BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

Peeking in...
Beautiful hair ladies!

YaYa!!! No, you didn't just peek in and goooo!! What's up with that?! I can only keep tabs of you by lurking LHCF!! No fair! U not play fair(pouting). Come talk hair.

RS, get out my head! I was thinking of posting the accessories. I'll take a pic or two. I'm glad you found some lovely pieces. I was looking at my hair candy last weekend saying: 'I need to rock these more'. So, in an effort to do so, I put some decorative pins in my puff. Wasn't all that enthused, but rocked them. I think it was the fact that it was a high puff and the pins almost made it look kiddie/too formal. Also,, I rocked a white bow barrette in the middle of a high puff. Cute, but same issues. I prolly should have kept the looks for a casual weekend. Idk.

Ritle, your dc session with yogurt sounds good! I'll be back- watching Mandela on TV One
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 7:11am
Mandela's Specials on TV One was awesome! His legacy is everlasting!

Ritle, your bun and several other ladies I have seen rocking buns are making me antsy to rock Cleo in one. But, it's been awhile since I've worn one curly or stretched. I've worn more straight, but maybe this weekend , I'll play around with her, especially since its raining now and there calling for rain/snow/sleet mix this weekend.

Oh, here's a pic of the accessories I was mentioning earlier:

Have a Great Friday and talk to y'all later.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 10:09am
@Luv-Duv Looove the accessories!

WOW! Your bracelets match my earrings even better than my own bracelets!

And love the pearl comb and the black comb accessory.

As for your rocking accessories effort, that's the thing with me as well when it comes to rocking mine, some accessories are just a tad "too much" sometimes.
Sometimes I wish I could be a kid/teen again so I could rock certain looks at any given time and this goes for styles too.

Especially with everything I know today it's just so unfortunate that some styles just don't feel appropriate anymore. Awe well... I guess I just have to practice some more regarding my flat twisting skills to look flawless or at least not look lousy( ) so that I can at least be more versatile ,if anything.

I can imagine that the Mandela tribute was impressive, as was he.

Since the weather is going to suck this weekend, I will probably plan some pampering time for hair, skin and nails. I do have other things that need to be done though, so hopefully I will not skip on that DC. I did leave in conditioner for a bit longer on some occasions, so I can't say I didn't DC but I think perhaps a heat infused saran wrap DC will be better to give my hair that extra love.

As for feeling in the mood for buns, I can imagine, I also got into the mood for buns after seeing some pictures again. Plus the fact that my new earrings would look much better with my hair up and also the fact that I was yearning for some different pics lol.

Hope to see pictures of the buns!

Have a great weekend ladies!

I might be back later on with whatever hair related thing comes to mind.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 7:01am
GM, Peeps! I'm perusing some pics(as usual) of hair, specifically buns to help inspire me. Most are saved to my phone. So, I noticed that I haven't posted any pics of Cleo out and curly since I've been doing the straight thing. Well, here are a few pics of Cleo a few days after the washout of the monthly press:

I hope Cleo plays nice in a few. I'm really in a ps kindaof mode...I think. Lol!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 10:15am
It's been a while that I've seen your hair in all its glory.
Nice pics Luv-Duv, Cleo's looking gorgeous.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 4:35pm
Hey All! I had to run out this am, so I didn't get to bun Cleo. As I was perusing, bun pics, I saw one that appear to have been done on either straightened or stretched hair. I think what I will do is lightly mist Cleo, plait her up and brush her out tomorrow and bun.
Here's the pic that us giving me life:

Ritle Skittle, Cleo and I thank you! My coworker/ Big Sis wants me to rock Cleo out similar to those pics, but it would be too distracting at work. Plus, I'm in a PS kindaof mode. So, Cleo may be about that bun life for a minute.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 4:33pm
Ah yes I love those type of buns, if I am not mistaken with the way it's executed, I used to do them back when I curlpermed, I'd wrap my hair left out from my ponytail around itself till there wasn't any left and then secure it, it would come out different every time I did it, unfortunately, never that big, I love big buns.

It might have been straightened a bit more, but also might have been the way the texture now is, since she(formerly "Domin" on BHM) used/uses heat to keep her hair permanently stretched, so I think you might have the right idea going to stretch your hair the most comfortable way(sleeping wise lol).I am curious to see how it turns out. I just love buns.

I have absolutely no idea as yet how I am going to wear my hair this week.
I do have a High tea coming up on Tuesday, so I am thinking about what to wear and how I will wear my hair. I think I might go for my pearl hair accessory with my other pearl accessories.

