BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 5:15pm
@Luv-Duv Thanks, I am feeling better now. Just got regular cold symptoms now. Still not where I want to be, but hey, better than not being sure anymore if it's a terrible cold or beginning flu.

I still have to rely on hard water while washing my hair, but with the spritzing, bottled water has been my friend (the ones that are low on minerals), but the difference between the bottled water and the deionized water is that if I spray it on and I moisturize and would put my hair in two braids, it will still be wet at the center. So it penetrates my hair more and I guess I retain moisture more with this water. With the bottled water I would feel the water penetrate after a while but wouldn't have that damp in the center thing with the two braids if I spritzed the same amount before moisturizing.

And yea the lipgloss/lipstick thing where hair blowing is concerned is not the most convenient thing indeed. Glad it didn't happen to me with a bright lip... now that would be something, brrr.

Glad your braid out turned out well, sorry she didn't stay the way you wanted her too though.

Hoping to see some pics!

As for today I really noticed my 1st day after wash hair going on.

I have no idea if the pre poo thing was a good idea or not, I didn't notice a significant difference during or after washing. It did feel good before the wash though.

Washed my hair early this morning.

I do know that I am not too fond of the coconut conditioner as a conditioner, it's been alright as a moisturizer but I don't like the feel of it as a conditioner, it has no slip to it, in fact it seems to be the exact opposite, kinda like pulling breaks effect while feeling my hair. I wonder if I'll have the same opinion about the other ones of the same local store brand or if they'll be different due to slightly different ingredients, I guess time will tell.

I had the regular wash day experience. I think I probably will have to braid it in two, at least for the first wash day for the moisture to truly penetrate, I didn't have the time to really tend to it as I needed to, so guess that might be it as well. And of course my hair had to shrink a bit more, as usual. I spritzed it with water and added some conditioner and placed it in a bun after I got home. It's now moisturized but stretched as well and not in a flattering way lol.... awe well.., I'm just going to place it in a side bun for the evening or something and see about it tomorrow.

I guess that what I was wearing required my hair to be a bit bigger. I guess if I was wearing something different it would've made a difference to the way I perceived my hair. I just had a certain idea of how I wanted my hair to be today, but I should've known better, lol.

Hope it works out with your updos Luv-Duv.

Sponsored Links

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 2:32pm
@Ritle-Skittle- glad ur feeling better. Not a hundred , but better! Thanks for the breakdown on the water too! I was a lil taken aback that certain types of water (other than hard water) could have effects on ones hair, specifically how it keeps ya hair wet in the middle. Learn something new every day😀.

Pre-pooing, for me, has different effects and uses. I usually pre- poo if Cleo is tangle city or dry. When she's tangly, the pre-poo helps me detangle. I usually let the pre-poo marinate before taking the wide toothed comb to Cleo. Once the oils have had time to penetrate, the comb slides through without resistance. Now, if she's dry, the pre-poo makes Cleo feel like her old self and I then go about my regular wash day ritual. She is usually detangled and receptive to the products I put in her. I think the key to pre-pooing for me is letting it marinate for awhile before trying to detangle or start my wash.

I told you gals that my press is reverting a bit, so I'm doing some updos. I did a bun using Its a 10 Miracle Texture Fiber as the styling agent and sprayed some Paul Mitchell 24 Hour Holding Spray over it. Turned out well. Here's a pic. Not the best, but here it is:

I'm not really ready to wash her out just yet or have Hubby press her. I'm going to play around with her and see what I can do! Happy Saturday, Ladies😀
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 12:31pm
Thanks Luv-Duv and yes, step by step I'm making improvements.

That's a nice bun for as far as I can see it.
And the front still looks great, which I guess is the important part of a sleek look, so you've pulled that off despite the reversion process you mentioned.

As for the water stuff.
You're welcome.
I guess the fact that the water is demineralized, means I have to spray a bit less of it if I am going to braid it in two for the night since there's nothing standing in the way of the water and my hair when I really think about it.
I did read that there is yet another difference between demineralized water and purified water, though demineralized water does have a purification process, but guess the method is the difference perhaps and I guess that you can drink purified water, which means that there are still some minerals in there I guess. And there is yet another difference between distilled water and purified water. But I guess the most important thing to know in case it doesn't say so on the bottle is that deionized water or demineralized water is not too suitable to drink. Other than that I guess whenever I do have easier access to other types of water I will read up more about it. But for now that's just "interesting to know" information.

