Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 64>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 11:37pm
Ritle- Skittle, I'm so glad you and carrots are friends!is the first pic wet to dry hair? Luv the definition. Ya girl looks great! Very healthy! Is tbe 2nd pic med to dry? I luv that the definition of ya curls maintains as it dries. Is the last pic nearly dry to dry? Reminds me of Cleo sooo much.

Yeah, the weather has been mild with rain. The humidity has been high which Cleo luvs, but my skin is not feeling it!

Do tell about the moisturizing gel! I guess I have never associated gel as moisturizing bc my main purpose is hold which is styling for me. But, I have to say (if I'm interpertj.v corresponding) that ECO is very moisturizing. I don't have to add anything and get results.

Girl, the plait situation should have occurred now. I had a certain look and techniques in mumy head and didn't excute liit. So, I will re-visit. I getting ready to take em down and getting to some tlc.
Sponsored Links

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 11:05am
Hey ladies,

Day two and instead of having to refresh with water, my hair still feels moisturized, so this conditioner is a winner!

I did not do an apple cider vinegar rinse after my wash and I did not use any coconut oil on my hair because I wanted to really see AND feel what the conditioner does after the shampoo.

Maybe next time around I will be able to leave my hands out of my hair, had it in my hair yesterday as soon as it was even remotely dry and now today too, but I get a pass for this time...you do not want to see my hair right now, it feels soft but looks like it needs to be in a ponytail LOL, which I have done a few times but then take back out the hair elastic so I can touch my hair LOL. It's as unphotographable as a Funny Valentine.

I do need to do some more protein treatments, it's been a while and just eating enough protein isn't enough, sometimes the hair itself needs a direct approach. I can tell by my ends.

Not sure if I will deep condition today or leave that for another time... perhaps somewhere this week, I want to enjoy the scent of the conditioner some more hahaha.

As for the elasticity I can still just grab it and put it in to a ponytail even while being frizzy without having to spritz extra water, so this is a very good sign. Only time I was able to do that was either while damp or when moisturized with gel and lotion.

@Luv Duv Thanks! First pic was almost fully dry, second and third pic were fully dry, forgot to add the picture disclaimers on the pics.

As for moisturizing gels, I know that the clear Scurl curl activator gel was very moisturizing, I'd wet my hair a bit, or make sure my hair was damp and then I'd part my hair and apply near the roots and then rub my hands together and add a bit to my hair. The lotion on it's own is a refresher, so my hair has to be moisturized already before being able to use it on it's own and the gel was able to provide that.

The gel acted like the hair puddings and creams would,
the eco styler clear gel was also moisturizing like you said, I was amazed by it because of it's hold when rubbed on my hair for a sleek pony and yet it was able to provide my hair with moisture, I was expecting the hardest curls known to mankind, but it wasn't too bad at all.

I always use the gel after spritzing with some water, I hardly put it on my hair just like that, it works best that way.

Awwww, sorry to hair about the plait situation, sucks when it doesn't go the way you want to, better luck next time.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 8:25pm
Hey again ladies,
Did a semi-permanent hair color on my hair.
I still had a jar left of the pillarbox red one I did last time, depends on the lighting how much of it can be seen, but I'm fine with that, didn't apply it for quite some time at first as I was contemplating on blending it with a lighter color, but figured I'd just use the jar as is and call it a day.
After rinsing the color out of my hair I applied a little of the "YES to carrots" conditioner and combed my hair a bit under the shower.
This time I didn't use the combing brush on my hair once I stepped out from under the shower I just left it alone.
After that I T-shirt dried it and then I moisturized with a little more of the conditioner and allowed it to air dry.
I love that with this conditioner I can just apply it to dry hair without issues, just like a regular moisturizer.

Can't wait to try the other conditioners, if they work in a similar fashion I will have some extra options with different fragrances.

Last time my hair looked like this(minus the color) was with gel and lotion.

None of the curls are crunchy.I know for sure I'll be heading out to the store soon to get me some more.
I won't be able to do the apple cider vinegar rinses for a while as I want to enjoy the color for a bit, but I already love the way my hair is looking so far so it's all good. I still ended up with my hands in my hair but I was gentle.

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 6:29am
[IMG]Trying buns now ladies trying to get like cleo

[/IMG]
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 6:27pm
Lovely bun Nay, are those twists in that bun? Either way I love it.

