BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 11:07pm
Hug
Sponsored Links

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 9:26am
@LadyAradia Yea the treatment on the video does look gentle plus not as much heat was used as the recommended amount for as far as I can tell that is.Don't know if you love rocking your hair when it's not straight as much or not(in case frizz is the main reason you prefer it to be straight), but if so, then creamy products might combat the frizz, since your hair isn't as curly gel might be a bit too heavy of a product at least from looking at the texture and pattern on the pic, which would be different case if the pattern(you say your natural texture is 3b) were tighter with the same texture. But guess it all depends on how your hair deals with moisture.One things for sure, it's nicely full!

@Nay You'll be fine. Wet hair and enough conditioner and you can rule the detangling world! Make sure to take loads of pics when you decide to rock that fro!
I know what you mean, I love love LOVE hair as well.

@Luv-duv

I can't remember if you blow dry or rollerset before you flatiron but if not the case, roller setting with indirect heat from a hair dryer can make a major difference in the temperature needed to get it straight as it preps the hair for the flat-iron.
I couldn't remember if it was 430-440 where irreversible changes would occur which is why I said 420 and under were the safest, but I know about 450F for sure that was listed as making permanent changes to the hair shaft, so I've personally been avoiding such temperatures because of that and was glad when I had my magnetic rollers again so that I wouldn't need as much direct heat for it to be straight at the time I was using 428F heat(which is the maximum of my flatiron anyway lol if I recall correctly) because the kinks were stubborn, even on stretched hair(braid out at the time), so I needed a few passes, but now I stick to 400... on my rare moments of flat ironing, which hopefully once the weather changes will be less rare, I need to switch things up more.

You've really been checking in to products huh, glad they're working out for you. I also am guilty of combining products now and then, sometimes it has gone horribly wrong but you live and you learn what works and what doesn't and what will continue to work, or what will turn on you.

Oh and I love the bun style. The tri coloring of hair bands and the gold detailing on the glasses.

Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

^^^Nay, you and Ritle- Skittle and Lady make me feel 'normal ' bc I can post looong posts and not get the side eye bc I like thouroughly explaining my thoughts and the like. I'm by myself (somewhat) IRL when I talk hair. GROUP HUG FOR US!

Awww
And yea musings seem to be seen as blogging material but it's just not the same!

And haha I often think of new things to add and end up having to edit posts (only if I have a text program open though because the error-hand is way strong these days.) or I will actually end up with a new post.

I can't really talk hair much either, only to an extent but it's not the same as this. I also have a slight(understatement of the century!) hair obsession... especially now.

As for my hair.

Only downside I have been experiencing is having to wash my hair a bit more often, but my hair has been easier to manage where locking moisture is concerned. I just have to give it a bit more time on the first day than I am used to as I have quite some strands to tend to and I need to keep that in mind when moisturizing and some area's need more attention than others because I have different textures on my head, some even blended and mixed patterns that tend to blend and separate the assimilated curl pattern even more than it naturally does.

I will start back on some acv rinses and see which benefits they will have.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 12:10pm
I can't detangle wet hair, not my hair. That's a set back waiting to happen. I have to detangle on dry /moist at the most hair. otherwise major matting will occur.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 2:14am
Originally posted by naynay455 naynay455 wrote:

I can't detangle wet hair, not my hair. That's a set back waiting to happen. I have to detangle on dry /moist at the most hair. otherwise major matting will occur.

Owhhh, matting is a pain in the butt, best to prevent that then. Well... in that case, enough smoothing product and you will rule the detangling world!!!
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 7:06am
thanks Ritle.

OK so I have been wanting to use my steamer on my hair while extensions (marley twists) are in but have been to lazy to see how well it would moisturize my hair with the extensions.
But last night I got off my lazy butt applied my sulfur oil (which can I say keeps my scalp in tip top shape).then got under my steamer, it was so refreshing. even more than when my hair is loose cause the steam is able to get to my scalp more as oppose to it only hitting the length of my hair which always takes over the steamer in its natural glory.

and I just know it helped with penetration of my oil. its next day and my hair is not oily like it usually is after application I can run my fingers through my roots and not be worried about rushing to a sink to wash my hands. its funny cause as I'm typing this I'm really over here rubbing the heck out of my hair trying to come up with some type of oil but there is nothing. I hope this is the start of something good.

mid steaming session I put a plastic cap on for a GHE and it worked well. (I cant ghe over night my hair doesn't like it, but that 20 mins under the steamer 10 GHE'ing under it was amazing my hair roots feel so good and is really laying from my scarf being on all night. I think that routine is gonna be a staple at least 2x a week if not every night.

