BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 64>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2013 at 8:55pm
Ok, I updated in the WL and beyond thread, so I'm doing so too. A few days ago, I was showering and decided to pull a strand down in the back(hadn't done that in awhile). Welllll, it reached the bottom of my ribcage! I'm unofficially WL!! I'm cautiously optimistic bc I was so disheartened when I thought I was MBL and it wasn't so. I don't have my official straightening until Fall, so no pics. Plus, curly hair (imo) doesn't show Cleo@'s length fully, so I won't be sure until then. But, I pulled that strand 3 xs to make sure I wasn't delusional! LOL!
Sponsored Links

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 9:07am
@Luv-Duv

Owh very cool that you were able to help out some more with your parents.

And yes I can imagine your love affair with the scarf. I love scarves as well, just don't always get to wearing them, plus I don't have as many, I really should invest in some some time.

And yes it is very easy going indeed, that's mostly my last resort option when my pony is not looking the way I want it to and I've tried different styles already but ran out of time.

And yep my hair behaves differently too, even with the same products. Never a dull moment there,LOL. Though sometimes it's a pain in the butt, especially the front part of my hair does whatever it feels like which changes the entire look. I don't mind when it shrinks in a way that it looks like a fresh hair cut, but when it's all un even looking in an awkward way that's when I end up putting it in a pony at times lol.

And good on you with your successful cowashing, go girl.

As for the attention subject, I agree that big hair does grab the attention like long hair does and the combination of the two is the ultimate....but yea that will take yeaaaaaars for me, lol, unless I do a blow out sort of thing.
And yes it is fun to see human nature in the works in general, so checking responses on different hair styles is always interesting and at times an eye opener.

Congrats on making WL and even if it turns out it isn't full WL as yet then congrats on your growth progress anyway!

I already figured you'd either be there very soon or already be there because your hair was already quite lengthy while being straight and I know all about the shrinkage factor even when looking bone straight, it's still an inch or more shorter than it's true length.

I will check your pictures in that thread you mentioned, can't wait!

As for me, I need to sleep with my satin scarf, I have been neglecting it a bit and end up needing to refresh more.

My hair also needs more moisture these days as humidity is not really out there unless it's raining. I will do a DC with egg soon and see what my hair will say to that,lol.

I haven't really been styling my hair much as usual, so nothing new to report there for now.

Just that my hair shrinks up like a fresh hair cut, which is kinda cute.except for the back from side view, the crown curls curl up more so it has this mullet type of look to it.

Well that was all for now, off to check your pics!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 9:12am
Ok so why did I think you had posted pics in that other thread? LOL
But yayyy on your uncaptured progress.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 1:13pm
Ritle- Skittle- last night I typed a nice long response and it was eaten up, so I logged off. Lol @ u thinking I posted pics. Not yet. I will come Fall. I did finally detangle last weekend with my beloved Mane n Taol Detangler. Now in an effort to keep Cleo tangle free, I'm doing plaited ponies pinned to the back. Its going ok so far. I'm also not using any gel or curl defining products bc they clump my curls together which lead to tangles. So, the gameplan is moisturizing, sealing, plaiting and scarfing to lay edges down. Nothing major .
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 2:18pm
@Luv-Duv I'd be annoyed too if my long post was eaten. How annoying!
Hmm.... but I am not looking forward to fall...it will be cold.... I don't like the cold. But awe well...guess I'll have to be patient for those pics then,lol.

Glad it's doing well so far, I can imagine not wanting to use gel and the likes if it leads to tangles. As for me, I'd prefer a pudding like substance over gel any time to moisturize my hair, because I have to wash my hair more often, which I wouldn't mind if my water was softer. Awe well.... I've noticed some natural shampoos and conditioners mentioned by name at a local green shop, so I will check some reviews about them first, would be great if I can use a condish as a leave in instead of relying on gel all the time.
I will have to really do some back of the bottle checking too, because they sell a lot of shampoos and conditioners that actually do have sulfates and silicone's so I'll just have to write down some names so that I won't get lost lol.

Fingers crossed...

Other than that, just been spritzing my hair with water today, put my hair in a ponytail, then converted a bandanna in to a headband, slid it on and I was on the move.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 10:21am
Sounds like were both trying to KISS(weetie). I only use gel for styling purposes. I use leave ins, water and condishes for moisture. When my ends get tangly like this its usually two reasons: need a trim and need more protein for the ends.

Since I wont be doing the former any time soon, I'm upping my use of protein products and keeping close watch on moisture too.

I was checking out the Web last night for simple plaited updo styles that aren't juvenile or complicated. I saw quite a few that I could possibly do. I also have a lot of hair candy that I can experiment with now too.
I'm thinking that I may do a personal ps challenge with straight hair, plaits come Fall too.

