Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 61>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 12:35am
Luv-Duv: I absolutely love, love LOOOOOVE the updates!!!
That hairclip/hairpin is gorgeous by the way, it really adds to the classy look you've got going. Looking fabulous!

And the flexirod look once again turned out fab, did you use the jumbo kind or just thicker sections of hair? I have flexi rods as well, might give broader patches of hair a try on my flexi rods and see if it can

And I love the picture of you and your "natchal sis", her flexirod look turned out great.

Nice that you've found an oil spray that doesn't "mess up" what you've got going for you. But now that I think about it, I remember IC having an oil sheen spray that I used to use for it's fragrance, which I've never used on straight hair though, but your oil spray story just reminded me of that, so it might be a good alternative if I want to add an oil to my hair for a straight updo, instead of rubbing it on and for a different fragrance for my hair since I'm pretty sure they still sell that oil sheen spray.

And aww thanks for the horn-tootin' compliment and positive perspective on my hair/styling rut. That is a good "excuse" for me to hold on to while contemplating the best way to reorganize my accessories.
And indeed with the things that are coming up I will most def. have some dress up occasions in between there.

I'm glad that your hip/leg is doing a bit better. Hope you'll feel better soon!

As for me,
I had my hair in a pineapple for bed for a change and then figured I'd cover my hair a bit more in the back to protect it since I was sleeping on cotton and wanted to protect shorter hairs in between from rubbing up against the pillow in my sleep, especially while reading a reminder about the effects friction can have on hair, so instead of tightening the scarf like a hair elastic to pineapple I ended up with one of those head wrap looks which looked pretty cute if I say so myself. So once I wear that style out I most def. will take a picture.

And taking a look at Napptural85's picture of her hair in shrunken state reminded me that I probably will have to wear my hair in stretched styles to enjoy length once my hair is as long.

My hair is still a bit of a mystery to me though, despite the fact that I am unraveling the puzzle bit by bit. But then again, I should not be surprised, it grows from MY scalp.
Sponsored Links

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 9:30pm
Ritle-Skittle, thank you for the luv!! I have flexirods of different sizes. I need to get more though. I did use somewhat bigger sections in the back. But, I think they came out so bouncy that time around was the dry styling oil and the fact that I left them in for three days. Instead of just taking an oil and rubbing it in my hands and then distribute throughout Cleo, I took the dry oil and added it to each section then rolled. So, that technique and leaving the curlers in gave me tighter, bouncier curls.

That hair barrette is one of my faves! But, it was buried in my accessory box for a minute. I remember trying to wear it whilst Cleo was curly and all it did was get tangled in her or it wouldn't snap close! So, when I decided to do the bun with the swept over bang, that accessory popped into my mind. Perfect fit!

Can't wait to share with my 'natchal sis' ur luv for her do!! I had asked her if it was cool to post her pic and she was sooo excited! She's soo cute bc she'll tell me to get on the board and ask 'my ladies' about this or that. She may even say: So, what do the ladies say about this product? She is just so fun and sweet!

I think you'll have a good experience with the IC spray. I may have to pick some of it up bc I need a cheaper version of the Marc Anthony oil. It's almost 9 bucks. It's 120ml/4.05 fluid ounces. But, I use it twice daily and I use several sprays. So, it's almost gone. But, I reallllly like it, so I may have to see if I can find it somewhere other than Ulta for cheaper.

RS, I know how creative you are. So, this rut is indeed temporary. I'm glad I gave you a good 'excuse' to run with. Lol! Can I offer up a suggestion regarding organizing accessories? I know I tend to rock the same ones. So, when I last organized them. I put ones that I usually don't wear to the forefront which caused me to think about a style that would flatter the accessory. Weird bc one would usually do the style and pick an accessory to compliment or jazz up the style. But, hey it worked for me. No harm, no foul if u try and it doesn't. Just a suggestion.

If and when you do the head wrap look, please post a pic! I totally feel u on ya assessment about long hair and stretched styles. I was thinking the same thing. My hair just shrinks so much that I would most definitely have to use heat or stretched styles to show length.

Thanks again for the luv and get better wishes😀! My pain med is kicking in, so imma go! Night night!

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 7:07pm
Hey Luv-Duv,

Ah different sizes flexirods and bigger sections, got it.

I also have some cute barrettes around, but I have to time those right. They are classy and yet playful, but don't exactly go with everything.
And yes yes thousand times yes about curls getting caught up in there, I have to style the barrettes cautiously.

Glad my IC spray comment gave you a lightbulb reminder moment, unless you already had your eye on it and I just happened to mention it. lol... anything is possible.