Edited by naynay455 - May 26 2013 at 7:07am
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 5:49pm
@Nay that sounds good!Greasy hands are a hair pet peeve of mine, which is why the only way I'd seal with an oil is with a diluted spritz mix.

As for your results maybe that means that next time around when you're out of extensions twists, braids or any type of sectioned hair are the way to go when it comes to the steam treatment? So that it can concentrate a bit more on the roots as well?

Doesn't even have to be that many, maybe just 4 or 6 sections ... anything to make it less time consuming on days when you're not deliberately protective styling, that way you can just unravel it if you end up having to head out after the steam treatment and style your hair the way you want to, or perhaps just sleep with the twists and style the way you want to the next day.

A nice low maintenance steaming session with hopefully the same results? Who's to say! If you happen to do so, I'm sure we'll read about it soon enough. Yay on your

@Luv-Duv Forgot to add, that if the high heat setting works for you without damage then that's all good. For me, I just remember way back when the flat irons came out and I used high heat on my hair and only in retrospect realized why my hair appeared to be lifeless at the time and I thought I was just applying the moisturizers wrong or something (it was curl permed at that time and the curls went from bouncy s curls to saggy waves.). And though I did not have any negative results from a higher setting in my early natural revisiting days , I have decided to try to cut out as much heat as I possibly can.

(Lol...funny moment ladies, I just opened this tab hours later as I was closing tabs in the browser and realized I did not post this so if I happen to have missed a reply to my previous post I will address it in a separate post. Also, I am sleep deprived after a fun movie marathon with family, so I hope I am making sense and if I am not, I will get back to it later on.)
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 6:42pm
Hey Ladybugs! Me and Momma took the boys out kite flying earlier. It was a fun fail! I tried to rock my stacked bun, but Cleo was like- ummm...no. So, baseball cap and a puff ftw. I need to dampen her, detangle and moisturize in a few.

@Nay- I hear ya on the wet hair detangling being a no. Depending on what style (e.g. puffs, plaitouts) Cleo is in, wet hair and condish equal a tangly and laborious session. Those styles require me to make her damp by misting with water and spraying each section with Mane and Tail Detangler- let that sit for a few, fingercomb, and f/u with the widetoothed comb. Less time and less stress.

Oooooh, you finally got to steam!! So glad u had grrreat results! Makes sense that you did with your great parting skills. The steam most definitely had easier access to your scalp and thus really allowing your sulfur oil(how is that going? ) to penetrate ya scalp. I remember when steamers were the rage. I contemplated one, but Cleo is really good with drinking and retaining moisture. So, I shelfed that. But, ya gotta report back on this after you have done it for awhile. I hope its a long term POSITIVE tweak to ya reggie.

@Ritle- Skittle- The things we go thru to post! I smh everytime I forget to cut and paste my response bc BHM ate it!

Yeah, high heat in moderation for us is cool. The only time high heat is used is when I'm blowdrying (which can be med- to high) and flatironing(which can.be 425-450 degrees) is that initial press. Any touchups, I've found that I can use the flatiron at 415- 425 degrees. You mentioned that your curls (early in ya journey) suffered from high heat. I noticed that when its time to wash out the press, my curls would respond differently when I applied the dc. But, it was the application of the dc that did the curl change. I had to actually work the dc in the strands and my curls would look like they usually did when coated with condish and once rinsed out. I did have some anxious seconds, but was able to figure it out.

You made good sense- sleep deprived or not! Gotta luv the fam!!
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 6:54pm
Oh yeah...the Fekkai Beach Waves Spray really does accentuate my waves. But, the hold I need it can't provide. So, I will use this in conjunction with my Ecostyler for more hold and workdays. Weekend bun can be more free, so I can use the spray then. I also luv the fact that it makes Cleo look wet, but its dry to the touch. Good stuff.

Ritle- Skittle, I indeed have been in a mini pj moment. But, its been really low budget. Some were product swaps among friends, samples, Hubby shopping spree@, or products that I rotated out for something new to try. Yeah, took me 9 yrs to really venture outside of my staples(which I still never stray too long from). But, I have found that I had to find other aspects of the journey to keep the fire going so that its still fun after all this time. So, trying products here and there and now HAIR CANDY.have become my sub obsessions of the hhj. LOL!
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 7:47pm
@ LUV: my sulfur oil usage is inconsistent. I do have increased growth but don't know how much . cause I get 1/2" -1" a month without growth aides. next month ill try and be consistent and take pics for u. but it does keep my scalp in tip top shape. no more dry scalp no flakes no dandruff no matter how long I go without washing.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 7:51pm
ok so im steaming again. feels good

would one of u lovely ladies do me a favor and remind me to steam on thurs. in case I forget or look at my steamer and get lazy. I reall wanna see if this will be a staple but I will never know if I slack off like a usually do.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 63>
  Share Topic