BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 1:25am
Real early post since I conked out almost as soon as I got in from work yesterday.

Ritle- Skittle- Yesssss, I LUV me some ECO. I usually get the biggest one sold at CVS. But, I need to go get a tub. I don't actually, need a tub...just want it! Lol! I'm partial to the clear. I've tried the others, but the hold I desire only comes with the clear. Its perfect! I'm kinda of interested in the ECO pudding/custard. Heard good things so far.

Since, I'm rocking the high puff, my girl has been squeezing Cleo on the daily at work. She admits she.can't help it. I don't mind bc she's cool and I've played in her hair mucho too. I'm rather bored with it honestly - puff wearing that is. But, I'm more lazy, tired, and hot to do any other style right now. So, yeah.
I may do another attempt at a plaitout this weekend since ill be helping my parents finish packing for their retirement /downsize move. I can do them early and they'll have all day to set. So, its an option.

How'd ya braidout turn out? 14 braids, huh? I think the most I've ever done was 25 plaits. I was bored and planned on rocking the style until it exploded on its own! LOL! I used to be able to get away with twirling the ends, but no more. I gotta curl them with a roller now.

Family movie night- Turbo- is on the agenda for after work. I have my outfit and an updo would flatter the look, but I'll be mindful of the patrons behind me. Have aa great day all! Ttyl!
Sponsored Links

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 2:37am
Hey Luv-Duv,

Been under the weather and too occupied to give well thought out responses. So only gave a one liner here and there, but that's not the way we roll up in this thread of course :).

So did you get yourself a tub of ECO styler? Man.... I do not even want to know how expensive they would sell it for if they were to sell it here, triple the price probably. None the less, the fact that you can super size on some stuff is just too cool.

High puffs are fun! And lol @ the mutual molesting of hair.

My braid out turned out quite defined, I didn't even fluff it out this time around, it ended up swelling over time and I ended up having my hand in my hair so I had to put it in a ponytail eventually, but of course I took a bunch of pics on day one, since I had the chance to do so. I did kinda try to twirl the ends, but you're right with some of them I should've used rollers in retrospect where my ends are concerned. Slowly but surely I am starting to notice that the front of my hair is dryer in the lightest sections, especially now with the sun out and all so I'll have to work with that some more.

Family movie night, that sounded like fun! Hope you enjoyed it!
And aww @ you being mindful with the updo due to people sitting behind you. You're a kindhearted soul. As for me, I am not the tallest lol.....so I'd really have to over do it for people to take notice I guess, LOL.

Well, here are some pics of the braid out. I ended up braiding the end of a section in the front and putting it behind my ear for a swoop bang look. I should swoop bang-it up more often. The effortless swoop bang brings me back to my longer hair days.(My hair is close to that length when stretched, but still not quite)
The reason why I did the swoop bang thing was not just to switch it up but because the ends looked like "ugh" lol. My look was much more put together after that, plus I revisited one of my signature styles a few years back.

On this pic(below this text) the dryer parts of my hair are evident.
Seems like the lighter bits are dryer but on the other hand, could
also just be my hair type. But on the other hand, I have noticed that the parts that are exposed to the sun the most are the sections that need the most moisture. So it's really hard to tell because before I colored my hair those same sections would be a hit or miss.
I did come across a 7 day moisture challenge thing that basically comes down to moisturizing and sealing every night for a week, so I might(keyword: Might, I already have a 4 step routine going on for my skin at night before bed time...pfff... but then again it's just for a week, it's not like it's an every day thing) give that a try and see if that will give those sections more life next time. Wow... how's that for a picture description! LOL

Other than that, well, nothing much to report, just been wearing banana clipped pony's for the time being. I did spritz with water but I think I'll be giving my hair some more moisture love.

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 9:30pm
Hey ladies just dropping in to say hello been real occupied Lately. But nothing much is going with my hair I have Havana twists back in. And according to my length check tank I am full bsl. And 2 inches from mbl.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 9:35pm

Edited by naynay455 - Jul 31 2013 at 9:59pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 1:37am
Hey Ladies! I should be sleep as I have to help the parents move in a few hours, but the life of an insomniac...

Ritle- Skittle: Hope ur feeling better, Dear! So, understand just doing the basics when ya under the weather.

Ya braidout looked cute & defined. I'm noticing drying out of Cleo as a result of environment and possible product usage. Its only been this week, so I'm leaning towards products being the culprit.

