting for me lol. This morning when I untwisted my hair, I was in love! I think I may have found my staples for the winter. I've gotta take some pics.

u better take some pics cant wait to see!!!!!
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 2:46pm
K, Nay, and Tan: Thank yall for the honest reviews! I mean I really, really liked the ORS products. I'm sure that once I get the full sized product, I'll fall completly in love! Have any of you ladies used it as a leave-in? Maybe not daily, but every three days or so? I really think that with the addition of these products and the fact that I'm going to be using heat this cold season will help keep Cleo health and hopefully keep the SSK's at bay.

Tan- Ty for the good vibes during Sandy! You most definitely need to post some pics of the do!

I told yall I was going to rock my berets for the short work week. Well, it must have been a premonition. I told yall I prepped my hair for a plaitout. Well, yesterday when I woke up, it was still moist. After work, she was still moist. But, the Hubby requested I release the do. So, I did bc he rarely asks me to let my Celies out or to take off a scarf, so I obligied. Well, Cleo is shruken in th e back and losser in the front. BERETS FTW!!!!!
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 3:11pm
@luv never used it as a leave-in it is rather heavy. maybe mixed in with water n spray bottle perhaps, if u try it let me know how u like it i still dont have a daily leave-in staple.

Edited by naynay455 - Nov 01 2012 at 3:11pm
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 6:15pm
Hey ladies! *waves*

Tanzi-
You better get on that moisture girl!! Maybe you can rock the twists during the week and rock a twistout for the weekend.  That'll help protect your strands from the cold and keep it low manipulation.  And I'm waiting on the pix as well.

Luv-
That's hilarious and sweet that he made a request. LoL 

I'm totally enjoying being hair lazy. I wll put these extensions up into an updo to try get another week out of them.
Tanzi2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanzi2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 9:34pm
Here are the links to a few pics:

http://public.fotki.com/tanzi2001/my-wl-hair-journey/52-250333840.html

http://public.fotki.com/tanzi2001/my-wl-hair-journey/33-250367744.html

http://public.fotki.com/tanzi2001/my-wl-hair-journey/45-250383648.html

mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 10:18pm
Tanzi, your hair looks so soft and fluffy! Just wanna reach out and touch it! Beautiful hair, and your straight hair pics were gorgeous too!

@Luv, I've definitely used the ORS deep conditioner to set a medium set of damp twists and my hair was so plush and soft with regular water spritzes daily. I think I used olive oil to seal it in too. Maybe I should give that a go again? I'm glad you like it though! It's the best conditioner that ever rolled into my life.

So the wash'n go finally ended today. I got a good five day stretch out of it and could've went longer had I opted to put it in a puff or frohawk or something. What WASN'T a smart idea was deep conditioning on an old wash'n go. I don't know what in the seven seas made me think that was a "good" idea but I was tired and not feeling up to co-washing it all out and just slathered on the conditioner after misting it with water, covered it with my plastic caps and went onto sleep. That next morning, when I went in to detangle (yet mistake number 2) I was greeted heavily with little white "boogers" all over my sleep shirt. [;(> And the funny thing is I truly thought I was gonna get away with getting it cleaned in one wash.

Took me nine shampoos, two conditioner washes, and a forty five minute oil treatment until Nelly was replenished again. After co-washing out the oil treatment, I slathered on my leave in and put her back into those seven chunky twists, wrapped her up in my bonnet, and she has not spoken to me since. Well, at least the shampoo was sulfate free. =/ I was gonna put her into twists but perhaps I'll save that for tomorrow. But the horrible thing is, throughout those shampoos I could hear my hair snapping, and I wasn't trying to but I was so frustrated with the little boogers not coming out, I guess I got a little aggressive. =( I feel like such a bad mommy and I may need to dust by the end of the year. I don't think I'm gonna make it to MBL this year. Or early next year like I planned. Between me being scissor happy and boogie-aggressive, Nelly's wash day today was quite uncalled for. Better luck next Friday I suppose....

But here's my day 5 (my favorite day) wash'n go. A big, disrespectful fro! Loved it!

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 8:33pm
Nay: Thanks for the heads up. I think it may do well as a leave in for me bc Cleo tends to respond really well with creamy, heavy condishes. I think the density of my hair requires those properties in products. I tend to have to use ALOT of product if the consistency is thin. When its creamier and/or heavier, my hair is moisturized without the necessity of using a TON of product until my next wash day. I also don't have to re-M & S as much either. But, I'll use it for its dc'ing purposes for awhile before venturing into the daily leave-in realm.

Tan: Luved purusing ya pics! ITA with K about your fluffy factor! I was like: 'Aww, it's so fluffy!' It looks really healthy and on the grow!

K: Thanks for letting me know that the ORS has yet another possible use for Cleo. I like products that have multi purposes! But, like I told Nay, I will use it for its intended purpose for awhile and see how Cleo likes it and then experiment with its other uses.

Awww, sorry for the 'hair boogers'! I've experienced them a few times as a result of pure laziness too. I had mad build up and it took me a few clarifying shampoos and an overnight dc to get her right. So, yeah, I know what you went through. But, that pic is the bizness! Luv the BIGNESS!!!

I know its disappointing that the goal you set for yourself may not be reached when you expect it; but at least you can STILL work on getting to the goal, but at a different time and HEALTHIER! Girl, MY plan was to have been MBL LAST YEAR. Obviously, I didn't make it. I was soooo disappointedSleepy. But, my hair had different plans. I had a little pity party, but quickly begin re-assessing my hair and my reggie. I also decided that although I want to be WL like now, I want to get there with minimal issues and for the most part healthy hair.

Lately, though, she been keeping me on my toes and tweaking the Fall/Winter reggie to minimize/reduce these SSK's that are on the ends of my hair, which have been drying out faster lately. I know that my trim next month is going to help TREMENDOUSLY, which makes me even more at peace with the realization that I maybe grazing MBL or a lil shorter after my trim.

Although, I don't wear my hair straight often and see no need for a neat hemline, I hate how my ends feel and how they lookDead. They need to go! I started noticing the freaking uptick in SSK's in the Summer, I figured that during that time it was because I needed a trim and not moisture or protein related. Now, with the weather being colder and my ends drying up faster, I know that the SSK's are causing my ends to dry out faster, look horrible, and have multiple SSK's on a strand of hairOuch . I AIN'T NEVAH HAD THE SSK'S FROM HADES BEFORE AND I DON'T LIKE THEM! So, I had to re-asses the reggie for the colder months.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 64>
  Share Topic