Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 5:20pm
Hey ladies

Oh by the way Luv Cleo is looking gorgeous on the picture.(Thought I had said that already, but with BHM and it's errors being way strong I probably gave up on adding whatever I felt I needed to add. I literally had to try nine times if not more, oh my goodness.)

As for my hair.

So I've been rocking side buns this week.

I decided to give my hair a bit of moisture love(No not a DC, just damped my hair with a spritz bottle of water and added some gel) and went for a sleeker more defined bun look.

Sleek side bun:

I'll have to see if I can get around doing a proper DC with the plans I've made and things I need to get done this weekend.

Wishing you ladies a great weekend in advance.
Sponsored Links

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 6:22pm
Hey Ritle- Skittle! U indeed gave Cleo luv! Those error msgs blow me! I luved how well she looked and behaved! It was soo Summery Chic!!

Ummm....Ritle-Skittle, I must say I LUV ya SLEEK SIDE BUN! Now, I am partial to a sleek bun, but I started embracing my frizzy buns last Summer especially after falling in luv with messy buns and maxi dresses. But, Ritle...that bun, those waves , that sleekness, that bling...AWESOME! Your color is just POPPIN! LUV IT! LUV IT!!!

Today was a chill mode day. Literally stayed in bed most of the day. Only got up to feed the boy and I and wash dishes. I had a fun packed Fourth! I rocked Cleo in a bun with a cute halter dress and hoops. Hubby luved the look. He said I looked so light, breezy, and pretty. Here's a pic:

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 6:39pm
Oh, I forgot I think I want to straighten Cleo. Yeah, its hot. Yeah, she may revert,but I wanna( whining)!   Its all the straight weave (round here) and Kim Kimble and House of Curves! I may blow her out tomorrow. Maybe.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 7:04am
I see them ripples you got on Cleo pulled back Luv-Duv. And love what I can see from the halter dress, the bun goes so well with it, you go girl.

Thanks so much for your compliment .

I am also a sucker for messy buns and the likes, but in this case the sleeker bun looked better with what I was wearing and it's easier for me to create a shape in the bun when that part of the hair is more moisturized, though I do love the extra volume of the frizzy bun.

And yes I know what you mean with summery chic. Hair out of your face and put together nicely.

Glad you had a great 4th.

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 7:55am
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Oh, I forgot I think I want to straighten Cleo. Yeah, its hot. Yeah, she may revert,but I wanna( whining)!   Its all the straight weave (round here) and Kim Kimble and House of Curves! I may blow her out tomorrow. Maybe.

Awww I understand, it's a whole different look and feeling(brushing on shoulders/against back).
And wearing out it's true length just gives it something, just like it would if it were to curl to that length.
Plus the ability to swing it around to a certain point.
I'm just a sucker for length I guess.
Man...if my hair reaches that length in it's curly state, I'll probably be swinging it all day .

As for me I will have to do a proper DC before I can even think about doing that. But with the back to back summer days approaching it is tempting to just go for it. Plus it will give me a chance to give myself a proper trim as my ends are better visible when my hair is straight as my hair is different lengths and some shorter strands curl along with the longer strands. While my hair is wet I cannot see split ends and when my hair is dry, the search and destroy method of knot chasing and the likes is just chaotic.

Oh to switch the topic for a moment, I do have to be careful with certain bunstyles by the way, yesterday my ends curled around the hair band and I had to detangle them off gently not to loose to much length on the curls that did that, I mean literally wrapped around a few times, (like what?), a small bit remained tightly clamped on the hair band but just a teenie bit thank goodness.

Also forgot to mention before that I experienced a bit of breakage as I was combing the ponytail before re-bunning in to a sleeker style, but that might have to do with some single strand knots toward the end of some strands and the breakage might be the ends broken off from the knots, I did make sure to spritz some more water on there though. I hardly ever detangle while dry but I thought I had spritzed it well enough. Something else that occurred to me though is that perhaps the frizzy bun had been way too dry, I did notice that some sections of hair required more spritzing. Either way, time for me to step up on my hair game again if I want to retain length I guess.

But back to the topic, make sure you post them pics of straight Cleo when it's about that time. I bet she's longer now too.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 6:46pm
Hey Ritle-Skittle- I'm glad that your mindful and aware of ya hair while bunning. What type of band are u using? How moisturized is your ponytail before you twirl, roll or form ur bun? I only ask bc like you said ya hair was drier which resulted in ya hair tangling around the band. I have experienced that and to some degree still do. But, its usually 2-3 curls in the band bc of the amount of moisture still in Cleo. If she's dry, I loose more.

I also experienced more dryness with the frizzy bun too. In my case, its bc I don't use as much product, mostly water and I smooth Cleo with my hands vs. My boar bristle brush. I usually have enough leave ins to just refresh with water. But, I know it won't be the usual moisture level bc I'm not adding more leave in like I would usually.

Gurl, u hit it on the head in regards to one of the reasons I'm contemplating straightening Cleo- feeling her on my back, feeling the wind blow her all about. But, this heat is stifling and Cleo is heavy. All I would do is end up bunning her or clawing her up. All that prep time- just to put her up? Not feeling. I wish she was the same length curly as she is straight. But, she's not. So, I just appease myself with doing some stretched styles. Plus, I luv big hair, so sometimes that's a great substitute for straightening. So, Cleo is back in a bun where she will be.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2013 at 7:36am
Hey Luv-Duv,

Oops I said hair band, but meant to say hair elastic.
I never use those with metal.