But, the combo of products have given me me a GREAT hair week! I rocked a plaitout 2 days this week. So, full and pretty! The rest of the days, I piled my curls to the side and rocked a scarf as a headband. I luv the look. I rec'd an uptick in questions, compliments, touches, and, attention.

Ritle, I have not one pic of any of my great hair week. Between prepping for this move, work schedule, and home remodeling, pic taking hasn't gone down. It always happens like that too. LOL!

Nay- Glad u and Essence are doing well! Good to 'see ' y'all(waving)!!!!

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2013 at 5:07pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 5:04pm
^^^Ooooh, Nay! Essence is on the grow!! Luv it!!

Well, I'm trying to avoid the inevitable of cleaning up more bc I'm tired, but I have started. I'll have more help tomorrow, but I'll do as much as I can today.

Question : Have any of you ladies experienced an uptick in compliments from males when wearing a certain natural style(other than flatironed natural hair)?

Question based off my experiences and observations this week- I told u ladies that I rocked a plaitout and recycled it into an updo. Well, this do has been 'bringing the boys to the yard'. Now, as a married chick, the only male opinion and/or attention that matters is the Hubby. Plus, I'm just pretty oblivious at times. I consider myself a observant, but sometimes I just retreat into myself.

But, this week, I had no choice but to acknowledge the uptick in admiring looks, stares, and different ways men flat out went out of their way to get my attention. The only difference was how Cleo was styled. Yeah, I dress most times based on how my hair is and depending on how I like the complete look plays a part on my attitude. I know I was feeling myself this week l, so maybe that feeling just ebbed on out! Lol!
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 10:25pm
I got increase in compliments from males when I wore my hair in that curly fro a few weeks ago.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 10:17am
Hey ladies,

It's hard to tell where guys "complimenting" is concerned because it could've been the clothes as well. But I have gotten the most compliments with the combination of form fitting clothes and big hair.

Looking good Nay! And you're on the grow! You grow girl!

@Luv Thanks and yea haven't been styling my hair much, but then again I never style it as much anyway. And thanks for the compliment.

Glad that your braid out went well and got complimented.
And the side pony with headband sounds like a very cute style!

Hope to see a pic of Cleo next time around by the way. But I will take your word for it and just paint a picture in my head lol.

And though you're married it's always nice to get a compliment from others, but I totally get the not really paying it much attention, though in the back of your mind you know you are working it, lol.

Hope helping your parents move wasn't too tiresome, so much to be done, but then again, the more hands, the lighter the load.

As for my hair.

I have been wearing my hair in a side puff with a banana clip after my hair decided I did not give it enough love for me to rock it out in a way that compliments my current shape, plus with the sun and cycling for a very long time with a friend and the small flies we met on the way, I was glad I had my hair out of my face.
And also the day after it was raining when I headed out again to run a quick errand so I was very glad that my hair was in a ponytail.

My hair needs some TLC soon, so I'll be giving it the works soon, wash and deep condition.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 10:00pm
Ritle-Skittle- The 'rents are 98.9% settled, but they still have some things here. So, I'm taking off tomorrow to help more and straightened and clean here. Thanks for asking!

I thought the stack bun/puff thingee style was going to be my go to style for the Summer, but I have fallen in LUV witn the high placed puff with scarf thing I got going on for several reasons.

Its SOOO easy!!! Y'all know I'm happily style challenged and hair lazy. Some days, especially during work week, busy weekends, I need to be up and out fast. Cleo can take up some time style wise and I need to be able to have a cute style in little time.

I'll try and take some pics bc I truly luv how Cleo looks and behaves. Some days when I play with her curls, shr looks like a blossoming flower with curly vines
Other times she has this funky /edgy look to her. So, yeah I gotta show y'all bc I just adore this do!

Now, the compliment discussion - I think that just like with long hair, big hair is an attention getter. I get an uptick in compliments when she's straight too. I agree that the complete package(e
g. Clothes, accessories, makeup(or not) play a role as well. Depending on the outfit, I get complimented by certain types of men too. Its just interesting to me how one styles their hair can have an effect on how one is treated or how someone interacts with a person.

I've bern cowashing more. I dc'ed last weekend with It's a 10 Miracle Hair Mask. It was heavenly! Detangled eell and left my Cleo soft. I just did some pamper me stuff. My.hair is still very soft even.with the curl gel I use.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 63>
  Share Topic