Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 63>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 6:49pm
Hey Luv,
You're right about me needing a heavier product, I guess it's just key to know which one.
Well, I have tried grease, but the one I used like the sunflower oil, it leaves my hair as greasy as the sunflower oil while wearing it open and though it's a good encouragement for me to keep my hands out of my hair, I am not really fond of that effect, but then again, it depends on the grease too I guess, will just have to try and see what works for me and what doesn't.

But I've finally got apple cider vinegar, so after I've used that during my next wash I will start my trials and hopefully no errors again.

Glad your son and little cousin are better now, hope you didn't catch it yourself, if so, get well soon.

And yea I'd go for a full week curly too if I were you.

Since I haven't found my spray bottle as yet I've purchased a smaller one I came across while shopping, which is also good because that way I can carry it in my bag if necessary. I already had a smaller one but that one has had it's day.

I have not done as much with my hair styling wise though, every style has been an open style, I am working on changing that though, I guess with it being in updo's for so long I have now started doing the reverse perhaps.
With all the changes I've been making recently perhaps I've subconsciously been looking for something familiar to stick with, but yea it's time to switch things up with my hair some more again and I hope others will do the same so that we'll see more hair pics!!!!

Also been feeling the urge to wear it straight for a while again but the weather is not very predictable at all.

It's gone from snow to rain and just when you think it will get better hail happens, so yea, there is no way in hail() that I will be straightening my hair right now.

Another urge I've been having which is a strong one is to color my hair again. I have a jar of the last color I did, but I also have all kinds of ideas in my head so I'm going to wait it out till I've made up my mind.
Sponsored Links

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 12:08am
Ritle-Skittle, you got some hair projects in the making! I hope you find the holy grail of moisture for your YET to be named mane- lol!

One of my (initial) anxieties wearing Cleo straight was reversion during the wet, cold months. But, surprisingly I haven't had too many issues. Maybe bc I can deal with some volume and I can mask heavy reversion with an updo if I don't feel like pressing again. Try it- u maybe surprised...plesantly...I hope.

Oooh, color! I'm toying with a rinse experiment. But just toying! That color u had was hot!

Finally got my pamper time in with Cleo. Between the Superbowl, kids, Hubby(my Sweetie), and trying to stave off this cold, Cleo enjoyed a long dc session which led to an effortless finger detangling session.

I decided to go curly! When I saw those popping & shiny curlies, they sealed the deal! I'm feeling this straight curly when I feel like it Winter reggie so far!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 11:47am
I've been getting compliments galore and questions about curly Cleo. I think folk missed her as much as I did. My lil sis/coworker asked what I had used in my hair. I honestly couldnt tell her bc I have been experimenting with some new products the Hubby picked up. I could only remember the color of the bottles- lol!

Speaking of new products, I used some Ouidad leave in condish. While it defined my curls, it was crunchy and I didn't like the feel. I used it my lil boy's hair too and he said it was crunchy too. So, I think I need to add some oil. I have a few new products that I have been using that I cautiously like. When I get home, I'll throw out the names and give you all some food for thought. Lol!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 10:12pm
Ok, so I checked out the label of the products that I used this week.   
I washed and conditioned with DermOrganic Poo and Condish. Luv these products! I was using the co as a leave- in every other day. But, I had to stop bc I found out that the Hubby luvs it too bc he suffers from dandruff and its lessining bc of the products and I found out it was d/c from the spot Hubby picked it up from. So, I'm switching products this week.

Last week, I also used Lee Stafford's Argan Oil from Morocco Nourshing Condish as a leave-in when I found out the aforementioned stuff. Luv this product too! Soft and moisturized hair! Then, I'd puff and slray with Got 2 B Kinkier Gloss n Define Curling Spray Gel. It left Cleo a lil crunchy, but my curls were WELL DEFINED. I sprayed Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Weightless Healing Dry Oil which helped rwith the crunchies. But, it gave MUCHO SHINE!

