BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 6:16pm
I see u Lady. I did check out my products and thought where do I purchase these items? Do I need to boycotting them since Trayvon's travesty of a trial went down. I work in the Crime Victim Service field and see crime and innocent folk getting killed or hurt or their lives irrevocably changed bc of crime erryday. So, being up in arms, on my soapbox ain't new for me.

We have to begin somewhere. We have to build our communities. We have to become economic heavy hitters (amongst other things). We have to learn how to consistently support our businesses (amongst other things). We need to keep this momentum going until effective, long lasting, impenetrable change occurs. As quiet as its kept, travesties like this and otherss involving INNOCENT BLACK FOLK happen all the time. All the time. Read the paper! Check out the blogs dedicated to our good, bad, and ugly. Its. The incidents are quite regular and frequent. Whereas, the awesome things that we do and accomplished are rately mentioned in.mainsteam media. Yeah, imma step down now.

Ritle-Skittle- yeah, that condish is a hair changer! I luv it! I have been wet bunning so far this week. Its bc of.that condish. I've been using it as a leave- in. I need to detangle with it in a few. I forgot I was supposed too form the buns and plait them to avoid the tangles, but I did the usuall. But, I just tested my hair with the wide toothed comb and it rebelled. Tangles are I'm there. But,I'm bunning and more aware of Cleo at night. I am extremely lazy- no-neglectful- at night. I don't remoisturize if she's still wet. Np more sealing. No scarf. Just bed. I treat her great on washday an in the am. No harm- majority of The time. Rarely - she unhappy or out her mind.

Gotta go and tend to her and the boy now. Ttyl.
Sponsored Links

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 9:03pm
@Luv-Duv Owhhh, Glad to read that the conditioner made your wet buns less of an issue, imagine if you hadn't used it and had to detangle brrrr.

Lousy night routines can make hair a pain in the butt to deal with in the morning(or simply add extra time to the morning routine, lol, Oh by the way, I found my satin scarf a few days ago when I wasn't looking for it, just staring at me like it never budged.)

Hope you've managed to get Cleo back to her regular self.

I didn't get to use mine as a leave in at the time but only because I wanted it to last longer, but it already had my hair feeling heavenly anyway. *sigh*

Well, nothing much to report over here except that I haven't been able to lay my hands on distilled water so I've purchased two big bottles of water to spritz my hair with, one from a brand I am familiar with, love the taste of it and used it on my hair already and in my facial steamer and a cheaper one that I figured I'd give a try.

By the way, about forgetting to plait the bun. Does your hair tangle when you roll it in to a bun too? My hair is more prone to tangles when taking down pull through buns but when rolled into a bun it's alright, the smooth back, roll and secure method basically.

I guess it's all a trial and error thing where bunning is concerned.
Plaited bun does sound good though and is a nice way to switch things up. I haven't done one in a loooooong time. Guess I should give it a try soon.

Edited by Ritle - Jul 20 2013 at 9:12pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 7:59am
Ritle-Skittle, I figured out my tangle issues- Cleo has grown! I thought about when was the last time I had tangly ends and the need to detangle so often before!? It was when she was moving from BSL to MBL
I can only speak for myself in regards to those who trim very rarely or not at all, when Cleo starts growing hardbody, the ends of my hair tangle and shed like nobodies business.

In one of my last posts, I had mentioned that Cleo felt thicker. She most definitely is. I usually gain thickness first and then length. Cleo usually uses the entire year to get her growth on. She usually rests in the cooler month, but erry now and again I get a Fall/Winter growth spurt and she goes back to resting (but the growth is percolating) . Usually by December or early January, she is at the goal I set for the yr. During the warmer months, she shows off with growth. She loves the every day wetting, humidity, cowashing and wet buns. She seems to thrive during Summer.

I know she's grown bc one night last week ( I believe it was the night of my last post), I decided to plait her up for the night bc I was tres sick if tangly ends(and hadn't had my aha moment). I did ten plaits on damp hair with my beloved Tressamae. I noticed that I HAD to plait almost, to the very end of the strand so it wouldn't unravel and then curl with a roller. When I took them down, I somewhat liked liked how it looked, but it didn't fall exactly how I wanted so I ended up doing some weird updo. I wad like- Whatever. Gotta get to work.Own it!

Last week was truly a hair hit or miss with me. Know what? I didn't even care. It was like they lucky I showed up today type week. My puffs are getting me bigger and I may do a puff comparison just bc right now that's a tickle me moment.

Ritle-Skitle- I can roll my buns somewhat, but bc of her thickness she can make that difficult. I have long fingers (I can palm a basketball) , but trying to keep her alll in.the roll is going to give me carpal tunnel! LOL! I have a variation of rollling. I do my usual bun forming, but I only wrap the rubberband once and she rolls. That actually cuts down on the tangles. Thanks, Ritle- Skittle for the reminder!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 9:13am
@LUv-Duv Owhhhh, makes sense. Yes my ends act like that too as they get older and lots of people will see that as time to trim, but if it weren't for my split ends, I'd still be hanging on to those tangly ends and not care.

And glad that Cleo's thriving, YOU GROW GIRL!WL here you come.

LOL... braids are such a tell tale sign, you keep braiding and braiding...and braiding and it doesn't seem to end.
That's why I rarely do braid outs even if it's only with a few braids.
10 of them.... girl you're brave, I think I only did that once or twice.