So I purchased a cute hair accessory today. I was looking for hair accessories for my friend because jewelry was a pain in the butt as I wasn't sure if a bracelet would fit around her wrist and then I also have to make sure the jewelry is nickel free, rings were not an option as I don't know her sizes, plus she doesn't really wear rings anyway and it couldn't be anything too flashy. So I figured I'd go for hair accessories and then I figured I'd pick a few things up for myself. So I ended up buying a decorative comb for my hair because I didn't really trust any of the other hair accessories for my hair and the ones I did trust did not come in the colors I wanted.I forgot to purchase a black doughnut for my hair at the other store, as they only had the blonde and a bit too light for my hair brunette at this store and I didn't want to take any chances, lol.

Anyway so you can see the decorative comb on the picture.
It caught my eye as I have a jewelry set with the pearl look, so it will blend right in, plus it's a nice statement piece on it's own.
I will have to find a way to get it to lay down in my hair a bit though, I don't like the way it looks sticking out lol.

I was checking to see if I could find a good substitute for my velvetty black hair rose, but unfortunately they don't make them like they use to.So upset I lost it, it gave my look a little extra without being too flashy and was suitable for many outfits because it was black. I wonder if that's the reason I don't accessorize in my hair as much, because I don't have a good color to go with it. Perhaps I should make myself one and use fabric spray to harden it.

Saw some silk scarves but some were so sensitive I ended up not getting them, plus I wasn't totally sure which clothes they were suitable for, but I have memorized their appearances so perhaps after a good look between my clothes I can decide if it's something I can use or if I will look further, though silly me, I should've picked one up for my pillow..but awe well... at least I know where to get them now. At first I thought they only sold polyester ones and never really had the time to look in between them, but today I had enough time and the store wasn't too crowded so I took my time observing.

As for your "natchal sis", awww that's so sweet, it's nice to have someone to bond with over hair and whatever.

My rut may be temporary but it's been a little too long, but I will bounce back, especially once I get my nose into my stash.

I hope I will leave tomorrow...with a hair accessory, fingers crossed hahahaha. I want to take a picture before I head out for some fun time with friends, but I am not sure what I want to wear as yet and how I will accessorize, so I will be looking in to that tonight since I am up late anyway.

I might take pictures of some accessories though if I get around to it, which might force me to reorganize a bit. Thanks for the pointers, I think you have a point about putting the most likely to the back and less likely a bit more to the fore front.

And yes I will totally have to take a pic of the wrap look because it's just... so different, though I have seen it countless of times before...on other people.

Oh wow...I just remembered that I had some fabric that I was going to use to put together a top or something that I can use for my hair, yayyyy!

I am getting my hair accessory mojo back, woohoo!!!!

And yes, when I think back to when I BCed and my hair was bunnytail friendly and puff-approved and what it would shrink up to, basically appearing to be a curly TWA, I should've known that it would take a while to even get to shoulder length without having to stretch it.
And at times when I consider my setbacks I am thinking it could've been a bit beyond shoulder length unstretched, but now that I really really think about it and considering Napptural85's video realitycheck, basically it feels like I've been deluding myself, lol. But truth be told, I didn't know....I guess time will tell.

Well that is all for now Luv-Duv and other ladies reading.

I guess I might update with some hair accessories pics if I am up to it.

If not, then hopefully I'll have time to capture whatever look I come up with.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 12:36am
I did not have a hair accessory that would look good with this without it seeming a bit too much, but at least my hair wasn't out for a change.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 8:12pm
Happy Turkey Day! After all the festivities are done, I'm thinking of doing an overnight protein txt dc. I'm ready to wash out my monthly press and wear my curly girl, Cleo.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 9:45pm
Lookatchu , Ritle-Skittle! Go head cutie!

Well, I washed out my monthly press today. My scalp has thanked me. I have no idea why my scalp tends to be sore while straight. I rarely - I mean rarely- have tender scalp issues whilst curly. Could be bc I'm not able to water her as much. I had to give Cleo moisture bc she was craving it. I usually do a keratin or protein washday after a press. But, Cleo had been exposed to the wacky November weather, so I gave her what she needed. She's currently plaited up with flexirods for the night.

I have to give my girl big ups! She held up so wonderfully this month, specifically on my bday Tues(never fails it either rains or snows on my bday. It was a rainy/ snow mix! Lol!). She held up through the weather and I was amazed. Although, I rocked a leather newsboy on my bday outing, I just knew she was going to puff up on me. But, she didn't . I just kept her bunned whenever we hit the elements. Hubby luved her too. Fingers stayed in my hair. Scalp massages were abundant. Lol! He gives Curly Cleo preferential txt though! So, I really enjoyed the versatility of the November press. Hope everyone had a blessed, loving and safe Thanksgiving!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 8:41pm
Thanks for the compliment.

Hope you enjoyed your Bday Luv-Duv despite the weather conditions, congrats and happy belated thanksgiving to you as well.