So, since the Hubby is at work and the boy is sleeping, I'm going to wash with AG Moisture and Shine: Xtramoist Poo and cowash with Bed Head Hi-Def Curls Condish. I had planned to prep Cleo for a plaitout, but I need to be cute for the Hubby when he comes home- lol! Celie plaits aint hot. He has been feening for Cleo to be in a fro for some time now. But, my hair is growing down now and dkesn't do the hali look unless I pin her. So, for him, I will do just that!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 8:55am
Hey Ladies! It never fails- Lol! I always forget my nappiversary is this month because my son's bday prep always takes over. His bday is about two weeks away and my nappiversary is a few days before(I think). I usually just celebrate it on his bday bc I can't really recall. But, it'll be 9 yrs if Luv and Cleo.

I'm still contemplating on how I want to wear her. But, I'm leaning toward a straight. I have really enjoyed her curly this week and last. Monday and yesterday I had a Janelle Monae vibe going on. Some folk decided to call me Eryka Badu because of the way I rocked my scarf. I received alot of compliments. My clear Exec. Director didn't know what to call the style, but he said (while pointing at my hair): ' I like your... scarf and hair'. It was hilarious!

Hope yall are good! Ttyl!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2013 at 7:29pm
test

Will reply in a moment, I always have to adjust my internet settings to post here, ugh...
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2013 at 9:31pm
Alright, since I am often multitasking I am mostly confined to lurking whenever I can not be bothered adjusting my internet settings.
But I figured I'd go through the trouble in order to be able to reply. Was great to read about your updates Luv and the compliments you've received. Too bad some hair products turn curls to crunch.
You're hooked on heat huh :P.Can't blame you though, shrinkage can be a pain in the butt sometimes.
I haven't applied any heat to my hair so far and I am yet to style it differently, but to be honest I was trying to test some stuff regarding holding moisture and I can only really know if I leave my hair open.
Anyway....so I'm here with an update.

Since I ran out of my HE conditioners, I figured I'd give a conditioner a try which was included in a put together gift I got once, that I hadn't used before, I already was "excited" by the very few ingredients listed on the back, it's an olive oil based conditioner(Not from the brand olive oil though, but I figured I'd take a pic and upload it anyway so yea...) and cheap(I've seen it around before, that's how I know lol).

So I wet each section(I sleep with my hair in two sections) of hair and added some conditioner to it which I left in and once my hair was dry I had no residue and my hair retained moisture.

I am not sure if I will have to fully wet it or if spritzing with the conditioner diluted with filtered water will be enough to refresh it, but I will see about that when it's time to get ready to head out.

Will be checking if the conditioner is still around in town if there is time and if the ingredients are the same, if yes, then I'll be hijacking a few bottles. The conditioner is creamy...like liquid butter, but isn't very thick at all.

Hairpics:

Without flash

With flash

(ignore the purple necklace, I was trying it on,lol)

I hope they still sell the conditioner with the same ingredients because each section of hair did not even require a handful of the conditioner so I am pleased about that.And it was snowing and raining today too... though I wasn't outside all day though.
As for my night routine.
I didn't have to spritz it to put it in two, but I did spritz it a little bit to ease it in two buns and to see what it would do for me after I get out of bed.
It just feels like I might actually have a decent second day hair that doesn't need much refreshing... but guess time will tell.

So basically, I am back to non-greasy and quite moisturized hair and I can accomplish it with less product than I am use to, so if this repeats itself tomorrow then I will be stocking up on that conditioner without a doubt!

That's my hair update for now.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2013 at 5:02pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2013 at 1:30am
Ritle-Skittle- Your hair looks moisturized throughout the pics! I really like the fact tht you didb't have to remoisturize rather you were able to refresh! That's one of the deciding factors for me when a mousturizer is a hit. I don't always moisturize at night. So, if I wake up with soft feeling hair and just refresh... winner! Hope this product continues to be a winner for ya!!

Looking good Nay!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2013 at 6:55pm
Hey Luv, I bought four more bottles for now, but yes I am loving the fact that my hair is not too dehydrated at all in the morning, no flaking from conditioner, I don't need oil to seal in the moisture, so no oily hands and a little (less (than other conditioners I've use)) goes a long way. And also love the fact that it's even cheaper than I thought it was.
Plus the fact that in the night, it still looked the way it did earlier that day.

Nice twists@NayNay
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair