BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 4:38pm
I'm thinking I may straighten this weekend. I actually feel the desire to do so. So, I'm currently baggying. I used Redken Extreme Anti-Snap on my ends and mid shaft. I finger combed and then added One 'n Only Argan Oil Styling Cream on the entire length and bunned both sections before baggying. I'll leave this on a few hours and let it airdry in two plaits overnight so it'll be easier to blowdry semi straight hair. I need to get a comb attachment or 2. So, I'll get one later.

Cleo's been doing well. I think going back to washing and dc'ing every two weeks, M&S'ING more often, and really focusing on my ends are doing well by the ends. Since I'm a long term non trimmer and having WL hair, its critical I for me to focus on not only my ends but midway up the hair shaft too. These parts of my hair have been drier than usual this cold Winter season.

Since, there also the oldest part of my hair, I have to make sure that 1. They are strong. I'm currently using Redken Extreme Anti- Snap Leave- In Txt on those areas. Cleo feels strong and coated and protected and 2. They have enough moisture. I'm currently using The One 'N Only Argan Oil Styling Cream down the entire length of the hair. Then, I bun each section and baggy. I full head baggy on Fridays, but I moisturize and heavily seal every 2days. So, I'm hoping that these tweaks to my Reggie help keep my Cleo strong, moisturized , low SSK's, and little to no tangles while she retains length.
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 6:16am
GM, Ladies! Well, I straightened Cleo last Wed. In preperation for the man child's outdoor nature reserve overnight trip( never again). Since it was so cold, I rocked her in two Milk Maid plaits with a beret and hood.

My straightening Reggie this time was tweaked bc I couldn't find my dryer. So, I ended up flat ironing only. I had stretched Cleo prior via plaits and just brushed her out. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to do so. The only con was that my ends prefer the blow dryer. I had to use several passes and lots of heat to get them really straight. So, I decided to just oil and cross wrap Cleo instead of the addt'l heat and passes. She eventually flattened more on the ends.

Once we returned from the field trip, I did retouch bc I was a sweating Momma/Chaperone helping kids with sleeping bags and Luggage! So, my girl started reverting some. I'm keeping up with M&S'ing. So was shedding heavily for about two weeks, so I'm using Redken Anti Snap( specifically for my ends) and One n Only Argan Oil's Daily Styling Cream for moisture. I'm really pleased with the Redken's Interlock Protein Network line, specifically whilst straight. It's the perfect amount of protein for Cleo and I can use the products daily if needed without fear of protein overload.

I'm luving BioSilk's Silk Therapy for sealing. It's thick in consistency, but Cleo drinks it up. The increased shedding, specifically my ends, alerted me that I needed to add more protein to the ends. So, I make sure to treat those ends aggressively with a light to med protein every 3 days. I'm also really digging Biolage Exquiste Oil and Redken's All Soft Argan Oil. They both smell amazing and the shine is blinging! I'm basically having a luv affair with oils and serums right now.

Cleo looks healthy and pretty, but she looks 'short' to me. I'm WL ( not full) and she doesn't look it and the weight doesn't always feel right, if that makes sense. She's heavy, but I thought it would feel heavier. Then, my ponytails. I Luv a good ol swanging pony! My pony is not giving me life. It's not hanging right. Thus, the swang factor is effected! I ain't frying my Cleo to a crisp for the swang though! Nope. Imma work on my pony and when I get her to swang, I'll post a pic (even though she'll look short- le sigh ). Happy Monday!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2014 at 2:10pm
Hey Hunnies! Happy Spring( although around here it doesn't feel like it yet) to you all. Well, today is the Hubby's bday and we're going out later to celebrate. I told him that he has to let me style him, so I bought him a rather 'grown and sexy' outfit. I let him see it yesterday and he seems to like it! So, I'm thinking bout my outfit now.
Ms. Cleo is still straight, but in need of a serious retouch . Hope all is well and Happy Friday!
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2014 at 12:43pm
Hi LUV!  I'm glad to see you're still posting and that Cleo is doing well. Hug

