Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 64>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 10:07pm
Hey Luv, Cleo's looking gorgeous and love the versatility on the pictures!

Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see pics once you go back to the curls.

And lol@ people not being able to recognize you at the office.

Well ladies,
I haven't been doing much to my hair...just the usual, while contemplating far too much. It's like... I plan to do something, especially seeing pictures of nice hairstyles and then for some reason doing the usual to my hair seems to be the most suitable once it's time to get ready and then I end up sticking with the same old.

I do think that since it's getting colder I might have to give my hair a teenie bit more TLC, I've noticed that my ends tend to get a bit dryer now and overall my hair is a bit more dry, which makes sense since the weather is different and I did not really take that in account because quite honestly, I just wanted to. But on the other hand, it does grant me a moment to know what I can and can not do during this season.

Tonight I finally decided to see just how much gel I need now as to before I started going SLS free and needless to say I need much less gel to create a sleek(er) look.

I have made a discovery that I actually can use products with silicone as my shampoo does have a sulfate in there(don't know how I missed it), but just a milder version, so it is SLS(Sodium Laureth/Lauryl Sulfate) free, but just not sulfate free, apparently the cucumber line of the shampoo is fully sulfate free though, so now I am even more curious about it. However, since I might use some styling products with cones now and then I am glad I won't have to necessarily switch back to SLS shampoos to remove the non water soluble cones.

Low maintenance and low frizz do not go hand in hand at all, so I am going to have to invest some more time in my hair, because it's not very consistent. It is my own fault though, it needs some deep conditioning love... it's been needing it for quite some time, but my saran wrap went in to hiding when I needed it and once I found it I didn't have the time to deep condition and have been "avoiding" it for a while, or forgot to leave some Greek yogurt for my hair and figured I'd get it right next time around, only to repeat the same process....

Yes I know...

I have been missing my buns, but my hair is so unpredictable, so at times the bun just feels so small that I decide to just not even think about creating a bun, but then on other moments my hair swells in to this mass of hair that is a force to be reckoned with and refuses to conform to a ponytail, let alone a bun.

I guess my hair is trying to tell me something, which probably is something like "Don't think just eating protein is enough, deep-condition me!", awe well....

By the way I am still trying to get used to shrinkage, my hair likes to hide in itself, but it still refuses to give me a nicer profile or back view. My hair has this awkward mullet in the back and you'd think that while my hair is shrinking that it would at least stay fully true to the bob cut look, but no... my crown never blends in to the back no matter how moisturized it is.

Anyway, I think I am going to go for some sleeker looks for now, which also will darken the color of my hair.
That is an advantage since I am planning on going back to black anyway.

Time for a less playful(read:frizzy) look... at least till the weekend arrives.

Edited by Ritle - Nov 13 2013 at 10:15pm
Sponsored Links

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 9:54am
Hello family, I'm alive. I am in the process of doing loc extentions so when I finish it I will post a pic....
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2013 at 7:23pm
Ritle -Skittle and Nay!! Hey y'all!! I'm glad y'all are good!

RS, we thank you for the luv! I may do some more flexirods this weekend. So, I'll post pics then.
Good to hear that you've pinpointed the sls issue or need for them. Girl, I so understand shrinkage and wanting to try different styles, but end up with ol faithful styles . It's just easier. I know I have to be in the mood to try new stuff with Cleo.

Nay, I expect (yes, expect) pics. I'm feening for ya styles !!!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 7:35am
Yes Nay, I am co-signing with Luv adding that I am expecting before and after pics

.......please?

@Luv-Duv Ooh more pics, I am registering that comment in my mind as a promise that I will hold you to, just because.... well just because.

And yes it is so much easier indeed to stick with (a) staple style(s). I guess in a way I am making a problem out of something that isn't a problem, but really is a pattern I am noticing with myself that I feel I need to break through.I love being versatile but at the same time I also want to take the time I need for other things.

I suppose I need to get even more organized if I want to get everything done or want to feel more inspired to try new hair styles.Perhaps if I can see the accessories, I will feel more inclined to use them.
Basically I have to reorganize my organizing methods. It's one thing to have them sorted and another thing to have easy access in limited time.

