BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 6:25pm
^^^^^Luv the entire look!! Cute!

Here ya go Ritle-Skittle bc I alllllready know- pics or it ain't happen! LOL!

I was tres busy today and forgot to take a pic before I left the house. I needed to get out of the house on time. So, yeah I look like I did a 9 hr day- prepping files for hea hearings, and being interviewed by auditors. I rock by the way! Lol! But, I luv it the do!!
Sponsored Links

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 7:08pm
Co-signing with Luv on the picture above.

@Luv-Duv Your hair style came out great Looks fantastic!
You go girl!    

Well ladies, not much to report today.

I slept with my hair in two braids for the beach wave look. The waves were less defined though but that's because my hair is smoother this time around than the previous times that I went with that look, but I achieved a little more body/volume by doing this.

It was a very hot day, finally an actual summer's day, in fact, even late at night way after the sun has set, it's nice and warm. Only downside is reversion in some areas when sleeping with a satin scarf instead of those breezy nets they only seem to sell at the black hair shops here, nothing very noticeable though but yea that's the only down side. I might get me one of those nets if I can find a really good one.

Hopefully the sun will stay out and it won't be raining tomorrow or the day after that or after that for that matter.

Anyway I am loving it so far.
skin care View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skin care Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 6:53am
I want to make my hair long and strong.  How can I make them, Please share your suggestions.
skin care View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skin care Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 7:03am
Nice hair. I love curly hair. How can I do this type of hair at home.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 11:39am
pretty curl pattern biga$$
fadedjeans15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fadedjeans15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by shinninglikeme shinninglikeme wrote:

I loved this hair style of bun with the front bangs.

I love this hairstyle!!! I am really into buns but I cannot achieve these hairstyles while natural
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 5:50pm
Well ladies, I am so glad the bucket of water wasn't full or I'd have to kick some teenage boy booty. But yes, a familiar clown decided to include me in the water sports that I purposely avoided by pretty much not approaching it and I said no right before he did it. He did apologize when it registered (also because I wasn't laughing LOL)and he is kind of "special" , but yea I'm lucky I had oil on my hair or my hair would've poofed in a less gracious way. Eventually with time it did poof some more, but awe well... it's going to rain tomorrow so I've heard... so I will have to kiss my currently straight tresses good bye anyway. I wouldn't mind if my hair was in curly mode and even would've changed clothes and kept dry ones to participate, but yea, different circumstance calls for different approach.

Anyway so I am here thinking about what I should do with my hair for tomorrow as I have an outing with colleagues but have errands to run before. Awe well...I guess I will just go with the flow and make sure to have hair bands in my bag in case the weather does decide to play nice tomorrow and I can wear my hair out anyway.

Ugh I don't know...not even sure about what I am going to wear tomorrow, there will not be enough time between the errands and the outing so ...ugh.... Owh wait... there is enough time to change if necessary, just realized.

My day was so eventful and I am so tired and yet at the same time I want to watch a movie, guess I'll just freshen up and then see if I am still in the mood for that. But I digress...

Originally posted by skin care skin care wrote:

I want to make my hair long and strong.  How can I make them, Please share your suggestions.

Avoid combing dry hair, If your hair is kinky, then it's best to detangle it with (some) water and plenty conditioner(creamy), the hair needs product with enough slip to it to be able to detangle it properly. With dry detangling it's important to at least spritz it with water before adding the chosen product to detangle with.

If your hair curls, then combing it while it's dry will disrupt the curl pattern, you must comb on wet hair with preferably a creamy conditioner or any other product with slip .

If your hair is straight then you can comb it while dry or while damp. You can also finger detangle but that depends on the amount of hair you have as it's more of a challenge to get to all the tangles when you have a lot more hair strands to go through.

Moisture is very important, make sure you moisturize with a water based moisturizer(First ingredient will be water), then sealing in the moisture is important, you can use an oil for that or an oil based moisturizer on damp(hair that is almost dry) hair.

The moisturizer that will work for you depends on the kind of hair you have, is it kinky, curly, wavy, straight, or a combination of two or more of them, is it natural or relaxed, is it thick or thin, is it low porosity (keeps floating if you put a strand of hair in a glass or bowl of water for a few minutes), or high porosity(Immediately sinks to the bottom of the glass or bowl), or normal porosity(Floats at first but eventually sinks to the bottom), is your moisture balance(enough moisture and protein) alright(Is it dry and brittle?Does your hair break easily? Does it feel dry but has enough moisture?)?

Make sure to always condition after you use shampoo, cowashing is also an option, but if you are using styling products you will need something heavier than a conditioner, like a shampoo, but perhaps a natural cleanser like apple cider vinegar or baking soda might be an option as well.

Drinking enough water is important, moisture from the inside is just as important for hair health as moisture from the outside.

Getting all the vitamins you need is also important, so if you aren't getting your daily dosage through food, then supplements are a good thing to add, like a multivitamin pill with a glass of water every day when having breakfast.

Try to avoid really tight styles, make sure your hair isn't stressed from the roots.

Other than that, we will need to know what your hair looks and acts like to be able to give any more advice.

Good luck.

Originally posted by fadedjeans15 fadedjeans15 wrote:

I love this hairstyle!!! I am really into buns but I cannot achieve these hairstyles while natural

Yes you can rock a bun style with your own hair while natural, but it depends on how long it is right now. It might look different than the hair on the pic or you could roller set it or blow dry it to get it like the lady on the picture.

Is your hair too short at the moment or are you talking about your texture?
fadedjeans15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fadedjeans15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 10:31pm

@Ritle, I feel like my straightened natural hair will not last ( about two days) so I feel like theres no  point in straightening it. Also i love liquid/creamy moisturizers on my hair and I cant put it on when its flat ironed. Natural hair problems Cry. The back of my hair has a 4c texture to it and it is a pain to handle. I really do not like natural hair styles right now so I thinking about texlaxing so I can straighten it easier. Thanks for replying to me

Edited by fadedjeans15 - Jun 19 2013 at 10:34pm
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 5:40am
@Lady- Thanks, Hun, but why I gotta be a biga$$? LOL! J/k.

@faded jeans- what's ur straightening technique and products that u use?   It maybe a technique issue or product issue that 's impeding u from having a longer press. How long is ya girl? It could be a length issue that makes ya buns look less full. Do u have fine strands? That could also play a role in ya buns too. But, if u are thinking more of textlaxing- there's a lot of info on the board.

@Ritle- Awww, I'm glad u avoided a drenchful situation. At least he apologized. .. at least
I hope the weather holds up so u can keep on pressing on!
Have fun with ya colleagues!

Well, the plaitout was a 1 day do bc of the rain. I'm rockin a stacked puff. Me and Hubby had movie date night yesterday. Usually I take my hair down when we go to the movies. But, I wasn't in the caring mood for other patrons. We found seats all the way at the top, so we were good.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2013 at 10:17pm
LADIES, my curly fro' via caccoon curls.. I am so in love. just when I thought I couldn't love my natural hair any more than I already do, it does this!!!!!!!

Edited by naynay455 - Jun 21 2013 at 10:27pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style