I suppose I will substitute pre pooing for an overnight treatment method in between wash days if I feel my hair needs some pampering, because my hair did feel great before washing and if I didn't need to wash my hair I wouldn't have.

While reading up on an article I read that prepooing is also to prevent a certain amount of water getting in to the hair so that the hair won't shrink up as much while being wet, but my hair elongates when wet and with the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and using conditioner as a moisturizer I have had less tangle issues.

As for my hair today, just moisturized it a bit and left it out.
I will probably sleep in two braids tonight to wear it stretched tomorrow morning.

I am truly contemplating wearing my hair stretched most of the time because when it's not stretched it feels like knots are waiting to happen, which they tend to do a bit more than when stretched.

Plus I love seeing a bit more length, seems like a corkscrew effect like drilling, it doesn't seem to go deeper while it is and with my hair, it grows but you can't see that it's growing,lol.
And yes I might be length obsessed (but then again, I'm on the growth forum am I not? :P) I want to see it, lol.

Guess I'm back to the sleeping in two braids method. I figured the side bun was a quicker way to prepare for sleep and to wear my hair unstretched without getting it smushed in my sleep. I guess I'll just braid in two without adding moisture if I want more volume the next day and add moisture if the emphasis is on length.

Or I might saran wrap it overnight for a customized baggy method and see what that will do for stretching.

I really need to do more with my hair, but whenever I get close to doing something different I end up releasing my hair again lol.

Anyway, that's all for now.

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 8:07pm
Hey ladies,

Well I've just moisturized my hair because it was feeling a bit on the dry side and gave my ends some more TLC. I've put my hair in a low bun for a bit before I put it in two braids for the night, but decided perhaps it was better to have it down for a while to allow it to air dry a little before putting it in two braids to hopefully not have damp hair inside the braids when I unravel them tomorrow.

Anyway, my hair needed this love. It will be back on track tomorrow moisture wise.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 6:28pm
Thanks RS for the water breakdown. Very interesting, indeed.
In regards to pre-pooing,I think you will like the pre-pooing. It really can be a timesaver and very beneficial to the hair.  I remember reading the same thing too. As Cleo has gotten longer, she elongates while wet too.
I have also been leaning more towards stretched styles too bc it really does cut down on the tangles. I tend to let Cleo shrink when I'm really tired or busy. But, keeping her stretched has really helped with keeping the tangles and ssk's at bay.

Well, Hunnies, Cleo is itching for a cowash and Luv is kindaof over straight hair. Its prolly due to the facts that:

1.  I got the urge to straighten early(did so in September- usually wait until October).
2. Its raining here
3. Scalp just feels gross and somewhat irritated

So, I'm prolly going to tlc her tomorrow after work. I'm looking forward to it. Current situation: Princess Leah buns(that look puny while straight vs my curly Leah buns). Nothing much going on other than I'm ready for Curly Cleo to be back.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 8:19pm
Hey Luv-Duv,

I guess I am yet to see a benefit to pre-pooing for myself. I do get how it can be beneficial, but I haven't experienced it as yet. My hair did feel better than the day before, but since I was going to wash it anyway and my hair wasn't all that tangled I can't say it was beneficial to the wash.

I did not notice any positive difference during the wash or after. I might try it for a while though to see if there really isn't a long term benefit, which is something I won't be able to notice unless I do it more frequently.

Sucks that the weather isn't really cooperative for your straight styles.The weather isn't suitable for me to wear heat induced straight styles either.
Sorry to hear about your scalp issue, hope it will be over soon.

Hope the TLC will give your hair and especially your scalp everything it needs.

As for me ladies,

The TLC I gave my hair moisture wise helped getting it back on track a bit. I guess I slacked on adding moisture on and shortly after the wash day, because I washed it on a day that I had things to do and places to be. I did moisturize it but guess I wasn't particular enough or something.Either way, my hair was a bit thirsty in some areas and called for some love.