I did wear my hair in a low bun today though, which was more to let the product penetrate a bit better because today it demonstrated that it will flake on application if another product was used on the hair the day before, which isn't the curl pudding, since they don't sell that one here and I've ran out of that quite some time ago.
Or maybe I needed to wet my hair some more, I spritzed my hair with water before applying because it said to apply on lightly wet hair, but with the density of my hair, maybe it needed some more water... awe well... I'll give it a go tomorrow or another time around and see what is what then.

Well one thing is for sure, with the upcoming formal gatherings in December I will have the opportunity to really take some time to come up with different looks. And depending on the weather I might be able to get away with a few heat styles as well.

I am quite sure there will be photographic documentation on at least two of them and I would hate to have the same hair style in those two pictures.

I've got a lot of brain storming to do, that is for sure.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 7:51am
Good morning, Hunnies! Nursing a bum hip/ leg right now. Have no clue how I hurt them. Thinking I may have pinched a nerve playing with the boy's action figures on the floor. But, I didn't feel any pain or anything getting up. It wasn't til much later-pain. Took some meds, propped my leg up and heating pad. Hopefully, pain will go away.

Since, pain woke me up early this am, I decided to give Cleo some tlc and put my flexirods in. Ladies, I really have to rave about Marc Anthony's Oil of Morocco Dry Styling Oil.

Initially, I was a lil apprehensive about using it bc it's a spray. So I assumed it had to have water in it, thus causing reversion. But, I was pleasantly surprised that there is none. It's packed with some good oils and smells divine. It touts that its 'ultra-lightweight, hydrates and repairs dry, damaged hair, and adds shine'. It's also 'infused with keratin'.

Well, for my Cleo, it truly does what it says! Even my coworker/ lil natchal sis noticed. She said that my hair looked sooo soft! It felt soft too. Here's a pic. We had a break in our boring training, so we took hair pics- lol

Here's a pic where I had used the dry styling oil. I don't know if you can see the effects well though:

I like this oil a lot bc the shine and moisturizing properties last all day. It's not greasy at all as Cleo drinks it right up. She is incredibly soft to the touch and I feel that the softness is noticeable. I really like how it makes my ends feel too! This colder weather this year has really dried my ends more compared to last year. I tend to use heavier oils or grease during the colder months. But, I'm pleasantly pleased that this oil actually has the same effect as the heavier products I usually use.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2013 at 8:25am
Y'all know I'm long winded... So I had to do another post! Lol!
My natchal lil sis had a huge success with flexi rodding her hair with CON foam( I think) and one of the electric drying cap. I forgot the yt lady who posted a great tutorial for an easy flexi rod set on dry hair. It turned out beautiful! I'll have to ask her if I can post the pic. I'm so happy that she may have found a signature style for her. She's been doing so much experimenting and getting lackluster results which just stressed her out. So, it's good to hear her say that she's going to lay off heat( specifically flat ironing) and give her girl a break.

Ritle, I totally get it! I had (need to do it again) to organize my accessories in order to get myself into doing different styles. It also showed me that I really have some cute pieces and that they really can jazz up my go to styles as well. Ritle-Skittle is known round here for her creative styles and dramatic fashion flair. Yeah, I'm tooting ya horn for ya! So, I know you're probably thinking you're in a rut. But, take this into consideration: You've been trying to get your hair to optimal health which was your focus vs styling. Now, that she's on the road to optimal health, you can switch ya focus. Plus, the holidays are here which usually get the styling juices flowing!

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 10:39am
Here's a pic of my lil sis and I at Staff Training on Friday! Luv her hair!

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 10:54am
Had to take off from work as I have a pinched nerve in my hip. So, I'm stuck on the couch/bed with flexirods I have had in since Saturday . Maybe I'll have some good curls then.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 6:19pm
Decided to see how my flexirods took after having them in for 3 days. Here's what I got:

Cleo is once again flexi rodded up for the night . Night all!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 5:48pm
Hey Ladies! Went back to work today. Not a 100 but... Hey, I can walk with minimal pain. Got my ice pack on as I type. This am I took the flexirods out and curls were lovely. But, my mistake was finger raking them. Cleo was a curly mass of curls! I started to sweat. So, I ended up top knotting her and rocking a head band. Imma take her down and brush her and see what she looks like. If she does something cute, I'll keep it. I may flexirod her again though.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 64>
  Share Topic