Well ladies,

I went and got myself two more bottles of my new favorite conditioner today and turned out there's a 10% discount on them now.
There's an even better discount on the other ones which luckily I haven't tried as yet so I am going to see about some kind of a refund deal or something. It's worth a shot, plus I am looking for an extra bottle of conditioner anyway so a refund will benefit that store anyway, so I hope I can cut a good deal because unfortunately nothing about the possibility of a refund is mentioned on the receipt. We shall see.

Other than that, my hair still smells heavenly. I totally missed that while I was using gel and lotion for moisture.

I can enjoy my hair much more now while it recovers from a long term use of drying shampoos and conditioners.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 6:45pm
@Ritle-Skittle- That's what I'm talking about! Products that do what they say they do! I lol'ed when you said you keep ya hands out of ya hair! Ya just can't keep em out when she is just soo soft!! I hope you're able to get more of the products so you can have ya stash!

I like how ta hair dries in such a uniform way. You have great wash n go haur! I'm jelly! I have to use so much more product in the back to get Cleo to hang like the rest.

@Nay - Now, Missy you cannot just drop a pic of such.cuteness and not tell us how u achieved such a cute, sleek bun?!! LUV IT!! If buns are as kind to Essence as they have been to Cleo, then she'll be catching up to her in NO time! Deets of the bun, please and ty!

Ladies, I got an itchy situation going on. It doesn't feel like the growth itch I usually have around this time either. I was thinking bout what products I have used over the last week. There's nothing new in the rotation.   So, I'm thinking I need to do a clarifying poo- even though my scalp isn't dirty. Currently, Cleo is in plaits since Saturday. So, I may unravel, mist, moisturize, seal, and re- plait. I really don't wanna wash unnecessarily bc I'm trying to keep the tangles down and Cleo isn't really dirty.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 6:56pm
^^^.oooh a discount!! Refund possibility! Yessss!! Hope u can make it happen! Still got great smelling hair!? Yesss! Ttyl. Going to replait and such.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 7:25pm
@Luv Duv

Lol, I didn't have my hand in my hair as much now, haha. I did keep sniffing it now and then though.

Yea I am glad that most of the heavy frizzing is history with this condish.

Plus that a little goes a long way to wear my hair out without it doing a 360 on me throughout the day.

Thanks for the compliment, I could use some of Cleo's thickness, my thickness is a moisture deprived or separated illusion .Guess there's always a patch of greener grass somewhere.

Well I went to the store, turned out the discount deal wasn't for the coconut one, so there wasn't any difference in price, awe well...

The "Yes to carrots" conditioner will be back next week. I'm glad I was able to pick up two of them yesterday.

There was a discount on avocado oil which I was going to pick up yesterday but wasn't sure if it was one of the penetrating type of oils on hair or if it would just sit on there, so I needed more info before picking it up. Luckily they were still around today, too many benefits to just leave it there, so I picked up two since there was a 50% discount. There was also an extra virgin coconut oil but the discount was nothing to write home about so I decided on the extra avocado oil. Though knowing myself I might end up picking it up tomorrow after all.

As for your itchy situation, you could be right, it might be some sort of build up or something, since you mention your scalp not being dry. But on the other hand, it might be an ingredient in one of your products that your scalp might be responding to. You could do a (n Apple cider) vinegar rinse if the clarifying poo doesn't help, in case it's not build up but something else. Hope it's over soon.

Edited to add: Or maybe some tea tree oil on your scalp?

Ah Cleo's in plaits huh, how did you style them? Wore them in a pony? Or with a scarf? I'm curious and I am sure the other ladies are probably curious as well.

Well ladies,

I revisited sleeping with my hair in two braids last night, spritzed my hair with water and used a squirt of conditioner on my hair before I did. Didn't brush it or anything just braided like that. However I was not too fond of the wavy pattern I had going on over my own curl pattern once I unraveled, so I spritzed my hair with water and used a squirt of conditioner to get rid of the waves. My hair did remain stretched though, so I will be sleeping with it in two braids again.

Much happier with the way it looks stretched and I don't lose as much volume either.

I think I'll be incorporating the two braids at night time for good, so that I can at least show off a little bit of length.

By the way before braiding my hair in two, I used the coconut conditioner and it also melted into my hair, will have to see about my hair in the morning, but I think I might add that to my "when Yes to carrots is out of stock" options. I added some avocado oil at first. I already had my hair in two braids and then I figured this would be a good opportunity to try the coconut conditioner and avocado oil since I was going to use the oil on my face overnight anyway.

