Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 7:02pm
Ooooooh, Ritlle-Skitle, I hope you get to rock a big bun!!!! I'm glad you saw a hair twin!! Its cool to see someone IRL with your hair texture. I really luv it when you get to talk hair or have a luv fest with one another!
Ladies, I don't know if you have ever experienced this with your natural hair, but I did this week. I've experienced this with relaxed and straightened natural hair, but not with natural hair unless its wet. I was getting Cleo together for work one morning. I wanted to rock an updo puff; but she was rebelling. I wanted her to be perfectly rounded like she usually does; but she wasn't trying to hear it. So, I just shook her out and rocked her out. Ladies, my head felt soooooo heavy! She wasn't drenched with water either. She was damp. So, I was a lil taken aback that she felt heavy.
But, trust, I ain't complaining. This just lets me know that she is growing. I already gotta big head(which equals a big brain-lol), but dang if she didn't feel heavy! LOL!

I plan on washing Cleo tomorrow. Its time. I dikdn't have time today bc I had to do the Momma thing with my boy and now I'm chilling with the fam getting ready to watch the fight. I'll wash her early in the am and let her marinate in some deep conditioning while I do housework. I may do small plaits for a more defined plaitout for the workweek. I eanna rock this pretty lace pink bow my Hubby got me. So, we'll see.
Sponsored Links

NICKTONE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NICKTONE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 1:17am
hi... m new here n like to join that conversation.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 8:10am

^^Feel free to jump in!

Hey Ladies, I finally washed Cleo and she feels good and smells good too. My hair and scalp thanked me. I wasn't listening at alllll! I had used some heavy products last week and I needed to clean her. She was also a lil funky to me. My Hubby(who stays sniffing Cleo) said she smelled fine, but not to me.

Oh, I tried out this cleanser that Hubby had picked up for me to try awhile back. I was pleasantly surprised. It really cleansed my hair. It doesn't lather like folk may contribute to a cleanser like a shampoo. It's more of a cowash, but my hair actually squeaked in some spots like when I use shampoo. I easily detangled Cleo too. So, that was a huge plus! I will come back with the name later. It also smelled nice. The cleanser is called Healthy Hair Nutrition Conditioning Cleanser by Salon Grafix.

I did a protein cowash bc my ends were a lil tangly, but not too bad. Plus, I had not done one in a while. I'm also contemplating going straight since its going to be cooler this week. She feels nice and strong, yet soft

Edited by luvmybiga$$fro - Sep 16 2013 at 5:01pm
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 10:31am
Well, my internet and phone connection were off for the weekend as I readjusted my subscription and I am guessing with the tv adjustments they made a mistake regarding internet and phone, so I was checking in through my cellphone but didn't really have the opportunity to post the way I would want to post so I figured I'd just wait for my wifi to return which it did today(well yesterday now since I ended up not posting as I just kept adding and adding to my post.)

I am going to wash my hair tonight probably. I didn't really get around to doing it before.

Reorganized my bathroom stash and limited it to things I actually use daily. Some things were just taking in space right now since I no longer use some of the shampoos at the moment that I was using before.

Will reorganize some other stuff as well, put some things on display more so I am more inclined to switch things up with my hair a bit more.

I am seriously starting to consider a proper trim to really give myself a good head start and then baby my healthy ends, but part of me thinks, what if my ends end up damaged again due to the weather or whatever and then my hair is shorter too and I will have to snip the ends even more. Lol... so I keep flipping the coin.

To be continued...

@Luv-duv I did not get to rock a big bun, I did get to rock an on top of the head bun which I didn't roll as that took the volume out with the quickness. So it was a pull through messy bun. It's not really one of my favorite buns but I made due, the back of my head area had some volume going on,

About that heavy feeling you mentioned, I have experienced that heavy feeling now and then while damp, I like it, gives me a feeling of working with something lol, I love whipping my hair when it's in that state hahaha.

And as for my hair twin I just saw the hair but didn't strike up a conversation, she passed by quickly and I was just thinking to myself, must bring...mine...back.... she had hers blonde though.
But indeed it's always fun to come across hair similar to your own.

Great that Cleo is smelling the way you want her to smell now. And a plus that the cleanser your hub gave you worked for you. Sounds like a win win situation.

Oh by the way. Do you avoid some ingredients when selecting products or do you just go with the flow? As you have different products that you are using from time to time and more different basic ingredients to go for.

Since you mention a protein co wash, I forget every time to mention how I now realize what you meant with light on protein where Greek yogurt and eggs are concerned, because some protein conditioners have a concentrated amount in them. Because they aren't easily available here, so it's only once I read up about them that I realized just how much protein is in them and that the whole definition of protein rich changes when comparing the natural deep conditioners with the protein conditioners(like aPHogee and such). So the better response to your question at the time is that I haven't tried protein heavy products.
I'll have to investigate the possibilities of adding protein to my conditioner in a separate bottle.

As for your straight hair thing, guess I will hear soon enough if you gave it a go or not. Over here it's also cooler (ugh... cold even, not cool(lol)), but so humid and even rainy at times, so I will be maintaining my curls after the wash.

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 9:22pm
Hey ladies,

I've cleansed and conditioned my hair.
Detangling was a breeze.
It was so refreshing to welcome back the curls after not seeing them in days. My hair loves to play games with me, just when I think it has grown, there is always this part of me that isn't quite sure. One thing is for sure though, I won't be able to fully embrace any length unless I can at least see it when wearing my hair straight without having to stretch it,lol... then it will feel a bit more authentic I guess. The shrinkage power is strong though, so I guess my hair will have to be hip length before I can start seeing waist length while it's straight., but I digress, back to the subject at hand.

