BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:55pm
*****Warning excessive musing approaching!Approach on desktop or laptop, major mobile scrolling needed lol****

Hey Luv-duv, been a bit busy so Happy New year back at you :-D.
Glad your coughing went down, hope it's over now.

Well where to begin?

Bunning is effortless, but the aftermath is just... I guess I need to fully gel my hair and then bun instead of the sliding and adding gel to smooth, because goodness gracious my last wash was not really to my satisfaction.

Very early this morning I washed my hair and this time I really took my time and detangled per section once it was conditioning time and made sure to braid it once I was done going through it with a wide toothed comb and did the same for the other few sections.
Then I just waited a bit and allowed the conditioner to penetrate.
After that I undid each braid and went through it once again with the wide toothed comb and then followed up with a fine toothed rat tail comb and added a bit more conditioner and then would braid the section up again.

I allowed the braids to air dry a bit while doing my things around the house and getting things ready before having to head out.
After a while I unraveled the braids to allow my hair to dry better.
Once the hair was partially dry I spritzed water in some areas to dampen it a bit and added some more conditioner to lock in the moisture.

As wearing my hair out for New Years eve was not an option, it was quite a breath of fresh air to not see a bun style staring back at me in the mirror and also getting back the first impression I had from the conditioners, my hair's been having a few down moments for a bit and I feel like this extra TLC helped it get back on track.

This was after what turned out to be quite a busy day and hand in hair action (lol):

So my plan now is to spritz and braid my hair in two for the night to stretch it a bit for tomorrow.

I believe my hair has grown some, it seems to curl some more, though it seems to shrink to the same length.

Must say I am curious to see how much my hair will stretch with the two braids.

Anyway I am enjoying day one of gel free time. (Had to resort to gel looks because my hair was acting up after last wash, I underestimated the TLC it needed after gel use. Some gels are suitable for whatever, but with the one I've unfortunately stocked up on, smoothing is not the way, I need to moisturize with it in order for it not to mess up my hair.)

By the way, brace yourself because I am going to address the posts I didn't have an opportunity to address earlier.

As for the frizzy halo you mentioned, I remember rocking headbands, mainly in my early natural days, the thick black kind. I need to get me one of those once again, the one I am referring to is suitable for any occasion and being black it blended with quite a lot, especially with my hair being dark.

And yea fully moisturizing is indeed so important for buns. My problem was that I used something else to moisturize and the gel to style, which I guess isn't too bad. I guess that when it's distributed through out the strands, it just coats individual strands or clumped hair, but when used to smooth back it will coat more than a small section which causes hair to stick together and once taken down and refreshed and put up again the next day, hair entangles around hair and then the hair is washed loose and unlike the way it would behave with the conditioner it decides to act up and tangle again.Awe well..just a theory I guess.

As for people wanting to squeeze your bun just when you weren't feeling the look as much. I have noticed dry buns are nice and big and fluffy. The smooth dry combo is one of my favorite looks, but also high maintenance for the aftermath where moisture levels are concerned.

What you mention about the tender crown thing hits home right now, I thought it was a too tight bun thing or not holding my hair firm enough while detangling during the previous wash day.

As for moisturizing I have a resolution for myself that no matter what, I will take the time to do so. Perhaps I just have to change the order of things, so that I can manage my time better. And also I just have to really make the time on the wash day, as that is crucial for how my hair will respond during the rest of the week.

I guess I just have to keep in mind that my hair is like a moderately needy plant, it doesn't need moisture every day, once it's gotten that good stuff all it will need is a refreshing, but I do have to give it that good stuff properly or I'll just be keeping up appearances.

Though I yearn to wear my hair in a straighter style, I guess I will use indirect heat for that, just so my hair can catch itself for a bit.

And of course not without a proper deep condition.

I'm just so excited to be out of buns for a bit... till I see a picture of a beautiful bun and it starts to itch again that is.

Have seen pictures of gorgeous updos but I haven't gotten around to any for now.(Geez what else is new...)

Sponsored Links

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 1:03pm
Ok so I am finally sitting with a dc in my hair in I don't Know how long, essence was straight ready to divorce me she had never felt so bad before. While striving to get closer to God in 2013 I have really neglected her. I did retain some length but not much. Sorry I never posted the faux locs look but I never did finished it I was to busy the middle was never done I just rocked buns and played it off for almost 2 months!!!
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 2:50pm
Hey Ladies, Cleo is going through some stuff that I need to figure out.

It started with me washing her last weekend. That went well, but the product that I used to prep her for stretching her out ended drying her out(which it hadn't done previously). So, she's been shocked into a state of dryness. Plus, these really cold temps haven't been suitable for going out with damp or wet hair, so I couldn't wash during the week(which she needs).

