Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 61>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 5:54pm
Thanks lady A.
@ luv dont u just luv the naturalistas around you make me so proud too. Got a few of them at work.
Sponsored Links

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 7:56am
GM, Ladies! Just wanted to tell y'all about my pleasantly surprising moment with this hair product.

Its A 10 Miracle Silkening Balm- 5 stars. Its touted as a BB cream for the hair. Its a styling product for preparing to using heat. But, I use it as a moisturizer for flatironed hair.

I sectioned my hair into 4 ponytails. I used about 2 pumps for each section. Its a water based product. It has a silky smooth lubricant feel to it. I combed the product through each section and then bunned each pony. Lastly, I scarfed Cleo. Now, let me say this- my hair did feel weighed down. But, that's, what I was looking for since my hair had reverted and I didn't want to flatiron again..

This am I took the buns down and was greeted with shiny, bouncy, moisturized, no frizz hair! Plus, it smells soooo good!
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 8:55am
beautiful hair luvmybiga$$fro
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 8:35am
^^^ Thank you Lady! Imma say it....u need to drop some knowledge up in here with that hair of yours.

Thinking bout washing out my press. Not feeling my Cleo straight right now.
renee728 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renee728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

GM, Ladies! Just wanted to tell y'all about my pleasantly surprising moment with this hair product.

Its A 10 Miracle Silkening Balm- 5 stars. Its touted as a BB cream for the hair. Its a styling product for preparing to using heat. But, I use it as a moisturizer for flatironed hair.

I sectioned my hair into 4 ponytails. I used about 2 pumps for each section. Its a water based product. It has a silky smooth lubricant feel to it. I combed the product through each section and then bunned each pony. Lastly, I scarfed Cleo. Now, let me say this- my hair did feel weighed down. But, that's, what I was looking for since my hair had reverted and I didn't want to flatiron again..

This am I took the buns down and was greeted with shiny, bouncy, moisturized, no frizz hair! Plus, it smells soooo good!

That sounds like a product I need to get my hands on!  Off to research it! Thanks!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 6:42pm
Your welcome, Renee. I have a few other products from this line and I likey so far. I also gave a few to my coworker/lil sis and she likes them too. So, I hope you have a pleasant experience with the line. Please come back and let us know how you likeBig smile!

Today, I rocked Cleo in two pigtails with my suede newsboy cap. Its Employee Appreciation Week. So, today we had a 'Dress Down Day'. So, me, the Hubby, and the Bro are at the corner store. Now, this store has that protective glass at the front of the store. I'm standing in line, but I can see the lady behind me via her reflection in the glass. We had to have been in line for 5 mins when I hear her say: "What do you use in your hair?" So, I tell her. She tells me that her hair was a lil longer than mine, but it had broken off. She further stated that her hair only grows when she is preggo. I ask her how she cares for her hair. Her reggie sounded decent. I suggested that she may want to look into a hair vit. I gave her the name of my vit.

Its still weird after all this time when folk ask me for hair advice. I luv helping, so I don't mind. But, around these parts, most ladies wear weave(and not as a ps). So, most folk(who don't know me) assume that my hair is fake. I'm pretty convinced that the lady stared my Cleo down to 'make sure' that she was mine before she asked bc I could see her looking(all while respecting my personal space)Clap

Edited by luvmybiga$$fro - May 08 2013 at 6:42pm
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 2:54am
I had a plan to straighten my hair Saturday but things came up and I didn't feel like doing it today, so guess I'll be doing it another time.

Other than that nothing to report for now.

Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Yay for moisturizers that moisturize!!!!

And regarding your previous post, nice that your neighbor's hair is thriving and that you are there for the encouragement!

And of course always nice to read about Cleo.... my eyes would like to see more of Cleo too! PICS PICS PICS PICS!!!!

(UGHHHHH BHM ERRORS ARE GETTING ON MY NERVES!!!! This post is from Sunday May 5th 2013, after I couldn't post I just gave up and figured I'd save the post and try another time.)

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 7:42pm
Arrrgh!!! Ritle- Skittle, I feel ya frustration! Just had a nice post going and an something went wrong and ate me post!
I will have to upload some of my straight photos, Ritle. I was tres busy at work, so I don't have a lot, but a few. I'll see what I can gather upWink

Anywhoo, Happy Pre- Mommies Day to all! Have a grrrreat day! I plan to!

Well, the Spring storms have cemented my decision to wash my press out early. I got caught in the rain twice(so fun thoughBig smile). I'm currently dc'ing. I'm hoping for a nice wash and go for Mommies' Day.
I think I may be going through a Spring growth spurt. I sometimes get one in the Spring, but usually its Summer. But, I ain't complainingClap! My scalp has been begging for a massage. It was sore and the massage really calmed it down.

Since I'm going to be rocking Cleo curly for awhile, I can really test out some of the products that I used on her straight. I really dig the It's A 10 Miracle Silk Smoothing Balm and the It's A 10 Miracle Leave Lite! I hope I get the same results on her fully curly.