Man, If my hair were a child, I would tell it to go outside, bring me a switch, and give it a good old fashion gramma wuppin.  It's still fairly thick and it normally retains moisture pretty well I got a little breakage in a few areas.  Also, this past fall, I noticed that I would see much more hair in my brushed when washing and styling.  I'm slowly gaining length but not nearly the way I would like and I think manipulation is the problem.  I've been using Shea Moisture products and regularly deep conditioning my hair.  This past winter I did put in extension Senegalese twists but since the new year I've mainly had in mini-twists with my own hair.  I have retained the length grown since wearing mini twists so I think I'll stick with them for the time being.

So basically, I have to dc every time I wash my hair and I have to avoid as much manipulation as possible.  If I don't get past full bsl this year I'm going to feel some type of way.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2014 at 5:50am
Hey Mangachan(Cleo and Luv waving oh so excitedly)! It's so good to 'see' you! You know how much I Luv ya thick beautiful hair. Sorry to hear about your breakage. Is it minor?Got enough protein? I've been having a similar issue whilst straight, but it's heavy shedding. I really think this loopy weather is the culprit.
I'm glad you have a remedy though with the twists and believe you will make BSL this year😃

It's been rainy and wet around here. Hey, I'll take it over snow(had my fill). So, the moisture in the air has gotten to the straight Cleo, specifically the inside(which currently feels like a sheep's behind). But, she hasn't poofed, so she still looks presentable. But, don't put your fingers in the scalp area- sheep's behind! Lol!
So, she's getting touched up later today. Imma use this Chi Thermal stuff. Will report back.
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2014 at 1:19pm
Luv, yeah, the weather isn't helping at.all.  Adding protein dc's does seem to help, especially hard protein treatments like Aphogee 2 min reconstructor.  It's odd though because my hair doesn't feel abnormally dry, nor is it really over conditioned.  I've had gummy hair before and thank goodness that's not happening now.  I did just get out of a stressful job so maybe that was part of it too.  Like I said, it could be a case of over manipulation and things have seemed a little better the past couple of weeks so hopefully this is under control now.  The breakage I was having was fairly minor **sigh of relief.** Thanks for the support.Hug

How long do you plan on keeping your hair straight?  Your breakage isn't affecting you length is it?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 6:34pm
Manga, I'm glad ya outta that stressful job. Sure could be a culprit too. I'm glad it's getting better.
I may have to increase my protein usage for a lil while to combat the shedding. My growth seems to be cool. I may go back to my vitamins too. I tend to keep Cleo straight for a month, wash, wear curly and straighten again.
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 9:58am
Hey ladies!Smile

Sorry I've been MIA. 

I'm still growing but I'm no longer natural.  On 4/1, after MANY months of deliberation, I decided to texlax with Motions.  I'm hoping to be able to WNG more easily this spring/summer and then maintain it straightened during the fall/winter months.  I had PS'd so long to grow it and then when I started wearing it out more, I was discouraged by the lack of progress.  In the end, I want long hair.  I'm sure I'll see my fro again someday though :)  I'm loving that wash and styling time is reduced and I don't sweat at my scalp as much.

My current length is my bottom ribbone.  My next goal is hipbone/HL. 

This is my last length check from December 2013, when I was still natural.  This was a braidout on flat ironed hair:

HHG, ladies!Big smile
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 10:08am
Hey Manga and Luv!! Hug
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 5:25am
Happy Monday All! Cleo and I are hanging in. We're still straight, but in need of a touch up /wash. But, I'm lazy and contemplating braids. But, have no clue about what style with extensions since its been many moons since I've had some. Cleo and I got some stuff we working through. We'll get it together.
So funny how I'm going through these hair challenges, but others see fire! Lol!

@Swifty: hey Lady!! Luving ya texlaxed locks! You have grown so beautifully!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263>