Good on that hair improv updo! And yea, sometimes you just don't have to care about your hair or you'll only stress yourself out. I've had those moments and some of those moments have been captured on camera, but at least I have enough "before" pictures.

Bigger puffs, must see........show me....

Owwwh, yea thick hair can be a pain to bun where some methods are concerned at times. If I want to be able to roll an easier bun I have to do it while it's freshly moisturized/damp, once it's dry...well ..I can do a half roll, which also has to do with the recent trim I guess.

Since you mention thickness of Cleo and the way you describe the way she acts when you try to fully roll a bun.
The more I learn about my hair the more I learn how moisture dictates volume for me. My hair is thick, but in it's own right, though it is heavy when it's wet.According to the ponytail test it's thick even when straightened but of course there will always be someone with thicker hair. Just might be you.

And glad I was able to remind you of an extra bunning option, perhaps the braided bun will now simply be an extra styling option instead of a "must bun this way or my hair will tangle too much" option. Yay you!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 3:38pm
Ritle-Skittle, I know a lot of ladies usually take the tangly ends as a sign to trim, but since I have been on the no- trim route, Cleo has a pattern. Tangly ends cause me to have to detangle more often. This ensures that I get all the tangled shed hairs out. I do this slowly and carefully so I'm not ripping the hair out. I usually do this over a few days or if I have time, I'll do it in one session. I also dc, cowash, and moisturize more focusing on the ends. I also seal my ends with heavier oils or grease. This end reggie helps me keep the tangles at bay and Cleo growing while eliminating the need for an immediate trim.

When I mention Cleo's thickness- its TRULY thick. I would say I have enough hair to share with two other peeps. No exaggeration. I can only work with her in her curly state whilst damp or wet. Sometimes when she's saturated with moisture, she can still be a handful. So, if she's being temperamental and wont bun, I'll just puff her and let her be.

I think the reason I haven't done the plaited bun bc in order to rock it my way, I need my ECO, which I have yet to purchase. The plaited bun calls for a.sleek. look. I can get somewhat similar results with grease, water and a scarf(BTW, glad u found yours. I lol'ed bc myy scarf hides in plain sight too). So, I may try tonight bc I plan on cowashing.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 4:57pm
I guess if I'm going to do a puff comparison, I need to take some puff pixs. I told y'all a long time ago how I am with pix taking. Plus, being tired, overworked and blah isn't the best time for pixs
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 5:18pm
Last post( I think, - LOL) ... I have to do at least 10 plaits or I will have REALLY BIG plaitouts. The more plaits the.more contained Cleo is. 10 plaits gives me medium big hair. It looked so pretty and Simba- like, but one side would not fall right! I tried to make it work, but nooo, she wouldn't - so weird updo ftw!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 7:03pm
Yea I am back on the "only if you really have to" snip and other than that I'll leave it up to shedding. If your ends are taken care of you'll retain growth without your ends looking like "¿ Y u no trim ?".
The trim police can sit themselves down.
Saw this video of someone trimming perfectly good looking ends, no splits, didn't even look old... and it was an HD close up video too. Couldn't be me unless I'm looking for new hair cut..
Ugh ....I guess I am length obsessed. That's what scissor trauma does to you.

And as for Cleo's thickness, I believe you. And yea sometimes a puff is the way to go, especially a bananaclip puff can give it that extra oomph.

I guess I just have a lot of hair strands and the way I wear my hair will determine just how thick it will be.

Don't worry about the pic taking, when I do take pics I take loads, but there are plenty of occasions that I simply can not and will not be bothered. In fact, I've been using my phone cam, though I was supposed to sort the batteries of my digital camera to go out to shoot pictures... not necessarily of myself... but..yea, basically it's all good, you'll come around whenever you do.

And owh ECO as in Eco styler gel, the hold of that stuff was amazing and had such a special kind of feel to it, a little went such a long way.... did not leave my hair crunchy at all.I miss it. I did have to distribute it perfectly though or it would dry in the most hideous way.
Glad I always rubbed it in my hands first.

And yea I think you're right about a sleek look doing the plaited bun more justice. Since you mention grease I always felt Let's Jam had a greasy substance...though they call it a gel, I think it's gel meets grease lol... or HairJello. Haven't used those in a long time though.

Getting somewhat similar results with grease water and a scarf? Don't think twice, just do it then.
Hope it works out the way you want it to.
And lol @your scarf hiding in plain sight too. I guess it's a scarf thing. LOL. Curious to hear how the plainted bun turned out.

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 7:07pm
And yes... the more plaits the more defined, that's true.
I often end up settling for less when I can't be bothered.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 5:20pm
Lol...well I did more than 10 braids, 14 to be exact (counted them after i was done). Washed and moisturized my hair this morning, but at the end of the day it felt dry, so I spritzed with water and added a bit of gel and figured I'd do some braids.

I started out with a twist and figured I might do twists(as a style and then for a twist out) while watching tv, but I was like, no way, no body got time for that, unraveled the twist and braided it. I twirled the ends around my finger, no way I was going to braid to the bottom. Funny how things can go while improvising.

LOL... the curlhand is way strong, I am looking at some braids and they are curling at the bottom. Can't be bothered to add hair elastics to the ends...though I probably should unless I want the shrinkage hand to become stronger.

That's all for now, will put the satin scarf over them for the night and unravel them in the morning.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 63>
  Share Topic