Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 61>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 5:40am
@Nay Yea, now if water can fully see my side of things and whatever I use sealing it in can too, my hair and skin will never ever have an issue ever.

Glad you had some kick butt moments with your hair.
Must have felt good to leave the house a certain way and continue to look like that all day. In the end that's really the thing we appreciate the most, a little bit of predictability while wearing it in an out style.
And must have felt even better to receive the acknowledgement.

Sorry for the girl that has been stuck at a certain length for years though. It can be so hard when you don't know where to begin or worse yet, what you're doing wrong so you can change that. Hope whatever tips you gave her will help or that in time she will find some help online or offline. It's different if keeping it short is what she wants, which obviously isn't the case.

As for me ladies, my scalp is telling me it's time to wash, so the puff will be going today.
Sponsored Links

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 4:50pm
And back to curls I am.

I washed my hair and conditioned with the hello hydration conditioner.
Haven't deep conditioned as yet. Will give it a mayonnaise or yogurt hair mask treatment soon. Just couldn't be bothered this evening.

Took a little bit to get it re hydrated as it felt a bit dry, which made sense as the grape seed oil had been keeping the moisture out and I guess I didn't lock enough moisture in to begin with.
But that quickly changed so it was all good.

I think I added the grape seed oil a bit too early...and too much...ugh..... no I KNOW I've used to much, don't know what possessed me to use a full bottle cap, but awe well.

Eventually I combed through it and put it in two braids to leave in overnight once I hit the sack and hopefully give the grape seed oil a chance to work in properly.

Might give wrapping a try somewhere this week as I am curious to what the outcome will be. Bought some hair clamps to make things a bit easier on myself. Always saw those youtube videos with them and they can secure more hair than hair pins can. Will still add some hair pins, but you get the point I guess,lol.

Also purchased some more conditioners today for those days when I want my hair to smell magnificent. Figured I might as well before they change the ingredients again. Decided to give the ends nourishing conditioner a try, so only bought one from that one. It supposedly strengthens the hair strands, will see about that.

I am now reminiscing about the vo5 conditioners I had tried overseas,the strawberry ones smelled sooooo nice.But they don't sell those here.

Awe well....

Went and bought the shears today by the way, didn't get around to trimming as yet though. It was impossible to do in puff mode and once wet it was hard to find split ends which I have seen around here and there, so I think I might dust around tomorrow.

So my to-do list on hair stuff is complete for now.
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 6:44pm
@ Nay- Rock on, Girlie!! That hair is flyyyyyy!!! I luv when elders appreciate the natural too bc they rocked it before us! Plus, I just luv older folks! Their stories are priceless!

Gurl, its something about big, healthy hair that gets folk to drooling and asking questions. I'm glad that the young lady felt comfortable enough to ask u how to help her mane. That's truly a testament to how well you take care of yours!

@Ritle-Skittle- Oh, how I heart your hangtime in that pic! I wish Cleo wouldn't shrink up to my ears! But, I luv her. But, still ...

So, ya pampered ya girl and look at how she looks? All healthy and curly! Oh, u got ya shears! I'm so over trimming for right now. Its been two yrs and I don't plan on it til I hit WL or longer. I know every head is different, so I'm only speaking on Cleo.

I feel u on the sweet smelling condishes! I need to do a cowash soon, but Cleo has been doing well with daily watering, but I'll do one this weekend.

I didn't do the mohawk thingy. I thought Cleo would.cooperate this am for a high bun. But, noooo, she fought me tooth and nail. It appears that she is preferring the high bun towards the front of my head that I rocked all weekend. So, I rocked it again today. I had a lil model spring in my step too. I realized it when I walked pass my reflection in the window! Had to give my damn self the nod of approval! LOL!

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 8:08pm
@Luv-Duv Thanks girl

Pampered indeed, even threw in an apple cider vinegar rinse with cold water to make sure I really removed whatever build up was lurking about.

I understand not really being too fond of shrinkage.

Shrinkage can be a beast indeed, my hair shrinks up to whatever it feels like. It's been hard to document some progress, it's like, you think you've made progress but you aren't sure till it's been fully stretched.

I have this feeling that once I trim shrinkage is probably going to be a beast.

Awe well...

LOL, I was so over trimming too, but in my case with these neglected split ends it's about that time. I realized I might have caused it by using regular scissors the last time(which was months ago) though they were quite sharp as well.

After that since I know how to take much better care of my hair now, I have a feeling I will be seeing less of those in the future. At least one can hope.

Ah the almost forehead bun, haven't done one of those in ages!

You go girl with your nod of approval!

I won't believe you unless you can present us with photographic evidence of this superflyness though.

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 9:15pm
@ luv, thanx hun. I guess I didn't clarify my statement enuff it was and elder of the church as in a title like minister, not and elderly person but I get u got me over here SMH....

@ ritle ur hair looks good girl ans well moisturized to. I agree with luv wish mine didn't go as hard as it do with the shrinkage.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:07pm
@Nay Thanks :-D , awww I understand, I feel the same about those with more hang time than I do with the same length. Only plus side is that I can still get my "I'm your baby tonight" vintage Whitney Houston era on where hair length is concerned while it's dry. , but other than that, I would luurve it's true length to show even more without having to stretch it, but c'est la vie.

Well ladies,

Wash day is always challenging where retaining moisture is concerned since moisturizing for me is best done on damp hair , so it's usually best to have my wash days on weekends and not on a weeknight so I can have it air dry properly.