You know ...I really love pictures, because at least when you've rocked your hair at its best there's evidence LOL. Yet at the same time, it's not always possible to recreate a certain look because my hair is so unpredictable that even if I'd measure the exact amount of moisturizer(s) and sealant(s), I'd have to prepare my hair for bed in the exact same way and unravel the exact same way to get the same result. Hair is indeed an adventure these days.

It's funny how I thought it was going to be predictable as long as I used the right products...how little did I know back then.

Yes, it can be predictable in the way that it will look remotely the same at the end of the day as it did at the beginning of the day, but other than that, it's a gamble when it comes to actually styling hair.

Anyway I am just here brainstorming and rambling on. lol.

Looking forward to see the bun Luv-Duv.

Feel free to share your stuff ladies!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 6:46pm
RS: is that Domin in that pic? I didn't think so. I was randomly looking on the net and this pic came up. I thought her pics were watermarked? Domin, sorry for reposting this pic w/o ya permission. I can't poof it bc BHM won't allow me to edit a post. Beautiful bun!

I've done a bun like this in the past on stretched hair. I had my hair In a bun for awhile and when I brushed Cleo out she was as straight as if I had blow dry her. Last night, I put Cleo in about 14 plaits. I misted each section of hair with water, sprayed each section with Mane n Tail Detangler, combed each section with my wide toothed comb, plaited, added some Argan oil to the length of the plait and rolled the ends. Lastly, I scarfed them. They were dry rather quickly. Today, I just took the scarf off and curlers out and oiled my hair. I will re-oil and scarf tonight. I may get a snow day tomorrow bc we had that messy weather today and its gonna be frozen in the am.

Ritle, you are so right about pics being a help. But, I have never been able to replicate a style to the t based off a pic. Never. Like you said, so many variables play a factor.

Ooh, a high tea!! Luv teas! So fancy, feminine and classy! Pearls sound very appropriate for that event, Ritle-Skittle!! Hope you post a pic!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 8:42pm
@Luv-Duv Yes I believe it is, I think it's the same pic she posted in a TTT thread about hair on BHM some time ago.
At least you had good intentions.

Great that you've done such a bun before, so that at least you're not a stranger to it. Loved reading about your preparation process. Hope you can get the bun the way you have in mind. And of course a documented image of said bun.

High teas are lovely events indeed, I will most definitely play dress up for it. I will try to take pictures before I leave the house.
I will just have to decide which pearl set will look the best and also which outfit will look the best with it. Which make up, especially the eyes, since I haven't really worn eye shadow in a while. Any bold look was either by the eyeliner or bold lip color. Not that I will go for a bold look for the eyes but I'm just in the mood for eye shadow I guess.
But I digress,so back to hair, I am considering a bun(surprise surprise?lol... but wait!!!...), a doughnut bun perhaps..., probably on top, though a low bun might be cute as well...hmmmm.....
I haven't worn a doughnut bun in quite some time so I might go for that. I will have to see how to use the pearl comb accessory though, without it sticking out in an awkward way. I am thinking about a way to make it look different though... different and yet fancy, the bun that is, not the pearl comb,lol.

And about replicating hair in pictures of yourself, I have noticed that there are pictures that I absolutely love and really want to replicate but can't seem to. And in a way it's a good thing that for instance none of my side buns ever really look the same, but then, the perfectly round looking side bun remains a challenge at times, to name an example, whether sleek or puffed. And where some styles have their effortless moments, on other days they take more effort which sucks when you are expecting to get it done within a certain amount of time and end up wearing your hair differently than intended, resulting into returning to the "old faithful" lol. I guess I will have to start finding other solutions to my.... owwwwwwwhhhhh

I just had a flash of a roll and tuck style where I could use my pearl comb without it sticking up too funny.Hmm...it's been a while since I've done a roll and tuck style.

Awe well...still time left to brain storm I guess.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 9:07am
Hey All! Well, we have another SNOW DAY!

So, yesterday night, I oiled the plaits down, released, finger detangled, and brushed Cleo out. I found a light gel in my stash and applied to the perimeter. I gathered the rest of Cleo into a ponytail. I spritzed the out hair with a mixture of oils and th Marc Anthony Dry Oil. Massaged all the oils in. Added some oil to the perimeter, and brushed. Twisted to form bun and secured with a rubber band. Placed about four bobby pins to keep secure and scarfed.
I have a big bun! But, I may need to add 1-2 bobby pins on one side. Once, I correct, I'll post a pic.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 63>
  Share Topic