Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 61>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

@Ritle-Skittle- ya hair looks good!
Sooooo...what's the scoop on avocado oil? Benefits?
I'm down with my first luv olive(which I haven't used in quite awhile). I've been cheating with Argan Oil(all are not equal- smell wise). I'm very familiar with Tea Tree Oil(haven't had to use it in yrs). I like oils so I'm just curious about this avocado oil.

Well, as much as I was hoping I wouldn't have to wash Cleo- I gotta. She wasn't itchy at all on yesterday, or this am, but she is itching annoyingly now. So, I'll clarify, wash, dc(no overnight or hrs session since its going to be wet), moisturize,and plait up.

Hope u ladies have a great and safe weekend! Ttyl!

Hey Luv Duv,

Thanks

The scoop on avocado oil:
*Quoted from Urban Bushbabes because I am lazy hahahaha.*

Avocado oil is good for moisturizing dry, brittle, and damaged hair. It has a light weight formula that’s easily absorbed into the hair and scalp. It contains many nutrients such as vitamins A, B, D, E, protein, amino acids, iron, copper, magnesium, and folic acid. All these nutrients are beneficial for nourishment and hair growth.
It has natural humectant properties adding and locking in moisture. It acts as a natural SPF. It’s also great for deep conditioning, strengthening hair, and adding shine. The vitamins, amino acids, and high fat content promote healthy cell growth and are great for maintaining and restoring scalp health (dry, itchy scalp).
Avocado oil can be added to shampoo, used as a deep treatment, or used as a sealant.

I have used extra virgin olive oil on my hair recently and I do not like the smell of it at all for my hair and it's difficult to camouflage the scent, so I am not going to use it on my hair anytime soon again,lol.

As for Argan oil, I am still checking to see which one is the best to get, so I haven't given it a try as yet. Comparing prices and reviews regarding quality.

And aww @itchy Cleo, no wait that sounds silly, I meant your itchy scalp of course, hope the pampering will stop your scalp from being itchy.

As for tea tree oil, that's good that you haven't had to use it in years. I use it to reduce my period pimples. There always has to be this one hormone induced pimple that's an annoying disturbance on an otherwise smooth surface now and then and always in an annoying spot. So tea tree oil is a blessing whenever that happens.

Oh and as mentioned before in my previous post, I have to wash my hair as well, so guess we both have a wash day coming up this weekend. I think I will have to wash it weekly when I use an oil and bi-weekly when I'm not, while using conditioners as moisturizers.

Have a great and safe weekend as well Luv Duv!
And same to anyone reading this thread!
Sponsored Links

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 8:42pm
Aaaaah!!! Cleo is happy! Luv is happy! I realized what product aggravated her. It was Its a 10 Miracle DC. I actually didn't wash it out. I have left dc's in before with no issue, but Cleo didn't like this as a leave in. Itchy lesson learned!

I really focused on my scalp rather than my hair. My long standing beloved wide toothed comb was worked over time. My hair wasn't tangle city at all which was a plus I used my wide toothed comb to work the shampoo down the length and to scratch my scalp. I also luxuriated in the feel of running water on my scalp. Soo refreshing! Now, she's moisturized, oiled and plaited up for the night. Feels much better!

Oh, I forgot to update Cleo and plaiting. Last week, plaits have proven that they should most definitely be in the rotation. If I'm lazy, I figure I don't have to do aa many. Plaits really aid in keeping Cleo stretched and waaayyyy less tangles. I actually re- plaited nightly on Mon, and Tuesday nights. I didn't loose any obscene amounts of hair either- normal shed hair. I have to tout Tigi's Curlesque Hydrating Conditioner! I use it when I'm plaiting Cleo up for the night. I also use Loreal's Smooth Intense Frizz Taming Serum. These products really does leave Cleo soft and frizz is minimal. Now, if its humid out, I don't start to frizz and expand until around 4:30-- 5 which is usually the end of my work day. So, that's a plus! Oh and they both smell heavenly! Double Plus!
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 1:45pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 7:14pm
STOP IT! I NEED DEETS NAY ON ESSENCE IN THAT LUVLY BUN AND THE PREVIOUS ONE! SOOO CUTE, ELEGANT AND CHIC!

Ok, I'm done yelling. LOL!
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 8:36pm
Ok so I tried giving you deets on the first pic but Bhm was acting up
that first pic was a residual of that 2nd pic.
It's a style I wore a few weeks ago.
Ok so the first pic my hair was Smoothed with eco styler gel tied with a knee High. Cause if I used a regular hair tie it would be bumpy and lumpy.
The second pic is with my hair blown out. Pulled back in a puff. then twisted about 8-10 sections and pinned up discreetly.
Any other questions just ask.   
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 7:13am
really cute NayNayThumbs Up
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 12:01pm
Thanks tatee
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 4:04pm
Beautiful (cinna)bun Nay!
And sounds like super results Luv Duv, you go girl! Always great when products are doing what you want them to do, or basically are what your hair needs.

I purchased two more bottles of the YTC conditioner today and also picked up a wheat germ oil which had 50% off the price. I might go back for one more bottle of wheat germ oil since I have a multipurpose plan for it. People really went buck wild on the coconot oil discount and it isn't even that much of a discount. , a few days ago there were so many jars of them and now only a few jumbo jars.

Must say that I am on a roll with these oils, I'll be looking in to some things this weekend.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 8:09am
@Nay: Thanks for the deets. I luv how full and shiny Essence looks! That.bun is giving me life! Luv it. You look so elegant! Luv me some buns!

@Ritle-Skittle- You are indeed on a roll with ya oils and stocking up on ya products! I don't blame you either. If it works and its ecnomical- go for it!

Cleo and I have been rocking out with BIG hair lately. Luving it! Plaitouts have been on the menu for about two weeks now. Luving how the amount of plaits dictate how Cleo turns.out. I have little to no tangles now. Finger combing and combing now is a breeze. Since I have a long weekend due to the holiday, I think I'm going to experiment with brushing Cleo out from the plaits and styling semi- stretched hair.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 12:35pm
@Luv Duv Yes indeed, I guess finding things that actually work and either smell good or don't have much of a fragrance is just so rewarding. Simply not having to worry as much about my appearance when I walk through the door is a reward in itself and gives my busy mind a little bit of peace in that department.Sounds like you had a fun two weeks with Cleo. Big hair don't care.
And of course being almost tangle free is totally worth the efforts.

I didn't get the extra bottle of wheat germ oil and unless the stores are open tomorrow I will probably miss out on the discount, but I was not in the mood to run any errands today, I was tired and just wanted to relax, plus it's not like I will empty the bottle in a week or anything.

I had such a simplistic week where my hair is concerned. No ponytails or buns, just out and about. I will see if I will revisit some sleek styles next week. Perhaps play around with some accessories.
Time will tell on what I will decide I guess.

One thing is for sure, being able to try on many different dresses and my hair not looking a mess plus just being able to walk around for hours without moisture being pulled from my hair despite the fact that I did have a night of falling asleep without the usual bed routine without my hair looking busted pleases me on so many levels.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 61>