Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 9:03pm
^^ Tan, enjoy ya vacay!! U BETTA POST SOME PICS OF YA GAL!! I have NO knowledge in the henna realm. But, I remember my girl, Ms. Toya had a good thread in the Natural section. It was an older thread, but I think its been bumped in recent months. I think Swifty henna's. There's quite a few other ladies that henna as a part of their reggies that I'm sure will chime in!

We finished up the boychild's Christmas shopping. Our baby still believes in Santa. He's 8 and a single dingle(only child). I wore Cleo in a messy high bun with a black crochet flowet headwrap. It was heckuva windy! But, as the wind blew, the messier and betta Cleo looked. I was in and out the car and only had to fix Cleo once.

Now, she's moisturized, sealed and pincurled til Christmas. Next weekend, I will be pampering her woth an overnight protein dc.
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 6:44am
Hey Ladies! Hope everyone had an Awesome Christmas!! We did!

l just wanted to share with yall that I had been thinking bout my next hhj phase for awhile. I really wanted MBL this year and I got it! I FOCUSED UP(DH) and made it happen.Kibda inspiede my own daggone self! Lol! So much so, I got some mo hair and life plans for 2013. So here are mine:

I want to learn how to self-trim. I don't trim very often, but I know its needed every now and again. I would be a primary DIY'er with my stylist being my backup or if I want a more intricate service.

Devise and implement a solid straightening reggie including 1-3 readily available, moderately priced and effective products. I have good parts to the reggie, but its scattered. So, I will be asking for recommendations and reviews- TIA!

Maximize Cleo's growth by maximizing growth and resting phases. Ladies, for about 3 yrs. I noticed that in the warmer months, moisture is optimal for her growth. Plus, I throw in the HSN vits, ps'ing, and low manip styles = Great growth and retention!

Year 1 Winter, tried to do and it was an epic fail. SSK's, tangle city, some shedding and brekage, and monimal retention. Growth was happening, but frustration kicked in. Next time, I did damp to dry plaitouts and strecthed hairstyles, no vits and I was pleasantly surprised. Less tangles, SSK's, good growth and med retention. She rests in the cooler months. She requires creamy moisture, protein, and stretched or straight styles.

So, this Winter its all about monthly heat and predominately straight hair with continued ps'ing and low mani styles. Outcome (hopefully) no SSK's, tangles, breakage just healthy growth and retention.

Have some good products, ideas, and techniques implemented and researched. So,I'm working on it.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 6:54pm
Getting ready to dc overnight with ORS Mayo. I think I will prolly do a plaitout on straight hair which would be a first for me.

Since I'm a hair lover on a budget, I have a few straightening products that I want to purchase and try when I straighten next time.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 10:07pm
Me and Ms.Cleo just had a lovely pampering session. She LUVed that overnight into the late evening dc w/ ORS Mayo(my new DC sweetie). I clarified her and moisturized her. Then, I banded her. Now, she's happily scarfed and airdrying. In the am, I'll finish her up. I think I'll make a trip to CVS tomorrow to pick up someIC Hair Polisher and Heat Protector Straightening Serum to assist with blowdrying.

Since, I'm not ready to commit to to PM bc of the price, I'll see how I like the IC which is about 7 dollars and some change. I've used IC products in the past with good results, so I'm not too leery about using it.
Imma see if I can get a sample of the PM or find a knockoff at Sally's.

I'm ing Cleo so much right now!
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 10:28pm
@Luv^^^I'm Glad you are enjoying Miss. Cleo, she's gorgeous, Nice and thick
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 10:00am
Ladies, Sorry for not posting A pic but preparing for this vacation took more out of me than I thought it would. I did take the pics although they did not come out so great I can post them when I get back to the states. I am loving Jamaica right not and the humidity is brutal On my straight Hair but I'm making it work. Hope ya don't mind letting me post late but I don't have the capability to post it now.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 6:07pm
Thanks, Cherry! Cleo is just behaving so nicely! She never ceases to amaze me!!

Nay- u betta enjoy Jamaica!!! Don't come back here until AFTER the fun! THEN, post. Lol! Have fun!

I think I luvs me sone ORS Mayo! I usually don't speak so early (second time using, but for the same duration- overnight into next evening) touting praises about a product unless:it actually does what its supposed to do- I don't have to tweak it-give it away-experiment on Hubby and the manchild-or trash it type of product!

Oh, yeah! I did add one different product to seal after I moisturized. I used Crisco down the length and added more to my ends. I used my fingers to distribute the Crisco throughout the section and banded. I should also mention that I squeezed the majority of the water from my hair when I washed the ORS out.

Then, I used one of Hubby's tshirts and twitsted the section to get excess water. So, Cleo was med. Damp- not dripping. Ladies...I was amazed! My hair dryed way faster and its soooo SOFT. It's not greasy or residue-y (lol). It feels and looks very moisturized!

Since I'm enjoying a 4 day weekend, the Hubby has his overnight gig, and no school for the manchild, I'll be up doing hair(uninterrupted- lol). I also picked up some ORS Humidity Serum to use when blowdrying .I'll report back.

Edited by luvmybiga$$fro - Dec 30 2012 at 6:09pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 5:47pm
Hey Ladies!! Hubby helped flatiron Cleo for me last night. He did such an excellent job that one of my coworkers said I looked like I got a perm. I told him and he cheezed. But, he was funny nc he said I'm turning him into Terrence from RHOA(our guilty pleasure). Lol!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 6:08pm
Hey Ladies!! Hubby helped flatiron Cleo for me last night. He did such an excellent job that one of my coworkers said I looked like I got a perm. I told him and he cheezed. But, he was funny nc he said I'm turning him into Terrence from RHOA(our guilty pleasure). Lol!

Ladies, I was talking to my 2 other co-workers-1 who is transitioning and the other 1 who wants to be a straight haired natural. The latter I call my lil natural sis- she's 20. I felt for her bc she is a young pretty lady trying to find that real self love. So being in the awkward in between stage, trying every product, and not knowing her hair doesn't help. I let her know about my awkward stage and let her know that as a former transitioner, many ladies go thru that stage.

We talked about not comparing herself to others. She follows alot of folk on Instagram. Her bf luvss her to peices and told her she needs to stay off of IG bc its bad for her spirit. I will try to keep encouraging her and letting her know how smart, pretty and unique she is.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 1:48pm
Happy Saturday, Ladies! Tonight, we're going rollerskating for my cuzzos double bday celebration! So, I know that it may get hot. I'm going to add some of the ORS serum to Cleo and either ponytail or bun her for protection.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll get the Hubby to trim my ends since he goes in to work later. ENJOY YA WEEKEND!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 63>
  Share Topic