Glad Cleo held her own in that weather. Sorry about your tender scalp issues while wearing your hair straight, hope you can pin point the reason. At least then you will know what you can do to prevent it if anything.

As for your leather newsboy, I bet it looked great. It's been a while since I've worn hats in that style. Glad Cleo didn't puff up, it's a hit and miss with certain hats depending on how it puffs up and of course what you are wearing once it decides to puff up, so I can imagine what went through your mind at the time.

And lucky you with those scalp massages!

Glad you were able to enjoy Cleo's versatility. That's where the fun is at.

As for me, I've been doing what's easy, which is take down, spritz with water for moisture, add a bit of lotion and then adding a little bit of gel around the edges to revisit the sleek look and putting it in a proper ponytail(as I had it up for the night and was rocking a not so proper one lol) or bun depending on what I was in the mood for.
Today I noticed my hair needed a bit more moisture, so I spritzed some more water and then added some conditioner before putting it into a ponytail.

This is the best way to deal with my hair when wearing a sleek ponytail before washing it, because I have noticed that once I go for a sleek look, it is best to stick with styled looks that week prior to washing.

I will wash it this weekend, I only co washed it last week.
And by the way, I have not noticed a very significant difference with my hair, but on the other hand I haven't been wearing it down so on another occasion I might alternate co washing and then using the shampoo bi-weekly and see if I can notice any difference with out styles.

The weather is colder now, so I guess I will have to see what I will be doing with my hair this coming week as I might be wearing my winter hats now.

I will have to wear a satin scarf underneath as my knitted hats(no I did not knit those myself, I wish! Maybe one day,lol) do not have any satin lining going on for them.

So it seems I am going to need to figure out a way to do so without compromising my loose hair look while scarfing it up underneath. What I also would do was make a cap out of an old pantyhose to wear underneath, but that only works if the hat isn't coming off for the day LOL. Basically, I need a way to make the hat an optional thing and not something I HAVE to wear all day in order to not look like a fool once I take it off lol.

Awe well.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 12:29am
Peeking in...
Beautiful hair ladies!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 7:55am
Thanks, Ritle Skittle for the belated bday and Thanksgiving wishes! I enjoyed both immensely!
I meant to tell you that I'm digging ya pearl comb and black earrings! I have a reminiscent pearl comb. I also have a few black bracelets that would go well with ya earrings! Wish you were MUCH closer to share! Lol! I Luv digging in other folk closets and such. Fun!!

Yeah, this weather is ever changing and unpredictable. It's Fall- one of my fav months- but we have days of cold and then Spring like days! So, I'm styling Cleo dependent of the weather. Well, that's partially true. Since washing out my press, I have to feed her protein. So, I've been rocking a puff that I have been moisturizing with Mane n Tail Original Condish and puffing, which helps the ends coil back.

Ritle, I gotta think on some more of what you could do with the hats and loose hair. That's something I will ponder more! Lol!! Gotta do some work, ttyl!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 9:41pm
Thanks Yaya, feel free to chime in on whatever.

@Luv-Duv You're welcome, glad you had fun.
Thanks for the accessory compliment!It was love on first sight. I am yet to wear the pearl comb though, but I most def. will find an occasion to of course, since I have matching accessories, I'd love to see your pearl comb and those black bracelets you speak of, good thing you mentioned that since I do have some black bracelets around that I could've worn but didn't consider while I was wearing my black earrings. It's a group of "Indian" bracelets and some have gold on them, others gold glitter and others are plain, so whenever I am not in the mood for the gold or too much sparkle I can pull out a few plain ones.
Lol, closet digging is fun indeed, I guess that's what makes online pictures, sites, blogs, videos so interesting, it's like digital closet peeking, but with a look can't touch factor to it.

And good thing Cleo's coiling back. Speaking of deep conditioning I do have a bit of Greek Yogurt left, not sure if it will be enough for my hair, but hopefully I will remember to use it this weekend, I do have mayo still (I use yogurt based mayo, so regular mayo is reserved for hair purposes.) and I guess I could spare an egg.

Well... I think winter has knocked on the door here now and it's going to cool down even more during this weekend so I am so not looking forward to that. December sure made its presence known immediately , that's for sure, yuck.

I bet Cleo was looking marvelous in her puffed glory. I just realize I haven't worn an actual puff in a while. I think I will do that some time, just put it (up) in a ponytail and pick, pick, pick.

I remember the days when my hair would have this perfectly round puff when I put it in a ponytail. And now I am missing my jet black hair color that came with the sleek look(s)... I think it's time to visit jet black hair soon again.

This is another bun I was wearing, this time around, though I did moisturize my hair, I did not do as much of the extra work for the top part which gave it room to become bigger, plus I secured the bun differently, which gave more hair the chance to show itself,lol:

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 61>