Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 63>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 6:40pm
Hey Ladies! I didnt get the Hubby to trim my ends just yet bc I was doing some other things. Plus, after skating Cleo reverted a bit, so I'll wait til we re-flatiron on Thurs. Or Fri. So, I'm pincurling Cleo up.

Today, I wore a swanging ponytail! It was swanging! Lol!
Sponsored Links

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 4:09pm
Just swang it.... swang it real gud!
Ehrm... now I forgot what my contribution was going to be, I've distracted myself.
I will edit to add whatever.
Edit: Flipping back, the hair pictures on the previous pages have distracted my thoughts!But yea a compliment was going to be one of my contributions. Gorgeous!!!

*Terminator mode* I'll be back

Oh and reading about ice skating makes me want to go ice skating too, it's been a while.

Yea that's all for now.

Edited by Ritle - Jan 11 2013 at 4:18pm
Tanzi2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanzi2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 4:59pm
It seems like I haven't been here in a while. I've been using my crisco mix lately, and I have to say I love it! It has really been keeping my hair soft and locks in moisture. I hennaed my hair on Sunday; my gray roots were starting to show. This allowed me to see that I had an inch or so of new growth. I got excited! I've been wearing my hair up lately. I fractured my ankle before Christmas and I have been practicing low maintenance everything! I plan to possibly straighten my hair at the end of February for my Fabulous Forty Birthday.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 6:52pm
@Ritle: Oh, how I have missed your musings and YOU! TY kindly for the compliments. Gurl, we went rollerskating. I am an ice skate novice. Prolly bust my tail on the ice!

@Tanz: Awww! Rest that ankle, Hun. You gotta be 100% for your FABU 40 CELEBRATION!! I turned 35 this past Nov. My Moma said that 40 is where it's at!! I hope you post pics of that mane too!

Last night was Date Night with the Hubby. He also did the Comb Chase Method (w/o knowing that's what we call it- lol). He did an excellent job! We decided to leave the trim to my stylist since I have natural layers. So glad that I have a man that helps me with Cleo.

Happy Friday!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 3:53pm
Awww missed you too .

After I posted it I was thinking in the back of my mind that perhaps skating but I was too lazy to edit again.

That has been a while too, I miss doing both.
The way I learned was basically by going from roller skates to roller blades and from roller blades to ice skates.

Date night with the hubby AND pampering AND he did an excellent job with your hair? last night was a great night for you .

I think I am finally going to try some pure coconut oil whenever I get the chance, I thought I'd have to deal with a strong coconut scent which would overpower the perfume I choose to wear but I've read that adding an essential oil can give you a scent of your choice, plus, I just need to stop assuming and just try it.

Today I've put my water filter jug to use.
Not so fond of the taste of the water (hypersensitive taste buds), but I was discussing with my friend today that I was going to use the filtered water in my hair and I meant for spritzing but her shampooing light bulb moment comment(she has a water filter jug too)gave me a flashback to a thought I had earlier since I was forced to wash my hair over the bathroom sink with a water cooker as my heating system was malfunctioning...

(got fixed yesterday thank goodness!!!!Forced to rinse with a water cooker is not where it's at( since taking a shower with cold water in the winter makes me cranky, but does my skin so good though where shine is concerned.).)

...I was thinking that perhaps I should shower with a shower cap and wash my hair over the bathroom sink with filtered water
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 12:26am
Hey Ladies! Cleo is curled in Satin Curlers. Prolly stay in all day bc I'm taking off bc the boychild broke out with an uncomfortable heat rash this weekend.

Rit- I think we have hard water over here. The Hubby and I were complaining about how our skin was parched even though we're heavy moisturizers. I havent had any ill hair effects, but I'm keeping my eyes out for any mess!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 8:24am
@Luv can't wait to see the results with the satin rollers :D.

I had this hard water testing strip(which came with the washing machine at the time) with four sections that would turn pink in response to calcium... well.... mine was like 3 and a half... and I already suspected that because the water seem to have minuscule calcium particles in it and parched skin also is a problem, so I wouldn't be surprised if you have hard water too.

Now with the filtered water, it's so clear(like eyes against glass "and nothing there" clear) so I have a feeling that my hair will love it, which could perhaps mean..... *gasp* dime sized use of a product????

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 8:01pm
@ luv: girl did i get to tell u that the paul mitchell serum is the truth, i dont remember if i did but yea its the truth.

hear is my updated pic post 2 inch trim back to bsb bye bye mbl.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 7:09pm
^^^Hey Nay! So glad that you enjoyed your vacay! Your hair looks great!! You'll be back at MBL in NOOOO TIME!! Luv the fullness!!! Girl, you indeed told me about PM. I'm jusy not ready to commit to the price. But, I think that I'll take the plunge around tax time. Since Hubby has to make a BIG purchase with our refund, I KNOW he CANNOT say a word about me plopping a 20 on one hair productWink.

Ladies, I told my 'stank face' experience in the Random Natural Thought thread; but I want to share and expound a lil more about it here too bc it annoyed me.

I'm a people watcher and work with the public on a regular basis at my job. I have received a gamut of reactions and compliments since wearing Cleo straight. But, I have rec'd the stank face the most from AA women. Its sad, laughable and unfortunate. For example, when Hubby and I had our date night, an AA woman and her companion come into the restaurant. You know how you glance around and take in the scenery? Well, that's what I was doing, when our eyes locked. Her face turned into the meanest and ugliest stank face. I flung my hair over my shoulder and went back to enjoying my date night.

But, I was thinking in my head: Really?! I knew it was the hair. I wasn't staring (well, I did stare her down once her face broke down) or mean mugging her when she entered. I just glanced in their direction. My Hubby even picked up on the 'hateration' and mentioned that there were several women(of different races) giving me the' once over'. Now, I must also interject that I was looking flyBig smile. The hair was hot. My makeup was on point. The outfit was banging. Complete and total date night package for the Hubby(who complimented me several times throughout our eveningEmbarrassedWink).

I guess it annoyed me soooo much bc: 1. I have been getting that stank face look a lot more regularly since going straight. I would get it when I rocked my buns and the waves would be popping, but it was few and far and in between and 2. I'm not the type of chick that CAN'T give a woman her props when she is looking FIERCE(be it an outfit, her hair, her shoes, her bag, her spirit, whateva). I stop peeps all the time and tell them they rock! so, its just sad that peeps are so insecure about certain things.

I know it all boils down to insecurity and jealousy. But, instead of breaking ya face down, take the chance and ask this chick a question about her hair(even if its to ask if its all mine)- you'd be surprised bc this chick would honestly take the time to answer your questions in a friendly and genuine manner. IJSWink

**mini rant over, throws down mic, and steps off soap box***
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 9:13pm
LOL @ rant. I hear ya luv, some women act like u did something wrong cause u invest time in urself.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style