Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 64>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 2:34pm
Happy Thursday, Hunnies! Oh, how I Luv baggying! Cleo came out soft, moisturized and shiny! My ends really looked good too. That protein cocktail really helped those ends too. Cleo also stopped shedding once I got all the shed hair out. I tend to shed alot more rocking plaitouts bc of the shrinkage and curls tangling upon themselves. Now, Cleo is back in the Mega Bun all moisturized and stuff.

Well, this month is my 10th Nappiversay! I have no clue what I'm going to do to celebrate. I usually straighten, but I'm not even in the mood for that. I'm thinking if coloring it. I wanted to do so last year, but just didn't. I just don't know as of yet. Oh, I was also thinking about doing A Look Back Over 10 Years of Luv and Cleo in pics. I started looking in my Photobucket account for pics of Cleo in the beginning. So, that's something I'm working on. So, we'll see😃
Sponsored Links

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 9:15pm
Hey ladies,
I was pretty annoyed that my message was gone last time, lol.

Anyway, I am back.

I am still on the same moisturizing routine and it's been working for me during this cold period. I am so glad I stocked up on the deionized water, a quick shower head treatment (not too wet of course) and conditioner does help if I am in a hurry and the spraybottle(it's a small one) doesn't get the job done quick enough, but knowing the way hard water can be, I prefer to stick with the deionized water or at least carbon filtered water, unless there's a pressing reason that I can't get it.

Anyway... I've been enjoying having my hair out a lot.

The weather's been doing what it does, hasn't been freezing and there was even a reasonable temperature recently. But it has also been raining this week, so I've been visiting frizz city now and then, but not as bad as it used to be, far from it.

@Luv-Duv 10 years natural, you go girl! Do you have an idea of which color you will be going for? I am really yearning to go back to black, but I can not be bothered doing it myself, it's just such a messy job basically, but I don't really trust anyone else in my hair either except for my mom to an extent,lol.

Anyway, glad that your protein treatment went well.

By the way, you know what I noticed recently? Waaaayyy less single stranded knots, so I guess my moisturizing routine is working for me, having more curls clump and therefor less individual strands curling into each other I suppose, well whatever the reason may be, I am embracing the moment and hope it will stay this way.

Oh and yay for the mega bun, hope it came out like that awesome mega bun you posted before.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 4:48pm
Happy Saturday! Whew ! I'm a lil beat. I've been on Momma Duty. The man child had a bday movie/party to attend. So, I was wearing my chauffeur cap today. Well, not really bc I was rockin Cleo in a bun. LOL! It wasn't the mega one, but still a nice sized one. He had a great time which is all that matters.

Yesterday at work, we were talking hair. I now have three coworkers that are natural! My lil sis is currently rockin a wig that her stylist made for her. She's using it as a ps. Plus, she missed having straight hair, but she didn't want to use heat in her own hair. My other sis/coworker is the newest of the bunch. She has a cute honey blond curly fro. She had asked me about products to keep her hair moisturized and curly. I told her about the juice: jehri curl juice or gels. She was surprised I suggested that. I LOL'ed and told her its not like back in the day . I think she was concerned about dripping! Lol!

Well, I had my big bun going, but she was a lil insubordinate. So, I'm in my office trying to get her together when my coworker screams: "I just Luv ya hair!!! I wanna play in it so bad!" Yeah, she's been feening for a minute to get on my hair. But, heck to the naw. She's ok, but I don't really care for her, so I'm not about to let her 'play' in my head. But, the newest natural asked me how long my hair is. So, I told her and she just had her mouth open. Lol! My lil sis was like she couldn't handle that much hair. I told them both that it really isn't that difficult bc of my shrinkage and I work in sections.

I honestly can say that having WL hair is actually easier to handle than when I had SL or APL. Probably bc I did wayyy more stuff at those lengths. My Reggie was simple then too, but now it's REALLY simple. I'm too lazy and style challenged to be trying fifty million things. So I'm very basic, but I like it and it works! Lol!

