Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 63>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2013 at 5:00pm
Sounds like we ALL had GREAT hair weeks! Unexpected compliments and inspiration for others!

@ Nay- Girl, ya hair is a LIFE GIVER!! I luv Ritle-Skittle's suggestion of Mystique. Ya hair has an aura of mystery. Ya braiding skills are tight. As we know, most braided styles mask our true length. So, when she's straight - BAM! The mystery is revealed - she does have hair. But, then some question - Is it all hers/ Once agin, ya hair's MYSTIQUE got folk wondering and talking!

@ Ritle-Skittle- Aww!! Lookatchu inspiring and helping! I luv ya pics. I especially luv ya side bun! You know I luv me some buns!!

Well, after a week full of overlapping gel and curl enhancing products, I had to wash Cleo. I had to shampoo her bc I knew there was buildup. She's almost dry, so. I'll dc on dry hair for a few hrs and cowash. I think next week will be a bun week.

I rec'd so many compliments on Cleo(Ritle-Skittle- I tried to post pics in this thread but bhm ate them. There over in the WL thread).. this week! My outfits and hair just flowed together. So, I was just had a Me Luv Affair. But, the luv was so nice and unexpected.
Sponsored Links

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2013 at 5:34pm
My hair in puff for the week.

Edited by naynay455 - Jun 29 2013 at 5:36pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2013 at 7:58am
^^^@Nay- The scenery, hair and outfit just flows seemlessly! Luv it! You and your hair look so Summer Chic! I luv it! I hope Mystique is a contender in the Name ya Hair Thoughts!

Well, between work and the boys, Luv has been dog tired. I am glad I gave Cleo a good wash bc when I took her down she was funky. Hubby, who stays up in my head, said he didn't smell her. But, she was.

I luv the One n Only Argan Daily Leave In Conditioner for moisturizing. But, it smells like roasted monkey butt. So, I always use something else sweet to mask that butt smell.

So, I ended up falling asleep with an 88% dried Princess Leah styled Cleo. So, I knew I'd be dealing with a dry ass Cleo in the am. No tangles- just dry. So, I slathered and finger combed Kenra Platinum Reparative Condish and my last full squirts of Its A 10 Miracle Deep Condish(on the ends), rebunned the buns and topped off with a conditioning cap. So, I'll get a 2nd cup of Joe and start housework and then shower and cleanse Cleo.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2013 at 12:41pm
@Luv-Duv

Sure did, glad I was able to work with it while being versatile.

I was glad to be able to allow her to feel better about her hair. Children are so vulnerable to things that are said but even more to things that aren't said.

Awwww that sucks that your post was eaten. Glad at least the pics are around to see in another thread because it sucks when time is wasted.
I will check them out in the other thread.

Thanks girl, that was also my favorite style of the week, though I didn't get to rock it as much.

Hope Cleo will be back to her moisturized self after the DC. Buildup can be annoying.

Ah back to the buns! And you know, pics or it didn't happen.

And I fully co-sign with you on Nay's braiding skills, those braid styles were the bomb and are forever etched in my Fabulous braid styles memory.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2013 at 12:43pm
Oh hold up.... new posts!

Nay you go girl with that pic!Gorgeous!
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2013 at 11:27pm
THANKS LADIES,

As for the hair naming I was leaning toward mystique, but while I was on my way home from church today I noticed a gentleman's club in town by the name of mystique. And now the Christian in me wont allow me to name my hair that.

Then instantly the perfect name popped in my head, "Essence" so ladies I officially dub my tresses the name Essence! !!!!!!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2013 at 3:26pm
@Luv-Duv Hope Cleo feels like her regular self again now after the love you've given her. I don't even want to know what roasted monkey butt smells like , but thanks to you I now know it will not smell good at all. Not that I'm in to exotic foods like that anyway.

@Nay That's a nice name for your hair. Lol... I can imagine not wanting to associate your hair to a gentleman's club(And I can not stand the fact that I am old enough to know that a gentleman's club is not visited by gentleman....), so I can't blame you at all.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 6:04pm
LOL @ Ritle- Skittle!!! Girl, I imagine roasted monkey butt gots to smell like that Argan cream! I think chaperoning the boy's field trip to the zoo sealed the deal that it indeed smells like roasted monkey butt!
Smh and agreeing ain't no gentlemen up in there!

@Nay- I totally understand! I mean ya hair is a classy sensual thang- not no skripper- LOL! Essence is very befitting of your mane. Cleo and I LUV her!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 6:25pm
Ooooh, ok, ok,ok!! I had to share!
Ok, yesterday, I wore a side bun. Wasn't feeling it bc- 1. I need to get mo' eco bc it gives me the hold I luv and 2. Bc of #1 it looked off. But, I had commited to this being a bun week. .

Well this am, I decided to do my stacked bun/ puff thingy. So, I wet Cleo, took some Its a 10 BB and spritz Fekkai Summer Hair- Beach Waves Spray on the ends! Ladies, look @ Cleo! She looks wet, but she's not! Look at these curls and waves! Luv it, luv it, luv it!!

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2013 at 6:55pm
Look at Cleo looking all moisturized and wet but isn't wet :P.
Don't you just love when ends stick together(well not stick together like icky hair LOL... but stick together like... kumbaya hair LOL)?
Thanks for sharing the pic Luv-Duv!

As for me I wore a side bun again today, I just felt like I needed to rock that style again today. It didn't look as good as it did that other day, but it worked so I'm good. My bun looked fluffy and did had to deal with fly away hair at the bottom that isn't long enough to fully join the side pony, but nothing either the mini hair brush (a.k.a. toothbrush that is used solely for hair) or my finger couldn't handle.

It was raining on my way home and I was glad that I did not have to worry about my hair. Instead the only worry I had were my clothes because there was this one time that I was wearing yellow tights and it rained and when the wet spots dried it made my tights look dirty. I was absolutely not pleased, but with these darker tights and the way they are made I had less worries. Just more coming home wet and having to battle risks of getting the cold. But I digress.

I don't really have hair news at the moment, except that I am yet to deep condition, just been keeping my hands in my hair even when putting it in to the same style, just to stay on the safe side where tangles forming are concerned.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style