Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 62>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 4:13pm
Luv this keratin conversation! Well, the kit that I have has a heat rec of 410- 450 degrees. It's formaldehyde free and also has a built-in heat protectant. I know the comvo has been about the amount of heat and heat damage.

Now, in my case and experience, the rec amount of heat doesn't faze me for several factors:

1. Cleo is very thick and tolerates high heat well. I need at least 425 and higher for a real press. I have never suffered heat damage. I usually don't do heat protectants either. I think they are moreso for those with thinner and/ looser textures and color treated hair

2. Cleo luvs mild protein on the daily or every 3 days. My moisture /protein levels are in check, so using high levels of heat doesn't scare me bc my hair has been treated to deal with it .

3. I only use high heat once a month for my monthly press. Generally, when I do my monthly press, I use my.blowdryer on high and my Hubby flatirons Cleo on 425. I rarely touch up after the intial press. I keep my hair straight for a month. So, I believe this keratin txt is very similar to my straight regie.

I think the issue of non reversion and breakage some experience has to deal with the texture and thickness/ lack thereof in conjunction with what temp is used in regards to the heating tools. If your hair is fragile or doesn't respond well to heat, I believe a heat protectant and lower heat would be essential in keeping heat dammage to a minimum or nonexistent. Similarly, if your hair is not in optimal condition and/oe preped for heat usage, you could be setting yourself up for breakage and heat damage. I always prep Cleo PRIOR to heat usage by doing an overnight protein txt and moisturizing deep condish. But, I believe the key is having hair that is already healthy AND knowing your hair that allows one to effectively utilize high heat and/or chemicals
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 4:20pm
Oh, here's that stacked bun pic. Ladies, I'm luving this here bun. Another one for the humid days of Summer.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 4:25pm
^^ I'm luving this bun so much that I'm considering shelfing the keratin txt until later. So, I haven't been talking bout it around Hubby(who is more gung ho about it anyway). This bun is just so easy and stylish. I've had several folk compliment or ask me how I achieved it. Luving it!
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 4:28pm
Well luv, if u decide to do it don't forget to take plenty of pics.

And I have a personal request do a before at hair pic an after wet hair pic and 30 days later wet hair pic. Pretty please.

On a personal note I miss my hair but this always happen when I PS for so long. I haven't had my hair out, out since Jan, 5 months is too long . I wanna wear my hair out so bad I'm thinking of rocking a 'true afro' .......but gosh the detangling scares me
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 4:29pm
That bun is nice!!!!!!
Jealous I miss my hair
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 4:54pm
@Nay- GREAT idea! I will most definitely remember to do that whenever I decide to do it. Those pics will help me decide how often I would do the txt. Too. Right now its just an experiment, so we will see.

Gurl, I know that long term ps feening for an out do feeling. I luv this bun thingee bc my hair is up but still out kindaof. I like the bouffant look of it. I'm going to cowash in a few a put Cleo back up.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 5:23pm
Sorry bout the multiple posts, but I keep remembering things that I wanted to tell yall- LOL!

Since I'm going to cowash in a few, I wanted to tell ya ladybugs about a few products I tried and some things I think I may be mixing into the Summer regie.

I think I told ya about the Curls Unleashed samples my girl gave me. Luv them! I know I told yall about my new luv affair with the It's a 10 line. Well, I have found a dual purpose for the It's a 10 Miracle Deep Condish plus Keratin. I used it as a leave in on damp hair for the stacked bun. It worked wonderfully. I know some ladies have said that using products in other ways than intended can cause issues, but I haven't had any. Plus, I didn't use it everyday. I used it on Tues and will use it tonight.

Now, since I'm in luv with the stacked bun, I'm thinking of products that can help achieve the curly- wet look w/o being a gel. I like the feel of the current products. I also like that Cleo drinks up the moisture, holds onto it and doesn't completely dry up. Plus she's not crunchy. I just want to see if I can get the same results with a spray minus the amount of gel I use.

So, I have this Sumner Hair Beach Waves Spray by Fekkai. I had some samples and later purchased some bigger sized products from the line. Cleo liked them so I kept it around. Let's see if I get what I'm looking for.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 5:33pm
Dont apologize luv, I love the multiple posts. It reminds me that im not the only one that is a lil obsessive when it comes to hair. Cause in my family im the only one.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 7:19pm
^^^Nay, you and Ritle- Skittle and Lady make me feel 'normal ' bc I can post looong posts and not get the side eye bc I like thouroughly explaining my thoughts and the like. I'm by myself (somewhat) IRL when I talk hair. GROUP HUG FOR US!
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 8:40pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 62>