Edited by luvmybiga$$fro - May 11 2013 at 7:44pm
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 8:16pm
Sorry to hear about your swallowed post, that really sucks.

I will be waiting Luvduv, lurking in the shadows to appear once the pictures have arrived....

*Pretend I've inserted a gif of the funniest "evil villains" or something close to them, like mr.Burns and the likes.*

Oh wait who am I kidding? Will what I am typing right now even post?

Ugh.... we'll see....

Oh and a Happy Mothers Day!

Fingers crossed for a spring/summer growth spurt...which ever comes ....

Oh and I will be waiting for the "product testing"-pics as well.

Well...I was right it didn't post... will have to wait for another time... and copy I shall... paste I shall do later.... :(
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 7:19am
That covered my Mothers Day post that BHM wouldn't post,
now for today's post...

Ok so I finally purchased a few gels again yesterday(I literally kept forgetting to get them or figured I'd do it another time and then forgot again.... lol... but anyway...)
I found out that sometimes you just have to stick with what you know.
My hair loves the gel and though it's a pain in the butt where hand washing is concerned, I have decided to go back to gel where moisturizing is concerned.

My hair is totally weatherproof(Ok not totally, but it comes close) with it and semi-frizz free if I leave it alone...

I'll just have to rinse the conditioner out instead of leaving it in when I am using gel as I recall having major issues with that from time to time.

Went to a local black hair shop (yay my town has one again lol...too bad the girls have absolutely no clue about some things though the language barrier could be the thing...but yea when you open up shop somewhere you need to at least be able to help the customer properly, but I digress....she tried... plus she seemed very young and the other one in the background as well.).

Anyway, so I was able to purchase a replacement for my goody Denman style brush for some brush called Ashana of which I will be getting a second one today or a third, you know to be sure I always have one handy in case that shop goes away. And though it's sold at the local Chinese shop I figured I might as well pick up the dark&lovely super hold gel there(Which I will probably blend with a softer gel to get that ecostyler effect.) since I was going to head back in to town after that(shop is located in a bit more remote area with some other shops, but just not in the general shopping center area, basically you think you've reached the end of the shops and then that street begins, so yea I went out of my way for the two main items I went there for.)

So after an awkward moment of trying to explain to the girl what I meant (including her pulling out a wigcap, which hopefully wasn't a secret side eye to my answer when she asked me if that was my real hair when I walked through the door , when I clearly stated it was to sleep in) I found a dream du rag thingy which has a man on the package, but I don't care because that's what I have used on my hair to sleep in. It's a pity that there wasn't any sleeping scarf for women there but then again it's not like I've got that fairy tale hair going on in it's curly state.

The first gel I got yesterday was a really cheap gel which I have used before, but mainly for buns, so I used it on my hair loose yesterday and there was no flaking at the end of the day and it is now day two and after removing the ...well I will call it sleeping scarf from now on hahaha, I have no flaking going on and all my hair needs is a little refreshing so I spritzed it.

So it's going to be gel or lotion with a gel touch, so I will be mainly washing out conditioners unless I'm in a hurry and it's a hot day, or unless I want my hair to smell a certain way.

I now know for sure that my hair needs a heavy hand to hold the moisture. I literally felt the difference, because now my hair did not let go of the moisture and a gush of wind did not blow my strands apart much at all.

Oh and I will be stocking up on those cheap gel jars as they are big and you never know with the regular drugstores here, they usually end up downsizing products...even the cheap ones.

I've gone through many trial and errors but you live and you learn.
Sometimes you just have to go back to something you've used from the start and get over the discomfort of not being able to wash it off your hands as easily as the other products and I now realize that perhaps my hands were trying to tell me something from the get go hahahahaha.

So now my hair stays the way it is after I've moisturized it, about time...

I don't regret trying other things though, I can keep those as different styling options while now know that they will evaporate from my hair by noon , but that's fine if I am going for bigger hair.
Now that my hair stays the way I have it when I first moisturize it(minus the shrinkage factor) I will be able to reduce knots and I won't have to rely on people having certain gels in stock(I used the Scurl gel in the beginning of my back to natural hair journey but they don't sell that one in my town anymore, they do have the texturizer, which is a gel I discovered after the girl at the black hair shop opened it for me to see , it's just that at the drugstore it was right next to the straightening cream, plus even now that I know, that small jar...on my hair? Nah...my hair laughs at that and will say "Thank you sir, can I have another, sir!"
So I am glad I found a big jar of gel that not only can provide me with second day hair without snowing on my clothes but is cheap too, because big hair often means big bucks and big bags of products.

So for now I've found that less frizz and hopefully less knots thing, for me, that I won't be running out of too soon, that is fully in stock so it's not like I buy one jar and the shelf is empty and that will not make my hair tangle(word to my conditioners that turned on me lol) and doesn't keep it stiff or leaves my hands greasy after I touch it once it's dried, I can lay my head down where ever I please.

Yay!

Sure I might have to schedule a sooner wash day, but that's ok, especially now I have back my tool that will limit the detangling time.
*Holds up brush like a pokeball combined with an 80's frame pause* "YEA!"

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System