Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 64>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 3:46pm
Hey ladies,

Well I've decided to give the pineapple another shot and it wasn't too bad. I do have to watch for the mullet-risk-factor because the nape area will stretch out the most while I sleep, so what I did was,
I spritzed with water and used a drop of condish which solves it a bit.

I did look ridiculous for bed time though because I wanted to somewhat protect my ends, so I covered my hair with the satin scarf which took the shape of a smurf hat with my pineapple hair under there.

It is an easy style to sleep in and because I don't have the moisture problem going on like I did when I first tried it which was somewhere last year, it wasn't too much of a problem taking it down in the morning.

I rolled a scarf into a band so that it would slide over my hair till it reached the top where I secured it. This method is the easiest for me and gives me more room to slacken or secure more where needed than with a elastic hair band.

So I guess this will be my quick fix and if I want to sleep a bit more charmingly I will cover my pillowcase with satin.
Sponsored Links

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 4:59pm
Hey Hunnies! Well, Cleo is back to her normal self in regards to my curls bouncing back. So, the protein shot helped. I wore her in the stacked bun thingee for the first three days. Then, I got tired of how it looked , so I wet her down this am and puffed her and rocked a tam.

Now, I have this mad shrinkage going on(more so than usual). This prolly means that Cleo has indeed grown. The rate of my shrinkage is ridiculous. I have no clue how long this chick would need to be in order to show more length. But, that's the story of my girl. I may just try again to put her in a high bun. She rebelled on Monday, maybe she'll play nice tonight.

RS, I luved your smell good moment in the tunnel!! Soo cute! I'm glad that ur revisited pineapple technique worked out. Glad ya mane is responding so well! KUTGW.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 6:29pm
Ok, I said Cleo, this chick, was back to normal after the protein shot, but she's showing her natural behind! She's doing way too much at one. How is she gone shrink and give me a hammerhead all bc I don't feel like weighing her down with mad gel(still haven't gotten my beloved Eco) and a tight as heck scarfing?! I just ain't been feeling like doing it that way right now. How bout she is also being rebellious to my attempts at high buns?! Making my wrist hurt and doing what she wants!?

Yeah, me and this chick going through right now. We go through every now and again. But, she knows she's in the WHATEVER corner. If she wants to keep trying me, I'm just going to WHATEVER her. She'll get the basics, but she ain't the boss of me. I run this!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 10:06pm
Hey ladies,

Well, the pineapple-method for bed time will be a keeper for me, unless I want to switch up my look or if I moisturize it at night and want it to penetrate over night.
It's so simple because the scarf I roll up will smooth over my hair, so after I quickly roll/fold it to act like a rope, it's just a quick smooth over hair, tighten and secure and I'm done.
Plus it can be a cute style to wear out, so I really need to invest in some more scarves for my hair...more colors that is.

@Luv Duv
Thanks.
Glad your protein shot helped. I might have to look in to some protein love myself, by the way, I was going to deep condition but ended up eating the Greek yogurt, lol.
Sorry that Cleo's acting up, it can be a pain in the butt when you have something in mind and your hair decides to do something different so to speak.
And where shrinkage is concerned I think you might be right about that, it's like the hair decides to just curl some more, while it appears to be the same length or sometimes even shorter, depending on the environment and which product you are using.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 4:36am
Ok, maybe the 4th time is a charm. BHM keeps denying me access. Keeping it short. Cleo is straight. Flexi rodded her. Will try and post pic later. HHG, ladies💓
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 8:00pm

Just wanted to make y'all laugh. Straight hair is a built in costume for me. I guess since I don't wear Cleo straight often folk don't recognize me even when they are looking me dead in the face. One of my neighbors, who usually speaks as he walks to the bus stop and I warm up my car, looked at me quizzically this am. He didn't speak. I got it and burst out laughing😝.

Cleo straight is also bringing out the stalkers/admirers. My workspace is situated where my back is to the door , so I have a ' rear view mirror ' on the CPU so I can see folk entering the suite. Yesterday I noticed the dude from around the corner do a double take trying to check out the 'new girl'. Bwhaaaa!! Too much!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2013 at 6:05pm
Hey Ladies! I gotta few pics to share. Y'all know how inconsistent I am with pics. So, enjoy cause I have no clue when I'll get time to do it again😀

Here's Cleo today:

Here she is earlier in the week. I was all about flexi-rods. I actually used some hairspray for hold:

Here's another flexi- rod look. I did not re-rod, so it was more wavy:

Here she is straight. I just did the roots bc the ends had some hairspray on them and my roots and edges had reverted some:

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 3:02pm
Hey Hunnies! I'm getting ready to M &S Cleo and touch her up with the iron. She's been behaving really well. I did slack with wrapping her up over the three day weekend, but the press has held up really well. No real reversion. I Luv the ease of cross wrapping bc 1. I've always sucked at traditional wrapping and 2. Cleo just too heavy for it. Good M&S'ing plus cross wrapping and scarfing keeps Cleo flat and shiny.
Hope everyone is having a peaceful day!
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 3:18pm
you have such a healthy, luxurious head of hair luv. Congratulations on your crown and glory!!!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 5:21pm
Lady, thank you kindly for the warm comment. Cleo truly is my crowning gloryBig smile

Ladies, I experienced a first today. A client came into the suite to complete an app. I was walking back to my office when she says: "You're natural." I said: "Yes. How did you know(I'm straight right now)?"She said: "You have thick, healthy hair. I'm trying to get where you are." I asked her if I could touch her hair. She had some thick, pretty, soft blown out hair. Looked to be SL. I was Shocked bc I have never had anyone tell that I'm natchal whilst my hair is straight. WowBig smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 64>
  Share Topic