But if the coconut conditioner is as suitable as a moisturizer as it seems to be right now and the others of that same brand are as well, I will have enough multipurpose conditioners for the time being.

So right now my hair smells of coconut for the moment.

I guess since I've got moisture down it's time to get styling down. I should practice flat twisting.

Time for some versatility.

A friend of mine is transitioning and she has the cutest updo's going on. Takes her a couple of hours but she gets them done.

I would like to get a cute updo done at some point.

Anyway, time for me to conclude this post, been typing way too much. Doing other stuff in between and adding, previewing and adding now and then. I'd best post it before I forget and it's a day later,LOL.

This is what my hair looked like today stretched but still with some volume:

My hair in my crown always has to be the party pooper in the back hahaha, I am just glad that the mullet hairs at the bottom did behave though, if given a chance they'd look longer than the rest of my hair.

Edited by Ritle - Aug 20 2013 at 8:38pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 5:06pm
@Ritle-Skittle- ya hair looks good!
Sooooo...what's the scoop on avocado oil? Benefits?
I'm down with my first luv olive(which I haven't used in quite awhile). I've been cheating with Argan Oil(all are not equal- smell wise). I'm very familiar with Tea Tree Oil(haven't had to use it in yrs). I like oils so I'm just curious about this avocado oil.

Well, as much as I was hoping I wouldn't have to wash Cleo- I gotta. She wasn't itchy at all on yesterday, or this am, but she is itching annoyingly now. So, I'll clarify, wash, dc(no overnight or hrs session since its going to be wet), moisturize,and plait up.

Hope u ladies have a great and safe weekend! Ttyl!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 6:56pm
Hey ladies,

Good news for me, the coconut conditioner is suitable as a moisturizer! No flaking or anything, I am wearing a black T shirt right now in fact.

The two braids overnight left my hair in gorgeous waves....except for the non braided part which of course was my root area and since I wasn't going for a braid or twist out(though braided, no sharp bends so it ends up looking more like a twist out than a braid out) look I added a drop of condish and went through my hair and shook it quickly before I left.

My hair has had the best week it's had in a very long time. Wore my hair out all week, not once did I have to resort to my banana clip to rescue my hair from a disaster. No awkward frizzing. And no awkward hair transformations throughout the day.

YES to carrots is still the best moisturizer between the two though, but who knows what the other one is capable of conditioner wise.

I haven't tried the other two as yet, I'll see about those this weekend before washing my hair where moisturizing is concerned. I will have to try out their conditioning properties some other time I guess.

It was so much easier to stretch my hair without going to lengths(no pun intended lol) to achieve it because my hair's elasticity has improved drastically.

And the day after just by not adding additional moisture before braiding my hair in two the night before, my hair shrunk up more and was fuller.

Which is the look I also was rocking today.

I have purchased extra virgin coconut oil. It's a good thing I didn't buy it at the bio-supermarket because they sure know how to overprice on things that are available elsewhere but harder to get by. So I ended up buying it at the store where I purchased my conditioner after all, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't cheaper somewhere else.
I can tell that it won't get hard as quickly as the refined coconut oil, it can withstand lower temperatures than the refined one. And wow...the scent... I love it. I used to think it would have this concentrated coconut fragrance, but it's really gentle and pure, I love it!

I am so glad I have different small containers, that way I will be able to make it easier to distribute the coconut oil, because it's not in a very convenient jar at all, a spill waiting to happen.

Anyway, I will probably deep condition my hair this weekend as well. I forgot to buy Greek yogurt though, or let me put it this way, I was at the supermarket at the cash register when it registered and it was my turn and just then someone else decided to stand behind me, so I was thinking , well never mind then, can't be bothered.
Guess I will whip up some egg white or something. Or a hot oil treatment with the extra virgin coconut oil and avocado oil.

Other than that I don't really have much to report hair wise. I guess I will play around with my hair and see if I can make some different but simple styles happen.

I just noticed I haven't used flower accessories for a looong time and it's still summer time. I really need to make a floral come back with that.

Guess I'll be trying out some stuff this weekend, because I sure am not heading in to town again, made too many trips this week already. Enough is enough, I've got everything I need, I can get my wants another time.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 64>
  Share Topic