BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 6:57am
@Nay- Straight up hotness!! From the top of that lush mane to the soles of those fire red pumps!! LUV IT!!!! HOW'D U DO THAT STYLE? U LOOK RADIANT AND SEXY! . ITS JUST SEEPING OUT OF YOU!! LUV IT!

Well yesterday was dress down day @ work, but I just toned it down. My coworker requested that I wear Cleo out, so here goes:

I had been feening to wear this headband bc its so pretty and whimsical. I had a young lady that I see in passing in my building kindly ask if Cleo was all mine. I told her yes. She said that I must have hair down to my butt. Not yet. LOL!

After work, the boy and I went to the park to play Secret Agents. Several cars stopped to watch and give Cleo the thumbs up! Totally flattered! I also had a nice lady who works in my building tell me and show me tjat I favor her relative. We do somewhat and she has gorgeous locs!

Here's another workflow look I was digging. My favv color- all black-

Sponsored Links

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 5:50pm
@ luv u r the sweetest gonna make me blush. Thank u, I think I might wanna rock my hair like this all summer

But I just did cocoon curls following naptural85's tutorial on chunky twist on remoistured hair via spray bottle.

This is what it looked like before I seperated it.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 8:19pm
^^^ So lush, healthy and shiny!! Luv it? How do you maintain it at night? Do you have to retwist every night, every three days or...? Imma check it out. I wonder if the look could be achieved with plaits?

I have no clue how I wanna style Cleo for next week. I'm toying around with a plaitout mohawk, but nor the usual way of doing a mohawk. I may make three ponytails stacked on one another. Then make two plaits out of each section. I'm thinking in my mind's eye that it'll be reminiscent of a banana clip style. Just thinking out loud.

One of my clear male coworkers said that I'm always changing my hair that he has to make sure that it's me. He said it always looks nice. I LOL 'ed.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 11:02pm
AS if ya'll haven't had enuff of my pics, here is how I wore my hair today!!!

@ luv I wrap it up at night using the pineapple method. Gather my hair up in a high loose pony wrap the scarf around the edges tie it then take the pony out from the top. In the morning I just take the scarf off and shake.n fluff.n go. Here is a pic and I throw my bonnet over the top. First time trying this method and its working like a charm.

Edited by naynay455 - Jun 22 2013 at 11:18pm
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 4:18am
Before I reply to anything else I have to comment on the blessed amount of Hair pics!!!!

LOOKING ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS NAY AND LUV!!!!!

I will either edit this post along the way to add or I will post something separate.

And do not worry I for one could never grow sick of a healthy amount of healthy hair pics.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 6:01am
Originally posted by fadedjeans15 fadedjeans15 wrote:

@Ritle, I feel like my straightened natural hair will not last ( about two days) so I feel like theres no  point in straightening it. Also i love liquid/creamy moisturizers on my hair and I cant put it on when its flat ironed. Natural hair problems Cry. The back of my hair has a 4c texture to it and it is a pain to handle. I really do not like natural hair styles right now so I thinking about texlaxing so I can straighten it easier. Thanks for replying to me.

You're welcome, I co-sign with what Luv said.
Also, wrapping your hair at night after straightening and putting a satin scarf on it or a good thick hair net.
That will preserve the wrap overnight so that when you unwrap it it's still as smooth (or even smoother) and will make the style last longer without having to apply extra heat.

Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

@Lady- Thanks, Hun, but why I gotta be a biga$$? LOL! J/k.

@faded jeans- what's ur straightening technique and products that u use?   It maybe a technique issue or product issue that 's impeding u from having a longer press. How long is ya girl? It could be a length issue that makes ya buns look less full. Do u have fine strands? That could also play a role in ya buns too. But, if u are thinking more of textlaxing- there's a lot of info on the board.

@Ritle- Awww, I'm glad u avoided a drenchful situation. At least he apologized. .. at least
I hope the weather holds up so u can keep on pressing on!
Have fun with ya colleagues!

Well, the plaitout was a 1 day do bc of the rain. I'm rockin a stacked puff. Me and Hubby had movie date night yesterday. Usually I take my hair down when we go to the movies. But, I wasn't in the caring mood for other patrons. We found seats all the way at the top, so we were good.

Yea I'm glad he apologized and that the bucket wasn't full and he gets a pass for being slightly mentally challenged(he's 15 but is younger in some aspects), so it's good that he at least understood that he shouldn't have done it, would've been great if he had realized before, but baby steps.

Girl, I put my hair in two braids overnight and though it was more poofy because it was wet before, it was looking alright to wear down, so I didn't even bother adding styling products or washing it as yet to fully revert it and wore it out.
But then rain came and humidity and half of my hair turned into a curly fro so I ended up putting it in a side ponytail to look presentable for dinner time(rain had stopped but it was humid out on the terras) as I had a bananaclip in my bag just in case and hair elastics in case the banaclip broke LOL(have to be prepared for anything hahaha)

The outing was fun, thanks, though the boat trip was cancelled because of the rain the trip to the former courthouse turned into museum was fun, especially the architecture and interior and the guide was excellent.
We ended the outing with a visit to a pavilion restaurant near the water where we could choose from any cold drink to start off(or warm for whomever decided), followed by the most exquisite Italian buffet topped off with a fresh mango icecream(you could taste that it was most likely custom made) on a slender cone(which was delicious and could've been custom made but doesn't have to be.) and we ended the evening with a warm beverage, which in my case was a cappuccino with a perfectly dense layer of foamed milk.