Ritle Skittle, I bet you were po'ed when BHM ate ya post! That sucks! You may need to go to the web address: f2blackhairmedia.com instead of the regular site. Occasionally my post get eaten but not like before.
Yeah, this weather is really something! I have had more weather related hair issues this year than I have ever had on this hhj. One minute it's freezing. Then, it's snow. Then, it's rain. Now, they are calling for 60's(like it was today). So, yeah, Ritle Skittle, I feel you on the weather and hair. I'm glad you had backups of your water!

Glad to hear that you're having wayyyyy less SSK's! That's awesome! I most definitely think your moisturizing mojo us doing it. I think that when we take the time to actually slow down and allow the product to penetrate the strand it works out much better. I know I was guilty of rushing through moisturization especially when I was rocking a puff. But, now I really take the time(which isn't really long) to do it and I see that Cleo responds well to it.

Ritle Skittle, how often do you moisturize? I only ask bc I'm wondering if one moisturizes 2xs a day vs 1x a day could that play a part in keeping SSK's at a minimum. I usually moisturize 1x a day unless she feels like she needs it. You know I'm always looking for ways to keep those nasties away. I really like that I haven't had that many to deal with whilst wearing her in a stretched state. I noticed that when I wash Cleo I don't see or feel them like I used to.

Ritle Skittle, I'm still luving the purple/black color! I have pics of women with the color that I'm feening for. I don't want a permanent color though. But, I know how rinses do in Ms. Cleo. I even asked the Hubby his thoughts on what I should do for the 10 yr. mark. He agreed that I should dye it. Of course, he said red. I had to remind him that I work in a business casual atmosphere. He said not Ronald mc Donald red. So we'll see.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2014 at 8:02am
Hey All! In these parts, we're snowed in! I got kicked out my bed by my boys, so I'm up.
Cleo and I have been rockin the ol faithful ballerina bun. It's been hectic at work and the man child learning his multiplication tables that I have been skipping nightly moisturization for my zzzz's. I will treat Cleo to some baggying today.

I was musing over in Random Growth thoughts about thinking I may be in maintenance mode. I'm still on the fence bc I have (for the most part) been hair lazy and basic. But, now as I move on to HL it's more so. Not really interested in length checks (monthly), new products/styles. Just basics and bunning. Ho hum.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 6:27pm
I think tomorrow will be a DC kindaof evening. I notice with heartless, stretched hair she becomes drier faster and more often. So, gotta DC more. But, I kindaof miss my puff. So, next week will be puff luv.
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 8:51am
Luv, so um...have you decided on hair color? (I LOVE color, especially reds)
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 11:21am
Red henna is the healthiest option Luv. It is actually GOOD for the hair. (But mix the powder with a lot of oil and conditioner)
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 1:11pm
Hey ladies! Happy Saturday!
NJoy: I really haven't really decided. Still throwing it around. I'm in a funk. I do a need a change though. I also don't want anything that's high maintenance bc I'm not. I did consider a red. But, my hair is rather dark. I can't have anything too bold due to work. I was speaking to a pretty and nice Sister yesterday and she had a coppery red/orange highlights. I liked it especially bc she was dark skinned like me, but I'm a lil darker than she. She rocked it well!
Lady: I Luv the results of henna, but it's too much for me. Too much. I am not going to commit to the mixing and mess of it. Lol! But, I always marvel at others results.z
So, my 10 yr mark is around my man child's bday next week and I really am not in the celebratory mood for my Nappiversay. But, this too shall pass.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2014 at 1:18pm
Oh, I forgot! Yesterday am as I was getting ready for work, I looked at Cleo. She was stretched mostly, but the perimeter was curling. Once I showered, I got out the shower and misted her with water and shook her out. It was sooo funny how fast my curls just popped! So, I rocked her in a puff. In a few, imma start my overnight DC and go visit the family. Enjoy ya Saturday!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 2:46pm
Hey Peeps! I'm having a lazy day. Last month- shoot- this week- has been happily, roller coaster-like, blessedly busy. Lol! Man child turned 10! OMGEEE! Applied for a job I've had my eye for some time now. So very hopeful! So, I haven't had a chance to really celebrate Cleo turning 10. But, I have been taking care if her better.

Since I noticed that she was drier than usual, I've decided that I will cowash and DC every two weeks until the weather really turns warmer. So, in a few, I'll get it going.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 64>
  Share Topic