Decided to google an image of the type of hair elastics I have:

Well the little tangly mishap happened with the sleek bun, so my hair did get enough moisture at that time.

I was still surprised by the way it was wrapped around though.

And yep the frizzy bun is most def. a dry happening (well yea it wouldn't be as frizzy if it were properly moisturized lol), plus to be honest I didn't really take a moment to properly refresh/remoisturize my hair which resulted in some parts being dryer than others. I always have to pay extra attention to the crown though, so that part looking like the odd one out in my hair was a reminder to not neglect that part again lol.

As for straight Cleo not happening, I can imagine. I wouldn't straighten my hair either if I only planned to wear it up anyway.
And yea... we're just going to have to do with what we have if we want to rock our own hair.

I am not sure which way I am going to wear my hair this coming week. Guess I'll just go with the flow. Perhaps try a style I haven't done (often) or something... hmmm... will see.

leeforsteven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leeforsteven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 7:19am
Rose water improves the blood circulation in the scalp. Regular use of rose water can also promote hair growth. Rose water is also a very good hair conditioner and revitalizes the hair. It can also help in reducing inflammations. Rosewater is also your scalp’s best friend because of its ability to soothe, heal and increase blood circulation. You can see more on
http://beauty.organicxbenefits.com/rose-water-hair-care/ - http://beauty.organicxbenefits.com/rose-water-hair-care/
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 5:55am
Hey Ritle-Skittle, I:ve had the same tangle issue with wet buns too. But, I usually just have a few hairs tangled in my band. I actually use rubberbands. Yeah, I know a lot of folk shun them, but they give me the stretch I need. Cleo is too thick for anything else. I used to dip them an olive oil to combat hair from being tangled, but not anymore. When Cleo is properly moisturized, I loose the same small amount of hairs from it tangling on the band. But, if I leave her in too long w/o remoisturizing and she's allowed to dry, I loose a lot more.

I I've been rocking Cleo in a bun. I have a short work weekn.. I was off yesterday and today per my doctor.bc I'm getting ready for a minor surgery. So, bunning has been the way to go. But, Cleo's been acting funky. She's been spoiled with being out. So, she's been giving me a hard row to hoe. I so didn't like how she behaved on Mon and Tuesday. Monday I was dead tired I think I got too much rest over the holiday weekend that I couldn't sleep Sunday. So, Monday, I was a walking zombie. So, my bun looked like I said- Whatever - which I literally did say! LOL!

On yesterday, she looked decent, but not her best. But, I didn't care too much bc I was being poked and prodded anyway. I did notice that my crown area was drier than the rest of Cleo- so I broke out my ol faithful Tresemme Moisture Rich Condish, ran my fingers down the length and throughout my hair and bunned her. She felt better, but the bun was just meh.

I also think Cleo has grown. I won't know officially until I do my length check in the fall. But, the last couple of times I was in the shower, I noticed that the hair that that is a looser texture in the front which frames both sides of my face actually gets in my way as the water weighs it down. When I'm washing my throat it always sticks and ends up soapy. I literally can throw that hair behind my shoulder to get it out the way.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 6:28am
Oh, there's more...LOL! I definitely know that she has thickened up too. When I do an occasional scalp massage- it truly feels like a jungle in there. She's already helluva thick, but even moreso. So, I hope to be pleasantly surprised come fall.

I'm going to either cowash or dc today. 1. I don't like how Cleo smells. I used Crisco to seal my Its A 10 BB Balm and I don't think they play nice together. Although Crisco doesn't really have an odor when I've used it with other products- it does with Its a 10. I know its this combo bc that's all I used this week. Oh, I lie, I did use Kenra's Extra Hold(NOT) Gel too. 2. She doesn't feel as moisturized and my ends feel drier when I take the bun down or if it starts to come undone. So, she needs some tlc.

Funny experience to share- I work in a rather large office building, so I meet a lot of folk who work in different depts. There's a cool lady with about SL blonde locs. We sometimes talk hair when we see each other. So, me, my PR friend(who cut her MBL hair to SL this Spring) and Blondie were talking when we see another lady that we talk to. She had did the BC and dyed her hair a nice copper color. We all told her how much we luved it!

So, we're getting on the elevator and Blondie says- I luv her hair! Gurl, (talking to me) if you ever cut ya hair I would most definitely ask what's going on bc I don't expect you to ever cut all that hair off! I LOL 'ed and agreed. She asked me if I cut or trim my hair. I told her that its been 2 yrs since my last trim. She said- why? I told her that most folk believe a trim is a cut and I rarely wear my hair straight, so I don't trim as often. She said- you know cutting ya hair makes ya hair grow. I said- no, it does not. She says- ya ends are dead and need to go bc they stop ya growth. I decided to just end that convo and was happy that me and my girl were on our floor so we said bye and got off.

Ummm...your hair grows out of your scalp not the ends. So, I laugh inside when folk say cutting makes ya hair grow bc it doesn't. Trimming is an aesthetic thing (imo) Cutting is for styling. I'm not interested in either right now. I've said that once I reach WL, I'll get her trimmed for neatness. But, who knows. I've always had an aversion to 'trimming' since I was little bc my Momma always ended up cutting. I'm good.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 63>
  Share Topic