I've slept with it in two twists by creating two ponytails and twisting them.I guess I'll do the same when I braid my hair in two next time around, I usually just braid them and only secure the ends, this will probably stretch my hair some more.

Anyway, the twisting does manipulate the way my curls look as well but I can restore that. I did notice however, that it didn't change my pattern as much as the two braids do, so it will require less effort to bring back my curl pattern before heading out.

I might deep condition my hair this weekend. Not sure with what as yet though. I will probably saran wrap it with whatever I'm using to deep condition with and sit under the heat cap.

Other than that nothing further to report for now.

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 9:21am
Ok so just spritzing with water and running my hands through does not fully restore the pattern... but I didn't want to use any additional products, especially with the weather being rainy anyway, my hair was already moisturized so I just left the blended pattern as is, didn't look too bad, so it's all good.

Edited to add: Rain poofed some parts of my hair right up. Time to give my hair a little love for the night and remove my makeup and give my face some love as well before I plant myself on the couch with a blanket for some movie time. That way I can really get comfortable.

Edited by Ritle - Oct 11 2013 at 3:56pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2013 at 7:46am

Well, I finally got around to washing Cleo last night. So freaking refreshing. I'm glad I kept her plaited in a ponytail, so when I gave her some luv , she didn't misbehave. There was absolutely no tangles. I just finger combed. I used AG Argan Oil Shampoo( focusing on my scalp since it was irritated) and AG Protein Light Conditioner(it's a really light protein condish). After I rinsed, I slathered each of my pony buns with One N Only Argan Styling cream(focusing on my ends bc they felt dry). Then, I took either Argan oil/ macadamia oil and sealed. Put on a plastic cap and went to bed. Still marinating now as we speak. I may plait her up for a tight plaitout.

I'm enjoying this Fall weather- even the rain(not the idiocy on the roads), which we needed here. Just luving that I can put on my sweaters, boots and hats! So, I'm thinking a tight curly plaitout with a ram will be my style choice for the work week.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 10:01pm
Cleo feels better than she had been, but something us still off. I decided not to plait her up since my scalp is still somewhat sensitive. Since I had the day off, I caught up on some housework while conditioning with my body heat for awhile. I took the cap off to check Cleo's moisture levels and as usual my ends were dry while the rest of Cleo felt really moisturized. So, I re- moisturized my ends and they feel much better. Almost back to normal.

As I was checking Cleo's moisture level, I noticed that my looser textures were somewhat looser. So, I upped the protein bc the protein I used was very light. The last press we used heckuva heat , so I wasn't freaked out. I just took some Mane n Tail Detangler to the ends. I also used some Revlon Txt Masque( not the entire name, but close. Update later w/ right name ). I'll keep an eye out.

Before, the protein increase, I did the complete opposite of what I usually do after a press: cowashed with a light- more moisturizing - condish instead of a protein cowash. Don't ask me why bc I don't even know( kanye shrug). So, it's either the temp of the heat we used to straighten or it's a small case of overmoisturization.
So, Cleo is Princess Leah bunned up marinating in some protein right now. Instead of a plaitout , I think I'll have a #bunlife week. Hopefully, Cleo will cooperate.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 4:53pm
Well ladies, nothing much to report here.

Oh I do have a fun experience to mention, I was going through the bicycle tunnel on my bike with the wind blowing through my hair and cycled passed some noisy (in a fun way) kids and after I passed them I heard one child say "Whoa, It smells much better in here now" and then another child said "I think it was that lady that just passed us.", lol... awwww, that's what I love about conditioners with a fragrance, those small perks, lol.

Other than that, still haven't been out with my hair up, so nothing really new to report about that either.

Awe well... babysteps.

@Luv Duv Glad the oil treatment did Cleo well. And yes paying more attention to my ends seems to be a frequent requirement for my hair as well.

As for your protein treatment, hope Cleo will bounce back, because if one of your looser texture areas are lumped together in the nape area(like me) it might be a pain in the butt if they're looser.(Mullet alert!(Ugh...I always have to watch for that area hahahaha or tuck them in if they've been stretched.).

Hope all will be fine.
Guess you'll update us on that.

Hope you're having fun with bunned Cleo so far.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 63>
  Share Topic