Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 3:22pm
You look absolutely fabulous Luv Duv!!!!
Love the entire look.

Making me want to bun right now!!!!

Well ladies, as for me, I'm going to wash my hair tomorrow and give my hair some moisture love. I might go for a twist out or something. I'll probably sit under the dryer for it this time around. If all goes as planned that is. I might end up doing something else. Awe well.
Sponsored Links

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 8:39am
Ty, Ritle-Skittle for your kind compliment. It's so funny how a few weeks ago, I was in mourning over Cleo's dryness that I was straight hiding her and dressing wayyy down bc IMO when the hair ain't right, the outfit ain't either. Lol! Even the Hubby noticed my dryness, unhappiness and dress down. He said: Awww, you and Cleo not talkin, huh? Yes, my Hubby also calls her by name😄. So, with her behaving again, I'm pleased as punch!

I'll prolly take her down and moisturize her. We'll see if she cooperates for rebunning or throwing her into plaits for the plaitout. Enjoy this great day, everyone!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 8:13am
Hey All! We have a snow day!! So, Cleo and I are still in bun mode, which has been going fantabulous!

I'm bunning on heat-less stretched hair. It's just like dealing with Cleo in a blown out state. I really like the movability and flexibility of stretched hair. I've also noticed that my hair responds better or I just see and feel the moisturization effects faster and easier. Maybe bc I can access the scalp easier and since the strands are 'straighter', I notice the effects faster vs when I'm curly/kinky. Just thinking aloud.
Cleo had just really been behaving well-really well.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 7:24pm
Hey ladies,

Hope all is well.

@Luv-Duv I was going through the same thing for a bit, so today I just really saturated my hair with water, waited for my hair to absorb it and took my time to work the conditioner in properly and afterwards added some coconut oil.

So my hair is back on track a bit again.

I might go for a braid out by sitting under the hairdryer with braids now my hair isn't too thirsty. If I can be bothered that is, just to have another option of dealing with stretched hair without exposing my hair to direct heat.

Glad Cleo is back on track as well. I know how obnoxious it can be when hair becomes less predictable and less presentable hence not as photograph-able. And you're of course welcome with the compliment.

And aww at your hubby's observations regarding your hair and your mood. It's sweet that he calls your hair Cleo as well.

Also it's great that you're having fun with buns, especially the freedom with stretched hair. As for the moisture getting there quicker, I can imagine that stretched hair has many perks where that is concerned. Last time I straightened my hair as my hair slowly began to revert due to humidity I noticed that it was very low maintenance due to the hair not tangling much in itself and also the fact that it was straighter did indeed help with sealing in moisture better without needing as much product as I do when curly/kinky.

I really have been missing my hair's true length while loose, so I will give indirect heat a try for that for at least a few days probably.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 12:38pm
Hey Everyone! Happy Saturday! Today is gonna be a lazy day. So, I'm going to tlc on Cleo. She's been giving me life this week. I finally achieved a big bun I could rock outside! It's just SO BIG! Luv it!

Ritle-Skittle: ur mane girl looks so lush and juicy! Luv it!
Letting the product really penetrate the strands really did ya hair justice!
Curly vs straight/stretched hair has its moisturization pros and cons. I think having ones hair straight or stretched appears to be easier (for me) is bc I don't and can't use as much product to moisturize Cleo and receive and see the desired effect. If I want the same effect curly, I have to use more product.

So, right now I'm on a heartless, stretched styles train. I think next week will be a plaitout week. Enjoy y'all day!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:18pm
Hey Hunnies! Just dropping in to say that Cleo is behaving so nicely in this plaitout. I have been exhausted after work and going to bed w/o a scarf. But, I'm awaking with no frizz which is awesometastic! I do moisturize in the am and go. So, we're playing nice thus far. Here she is on Monday and yesterday:

Edited by luvmybiga$$fro - Jan 29 2014 at 12:48pm
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 4:58am
Ughhh message gone... I'll be back.

But have to say:

LOVE the giant bun Luv-Duv and the plait out.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 10:01am
Happy Sunday, Everybody! I'm sitting here with Cleo in two stretched ponytails. I brushed her out this Friday after work. I achieved a 5 day plaitout without having to replait and falling asleep w/o my scarf for 3 nights! She held up really well. So, I'm thinking the yearly experiment of buns and plaitouts may be good for us.

I'm still having crown issues, but I know it's more moisture needed. So, I'll do that in a few. I also need to give my ends a shot of protein. So, I have a protein infused product that I'll use and seal with some oil or grease. This week will definitely be a bun week since my ends have been exposed for most of the week.

Thanks, Ritle Skittle for the luv! Everybody enjoy Superbowl Sunday! Be safe!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 9:22am
Good morning, People! I'm off today and tomorrow, so I'm going to do some tlc'ing of Cleo. Since, I brushed out the plaitout, she's been heckuva dry feeling and looking (somewhat). I've moisturized and sealed, but she's still not totally herself. I think she needs a hot oil txt and some baggying luv. So, that's what she'll get tonight.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 10:06am
Current situation: enjoying my day off while still baggying Cleo.she feels like some good conditioning is going on! So, I'll prolly airdry in plaits around late afternoon-early evening , brush and bun her. Shout out to the Hubby for adding a cute shower cap to the mix too!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061>