I hope your research yields great results, Ritle Skitle! Keep us posted!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 6:19pm
@Luv Duv

Yes keeping it simple is my main objective right after keeping it healthy LOL.

And though gel is listed as a moisturizing option, I prefer a creme like substance, less chance for build up.

As for my shampoo and conditioners. I found them. It was a good thing I knew what I was looking for because I would've overlooked them. And also had to keep my eyes open because some were bath lotions in the same bottle but with another name on it.

There was a 3 for 2 discount so I figured that I'd buy three different conditioners from the store brand since conditioners run faster than shampoos anyway and one shampoo and conditioner from a brand I read good reviews about.

I'm mainly excited to try these because the ingredients list is the best list I have seen on a shampoo or conditioner bottle for a loooong time and very good ingredients too, I haven't tried them and I am already stoked!

I just have to see what the best option is regarding the transition to them. I really hope I can use the conditioner as a combing conditioner because I didn't see a leave in conditioner and they do have one on their website.

And despite the super good ingredients and no parabens (which I think the self proclaimed natural conditioner I have did have come to think of it, which might be why it wasn't suitable to leave in perhaps), I can never be sure if I can leave it in till I've tried. I am going to research it some more though and see if anyone has good results leaving it in instead of washing it out because that's something I missed in the reviews I read.

Hope your updo experiments will go well. Don't forget to take some pics if they go well.

I will keep you posted on the results of my new products. They were a bit on the pricey side so hope they will be worth the while. Awe well, at least I won't have any build up on my hair from conditioners anymore or moisture stripped by shampoos.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 7:37am
Oooh, Ritle-Skittle, u got the Yes line. I have a few of this lines facial products and they are pretty good! I have the Yes to Cucumbers Moisturizing Lotion and Yes to Tomatoes Cleansing Wash and Lotion. They have a slight veggie smell(to me) but it doesn't linger. Goes on smooth and doesn't clog my pores. I was just thinking to myself that I may use this stuff for a month bc I'm trying to figure out if my moisturizer is actually making me oiler as the day progresses- tres annoying! So, we'll see. I think u may have good results with this line.

I luv the Spring and Fall- not too hot or cold. Just right as Goldilocks said in the Three Little Bears. Like the past few days here have been very mild and pleasant for August. Its been cool enough to not have the A/C going. I luv it!

Ita with u regarding a creamy moisturizing product. I've never experienced moisturized hair with a gel. I always assumed they were styling agents as that is how they act on Cleo. Creams just melt in my hair and most water based products are our friends, so we'll stick with them.

I had plaited Cleo up Thursday on mostly dry to lightly dampened hair with this new product - which name escapes me at the moment- earlier in the am. Hubby, manchild and I had some errands to run, so I unleashed and she came out absolutely soft and with some hangtime. So, I did the half uup half down thing. Well, it was a 1/2 day do bc I messed it up in the am (kindaof) and ended up doing my two plaited ponies pinned(lifesaver) .
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 7:47am
I dont use any gel or hairspray at  all in my hair. Only gel on my baby hairs. 

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 17 2013 at 7:49am
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 6:45pm
I am saying YES to "YES to carrots", the shampoo and conditioner smell heavenly to begin with(Once had this orchid scented skin lotion and they smell like that). I love the slip of the conditioner, just had to watch my step in the shower while rinsing though.
The conditioner melts into the hair, it doesn't just sit on there, which totally makes it suitable as a leave-in conditioner, plus the fact that it dries without issues. The elasticity of my hair is excellent while dry, so it's all good. "YES to carrots" shampoo and conditioner are hereby my new staples.   

@Luv Duv That's cool that you have the skin care line with great results. They don't sell the skin care line here though, or at least not that I have seen, but I saw them on the website. As for their shampoo and conditioner, I already had a feeling by the ingredients that this might be a good purchase.

Glad the weather hasn't been too much this time around. The weather is a bit humid here and it has been raining now and then, but it's all good. Though I would like a bit more sun if I have to be honest so that I can take a long cycling trip to a lake again and just hangout there just to name an example.

As for the moisturizers thing.
I have experienced moisturized hair with gel and lotion because I happened to have the right gels. as for other products, there are some products that just sit on my hair though, so it's been quite a trial and error along the way, but didn't have the sitting on my hair issue with gel so far though.

Glad the plaits worked out, despite the small mishap.

I am curious about how the next day hair will be, I will sleep with a satin scarf on but not sure if I will wear a bun or if I will braid in two or perhaps do the two side buns thing.

Other than that I am still enjoying the scent of the shampoo and conditioners, whenever I touch my hair my hand smells of it or when I shake my hair... wow heavenly smell.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 64>
  Share Topic