This is what my hair looked like on Tuesday:

Interesting thing to note, when I initially put it in two braids to create a wavy style I HAD to secure them with hair elastics or they'd unravel, but once it had gotten wet the day after lol...I didn't need to secure them that's how I knew that though the oil helped for it not to poof with the quickness, that it had reverted a bit.
And though it did unravel a bit once I re-braided them, I knew the time was coming to say hello to my curls again.

I don't have any pic from that day though, nor do I have a before pic from the day of the company outing, but just imagine a thick head of waves.

This is what my hair looked like once I got home from the company outing, picture is blurry but at least you get an idea of how much it poofed:

I wore it in a side pony on Friday as well. Did not wash it as yet, I'm enjoying the poof while it lasts, by the way the puff feels so soft, never has felt like this before, trying to find the words to describe it to fellow hair-touch-ists, but to make a potentially long story short, grape seed oil is a winner for me, my hair loves it.

And lol@you(Luv) having up your hair without a care(mood) for others at the cinema, awe well, at least you found a good seat in the back .

Sorry your style didn't last because of rain.

The weather doesn't know what it wants here, so I guess I'm going to just wash my hair and rock the curls again....after I'm done having my hands in my hair, I'm loving the puff.

Edited by Ritle - Jun 23 2013 at 6:15am
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 8:24am
@luv, im loving ur puff and ur shrinkage is absolutely bananas! !!!

@ritle, LMBO @ the just in case banana clip and elastics just in case the banana clip broke. That is so true, oh gosh the struggles of a natural girl's life.

If wear wear a banana clip I have to us a hair tie to wrap around the clasp because other wise its to much hair to snap and hold in place. The clip wound just go flying around the room. SMH
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 9:18am
@ Nay- Gurl, u know we want the pics, so be vain!!! I LUV THAT BOW!!! SO ADORABLE!! I figured u pineappled @ night but wanted to hear it from u. I absolutely adore this style on you! The bigness!! The curliness! The health! I'm just drooling over here!

@ Ritle-Skittle- I LUV those beach waves. Sooo pretty and feminine! The light reflects off ya hair so prettifully! Ya outing sounded divine and tasty too! LOL!

Long live the ever prepared natural! LOL! Water can be our enemy with a straight style, but come to the rescue too! I guess ya mindset plays a huge part in it too. If you're dependent or prefer straight hair, then you most likely would be po'ed if it poofed. But, when you accept and know this is the nature of natural hair and water/humidity - u just roll with it. Makes my natural life easier.

Thanks for the photo luv!

Oh and @Nay- that tip on the banana clip is took! Thanks! LOL! I was thinking the same thing bout my shrinkage! The longer my hair gets the more it shrinks!! Sometimes I'm cool with it, but I wished she hadn't shrunk that much!! Thanks for the puff luv, girlie!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 12:49pm
@Nay Hahaha true true.
I wish I had done that with my previous banana clip, my hair broke that one(), I now have one without a screw, that can be taken apart/clicked together like a ball and socket joint.
I can't tell you how many times I've had to click it together and thought to myself "that would've been yet another banana clip to buy", but with it's flying abilities half of it could fall somewhere and break,LOL, so I had to take precautions.

@Luv Thanks .
As for the reversion, I was only not annoyed because I came prepared hahahaha, I'm not too fond of unpleasant surprises hahaha. But you're so right, some people would be upset, even after being prepared, because poofy styles are not something they would like to rock. Unfortunately I might have some not so flattering camera moments from before I put it in a banana clip...but awe well, it's not like anyone I know will see those pics anytime soon whenever they come out, didn't have time to secure the clip at the time.

I wish the reversion would occur in a more flattering way though, I don't mind the poof, just the way it does, so uneven... but then again maybe that was the water's compromise saying:"Girl, you know what I do and I know what you want to do. So tell you what, I will do my thing in a way that you can still do your thing with that banana clip you got hidden in your bag."

Edited by Ritle - Jun 23 2013 at 12:50pm
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 10:02pm
@ritle lol at the convo ur having with water and reversion.

@ luv yea shrinkage is crazy over hair for me too. And for the banana clip thing ur welcome no prob.

Ok ladies this weekend has been such a great hair weekend, I got called erika badu, this one elder at church said if he was a young woman this is how he would wear his hair. This one girl at a cook out today kept shaking her head telling me how much she hated my hair and how jealous she was over and over again. All I could say is that I was sorry, cause my hair was fly and I knew it. I was such a proud natural today.

I dont think iv'e ever been so proud of my hair. Plus the girl had been natural for 5 years and her hair is only about 3 inches long and she has never cut it. U should of seen me there investigating her regimen. Poor thing!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 63>
  Share Topic