After that I T-shirt dried my hair(Lately by pulling my head through my T shirt and then I pull the T shirt back till it covers my hair and I basically look like a nun and gently squeeze it before slipping it off. This is the easiest method opposed to using it as if it were a towel where technique is concerned.) and then I moisturized it with two conditioners I've mentioned before(they work well together and I love the way my hair smells with the combination, orchid meets coconut fragrance.)

I have this custom oil mix which I use on my face overnight, but decided to use on my hair after I moisturized it with the conditioners.

The oils I used for it are: Avocado oil, infused wheatgerm oil(meaning that it has a few other ingredients like beta carotene and other stuff, I am glad I did get that one first though, as some of the ingredients do have their benefits, but wish they wouldn't put wheatgerm oil on the bottle if it isn't 100% pure), pure wheatgerm oil,a few drops of tea tree oil, some grape seed oil, some extra virgin olive oil and extra virgin coconut oil.

I used a dime sized amount for each half (the two sections for my two braids).

After that I braided my hair in two, tied them together with a hair elastic and covered my hair with my satin scarf.

My hair will probably have beach waves once I unravel them in the morning. I might just rock it that way this time around. Not sure as yet though. I am curious to see how the oils affected my hair once I unravel the two braids. I am also curious to know if the conditioners will still smell as strong after the oils have had time to settle.

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 1:01pm
So I had myself a surprise this morning, turned out my hair was damp within the braid, so my attempt to stretch my hair flew out the window.
My hair ended up shrinking. So basically my hair looks like I've had a hair cut, in fact I was even asked if I had cut my hair and I ended up giving a short explanation about how my hair shrinks shortly after a wash day plus the fact that it curls in different ways which can also play a role in how much my hair will shrink.

I can't really say I've noticed a significant difference on my hair with the custom oil. Guess the good news is that my hair remained moisturized throughout the day despite the damp start. Maybe that's what the oil helped with? lol.

Anyway that's all for now. Not sure if I will wear my hair down or up tomorrow, guess whatever I'm in the mood for I'll do.

As for now, time to relax.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 5:38pm
@Ritle-Skittle: sounds like you and ya yet to be named mane have had quite a few adventures! Ya oil mix sounds yummy!

Well, Hubby straightened Cleo Thursday. But, I'm not pleased. She is healthy and WL, but she doesn't hang like I want. In order for her to hang like I want, I would have to fry her to death or thin her out. Neither of which I'm willing to do. So, she is in a curly pony until I figure out something. No pics as of right now😫
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 9:40pm
@Luv-Duv So true, we did have some adventures lol.

I think that the oil mix did make a difference by the way, I've used it twice with moisturizing, second time around with spritzing water prior and when I unraveled the two braids I unraveled with the inside being damp again while just spritzing with water and using the conditioner did not do that. So I guess the oil mix is quite the humectant. I think the extra virgin coconut oil did that, because I noticed while using it on my face that the coconut oil made my face look more shiny soon after applying than before I added it while I didn't use any more than I did before.

So I guess I've learned something new.

Sorry to hear about your hair not stretching as much as you'd want to. I have the same issue, even while it was bone straight it was still able to stretch more and only chemicals or heat damage I guess would change that, so I guess I'll have to be hip length if I want it to show once it's full waist length. It's not full waist length because only some areas stretch out to that, so I guess I'm going to have to be patient since my hair is layered. It's difficult to tell at times, but awe well... in due time. So I have noticed some growth but not as much as I expected.

I hung out with my cousins, had a ladies night out as we went out to dinner together and chatted. And one of them I hadn't seen for a long time and she loved my hair and how thick it looks. And then the question came up from that cousin to our other cousin who is relaxed if she has considered going natural since she has new growth and wants to relax it to go with the rest of her hair. But she isn't ready right now, since she doesn't want to deal with the two textures and she does not want to cut it. Awe well, time will tell.

I didn't use any conditioner on my hair today, I just spritzed it with a little water after taking down the two braids and ran my hands through my hair a bit. Didn't add any moisture to it the day before as I figured it had more than enough moisture anyway. I think I'll have to add an extra spritz bottle for diluted conditioner to distribute it a bit better instead of rubbing it in next time I do decide to moisturize with conditioner.

Anyway my hair's been doing fine, I'm still loving my staples, so I'm glad I have enough of them for the time being.

I was hoping for some Cleo pics, but I guess I'll have to wait it out till next time.

Have a great weekend!

And the ladies reading this as well of course.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 12:04am
I think Hubby and I got it together. I was soo afraid of hearing Cleo sizzle, which she barely did on the first attempt, that I stopped him from GETTING IN like he should have. Plus, I didn't let the iron heat up enough just trusted the temperature and light. I needed to let it sit awhile longer and go for it.

Now, she's more sleek, less poofy and more hang time. I cross wrapped her (my version) and scarfed. So, we'll see how she is in the am!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 8:05am
Cool, hope the shown length is to your liking and of course that she got through the night.

Let us know.

My hair is still poofy at the moment and I like it, makes it look like a whole lotta hair. The top of my hair is a bit frizzy in the front though, so I'll give that section some extra love next time around.

Haven't really been doing much to my hair, guess enjoying its new found moisture moments keeps me wearing it down, since ponytails lock moisture anyway so I am used to those going well, but to wear it out and it rarely doing a 360 on me is new to me.

Edited by Ritle - Sep 23 2013 at 8:14am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 63>