My hair dryer is being evil so I had to stop because I was chicken for something to happen, so I will either have to buy a new one or improvise. Though I thought my hair was dry when I went to take down the two braids, I noticed the insides were a little wet still but the braid out was still quite defined though.

And silly me already added oil... too much of it as you were able to read before, ughhh... but I will see what I can do where adding moisture to some areas is concerned. See...I just had this thought about "Owh no problem, I will just spritz the effected areas and refresh it." and then realized that the moisture is already sealed in by the oil which means no more moisture can come in,LOL... hence my silly me comment.

Some areas in my hair feel like they could use a bit more moisture.
Of course my mullet in the back is like "whatchu talkin bout, we're good."... while the rest of my hair is divided, hairs are like: "I'm thirsty, more moisture...", "Girl you had the same amount of moisture as I did and I'm not thirsty", "Water...water...." , "I'm feelin' moisturized", "Thir....sty..." , "Lalalalala" ...

So yea.... lol.

It's difficult to tell sometimes though, if it's really in need of more moisture in some areas or if it is feeling dryer in an area because the hair is separated in some places and the strands actually are properly moisturized, just not clumped together and since some strands are not clumped perhaps it feels differently. Plus the hair overall will also behave differently where rolling it into a bun is concerned, it can only roll to an extent.

I love getting behind the cause of things and being able to explain things.

Plus now I really will be able to break down what method of moisturizing will work for certain styles and which styles are best left to moisturizers that also can function as styling products.

Excuse my musing ways though, unless you enjoy it, in which case, I apologize for nuffin'.

Edit: LOL I'm just going to spritz my hair in some areas with diluted conditioner, put two braids in it for the evening to revisit the braid out tomorrow and call it a night, hahaha.
I'm always over thinking things, tssss... (Welcome to just a fraction of my thoughts about a fraction of a subject..... you do not want to know what it's like in my mind, hahahaha)

If I didn't remotely make sense and if the thoughts were still in my mind and not already typed, I'd drastically cut back on words, hahaha.
Awe well... at least some can relate. Perhaps a lurker can relate as well and be like "I thought I was the only one!".

Ok time for me to stop typing now.

Edited by Ritle - Jun 25 2013 at 4:42pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2013 at 6:49pm
@ Nay- oops...elder of the church ... my bad! LOL! I remember when I first wore my hair natural to my church home, all the older members who basically saw me grow up were amazed. They had a new pastor so he was wondering who everyone was fawning over. We shook hands and he told me that he really dug my hair.

@ Ritle-Skittle- I hear you on trying to decipher and make sure ya hair is properly and fully moisturized, specifically after straight hair.

I know that after straightening Cleo, she tends to be 1. Drier and 2. Takes a lot of moisture to feel normal. Now, I attribute this to- a. I don't moisturize as often as I do when I'm straight vs curly. I can't bc it will revert majorly and be a waste of a press. I can also say that my hair luvs moisture with equal small amounts of mild to moderate protein on a regular. Cleo will react when she doesn't get her fix.

b. Since she's not getting her regular dose and frequency of moisture, when wash time comes around, I xan feel the difference and it takes longer to get her feeling right. Some suggest that if you dc propely beforehand, you should be good. Well, I do an overnight dc before and she feels awesome and well moisturized prior to blowdrying and straightening. She also feels and look normal once when she's completely dry. So, I can safely state that its a moisture issue.

But, I have found two products that Cleo responds immediately and heavenly!!!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2013 at 7:46pm
My post just disappeared. Arrgh! It was long - I just caont.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 5:44am
For the first time someone referring to me said that my hair was giving them life and not the other way around I'm usually the one to be thinking that about someone's hair. It's exciting to finally be on the receiving end. So proud of my hair I'm gonna have to finally name her.
Any ideas ladies?
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2013 at 11:11pm
I have been enjoying side puffs this week after a braid out and a neat side bun today, transformed from a side puff that I was rocking earlier today.
Despite some shrinkage making my side puff less impressive, day three of rocking side puffs went great, got compliments. And aww, there was this girl that wanted hair like mine (hers was straight) I thanked her for her compliment and I told her that her hair is beautiful too. After she was saying how she would want her hair to curl a bit, I gave her some tips on how she can make her straight hair curl a bit by braiding it to sleep with overnight so she can have zig zag curls when she unravels them(wanted to keep it as simple as possible) and she said she'd ask her step mom since she's from Brazil and might be able to braid it for her. So now she has an extra way to wear her hair.

LOL this young girl I know asked if she could play in my hair but I told her that wouldn't be an option as I had gotten it just the way I wanted it and wasn't going to have anything else done with it hahaha.

@Luv-Duv Good tips.Reading that, now I know I need to DC for sure.
It's great for big hair looks but in the long run I'm going to have to give it a bit more moisture if I want to do my hair justice.
Will see if I can be bothered giving it some extra tlc this weekend.

Sorry about your long post gone ghost. That sucks. :(

@Nay Awww that's nice, it's always great to receive a compliment, glad you are finally getting some recognition for something you already knew but just needed reaffirmed so that you would finally acknowledge that your hair is gorgeous.

As for some name suggestions: Beauty....Bodecia ... Foxy....Mystique...Princess...

Oh yea and before I forget to share ladies, hair styles from this (I think this has been the most versatile so far where hair is concerned)week:

Braid out

Side puff

Side bun

Feel free to share yours if you were able to take any pics!

Edited by Ritle - Jun 28 2013 at 11:12pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System