Straightening her right now is waaaayy on the back burner til I get her moisture and shine back. So, I'll be tlc'ing her for a minute and no heat for awhile. So, I have no pics of how she did in 2013. Unofficial on stretched curly hair : WL , but I prefer to give my update on heat straightened hair bc I have way less shrinkage on heat straightened hair. At this point, I'm not feeling straightening my hair as I have other hair care issues I need to fix. I'm thinking 2014 is going to be a year of plaitouts( which served me well(like my beloved buns)last yr. Right now feeling blah yet hopeful about Cleo.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 6:01pm
Ok, since I have my gameplan down and am deeeep moisturizing still, I can respond to RS and Nay(hey!!)

RS, ya hair looked so curly and springy! I understand why ya hands were all in that hair of yours! Luv it!
In regards to ya bun and gel, I'm assuming you had tons of tangles you had to deal with. Well, I know from my experience , I did. When, I was on my latest luv affair with stretched buns, I stopped using gel all together and used promenade,which only really worked when I used it strictly to lay my edges and mixed with water. If I didn't mix with water- fuzzy halo. I would scarf and release before entering work.

Oh and the tender crown issue also had two other reasons behind it. One,was the not enough moisture specifically when I moisturized either at night or the am. Two, was when I plaited my hair to brush it out for the stretched bun, I neglected to add more moisture to my scalp/center of my hair b4 scarfing. Once I brushed it out in the am, I didn't add enough moisture to the center in fear that the moisture would cause my hair to start to revert (as my texture is looser). It didnt revert when added.
I hope ya hair is doing well!

Hey Nay! I feel you on your faith walk! 2013 was indeed a Closer Walk for He and I too. I hope Essence gets back in healthy order quick, fast, and in a hurry!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 6:03pm
My 2014 Mission is to rock plaitouts for most of the year and see if I get similar growth and retention as I do with buns. I came to this mission bc last yr, I threw them in and I noticed alot of cool things:

1. It's EASY for me to do! I can't braid nor really care to learn. Umm...please know, I never asked about the Black Girls,You Gotta Know How To Braid To Be Black class. Miss that with me! So, I plait, which works just awesome!

2. When using the proper products and desired amount of plaits, I have grrrreat results! I don't loose a ton of hair- just normal amount of SHED hairs. Sometimes, it's so minimal- I'm shocked. For real! I also have EASY detangling, moisturizing/remoisturizing and plaiting/ re-plaiting sessions. So much so, that if I wanted, I could re- plait every night. But, I don't bc it's not needed and it's too much manipulation.

3. Cleo gets better and better the LESS I do to her. Oil/ moisturize as needed . Scarf at night . Replant if needed. Wear it up. Wear it down. Wear it half up and half down (like I'm doing now). Easy.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 10:37pm
Hey Ladies,

Hey Nay welcome back, hope your hair will thrive. Your "neglect" was for a good cause, the best cause there could be.

Hey Luv-duv, thanks and yes, got to love scarves where the edges are concerned, my texture is tighter in the front, especially the roots, so the parts that are shorter will create a fuzz while the longer hairs blend in with the rest and the scarf most def. does a good job at laying them to rest for a style. I think I will need to get me some let's jam or something in that nature or moisturize with the gel and lotion.

About not being able to braid... the only thing I can do are the loose braids which you call plaits (my fam. calls them that as well by the way.), so I TO-tally understand and I agree with the plaits being an easy way to maintain hair, it also helps so well with allowing moisture to penetrate better overnight. I only do two for that, but I might "upgrade" to three or maybe even four, lol.

As for my hair, I had slept with it in two braids a few times but I was so tired yesterday I just put it in a side ponytail and called it a night. I only lightly spritzed some in the morning so eventually humidity(rain(though I did have an umbrella on me)) was getting the best of it and my hair was in frizz city.
It doesn't look too bad, but it's just not the way I want it. I fell asleep way too early, so I am up way too early and I think I might take this opportunity to water the plant that is my hair, lol.

I really have to dedicate a bit more love to my hair, but I was so busy re-organizing in my home and running errands in my spare time that I did not get around to scheduling in some more time for my hair.

So all in all it is not doing too bad, but it could do better.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 5:29am
RS, your hair is looking good even with your busy schedule! KUTGW!
I gotta get myself together for the field trip today. Maybe I'll get to take some pics with my group. Everyone have a grrrreat day!!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 6:43pm
Aww thanks for the encouragement Luv Duv!
Hope you had fun on the field trip.
Nothing to report regarding my hair for now. Guess I will add some moisture and braid my hair in tow for the night.
Take care ladies.
blondehaircolours View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote blondehaircolours Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 5:20am
I will also be start a goal :D currently is medium :( my bf love long :D
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 8:18am
Hey Everybody! Getting ready to head out to do some errands. I'm rocking a cute juicy bun. I brushed out and moisturized the plaitout I rocked most of the week in Thursday night and here she was in Friday:

@blonde: happy hair growing to ya! Do this for you and no one else bc it's your hair.

@Ritle Skittle: I really had a nice and informative time on the field trip! A well needed reprieve from the work grind!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960 63>