BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 63>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 12:30pm
Yayyy, got to love big buns! Glad it's working out for you.
And a good thing you were able to find a light gel so at least your hair won't become too crispy once it's time to take down the ponytail.

So you twisted to form a bun , curious to see what type of twisting you are referring to, as I can not picture the bun in my head as yet, or well, I have multiple interpretations in my head and one of them MIGHT be your bun.

As for me.
Well, I am here, with pics.
The High Tea was set up quite nicely. I had an absolutely fabulous and delicious time.

As I had washed my hair, I dried it and then added some conditioner in places where I felt my hair needed some moisture put back in, so that once I take my hair down I won't have to deal with dryness inside.
I added a bit of gel around the edges and then tightened my hair into a ponytail with cut up pantyhose that I use for hair purposes now.

I had made a doughnut out of two old thick black socks earlier, so I used that for my bun.
Ended up just smoothing my hair over it and slipping a black hair elastic over it to secure it.
Didn't have time to pin my hair, but turned out it wasn't looking too bad at all.

See what happened is that I ended up spending a bit more time on other things so I wasn't able to perfect my hair as much as I had wanted to. Especially since I didn't get it as dry the first time around, because the T shirt I normally use to dry it had gone in to hiding and its temporary replacement is not as thick so I had to go over it again.

But all in all, I am pleased with the results. I ended up getting the pearl hair comb placed in a way that satisfied me.

I just remember that I was planning on doing a special variation on the bun if I was going to, but awe well... there wasn't time anyway.

Sponsored Links

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 10:06pm
Ritle Skittle, your bun was elegant and luv the curlies that were left out! The pearl comb was perfect! Beautiful! You looked mahvalous, Dear! Oh, the joys of lil time and remembering styles after the fact. Lol! The story of a WOMAN!

Well, I have two pics of Cleo ala Big Bun. I'm only going to share 1 bc the other is so so. The pic I will share is cute and I like how Cleo turned out although she wasn't as big. RS, when I mentioned the twist technique to make the bun all it is is taking Cleo whilst in a ponytail and twisting the hair to form a snake. Then, I take the snake and make a circle(bun), fan it out and secure. The number of times I wrap the rubber band dictates how big she'll be. I tried to do her today, but she started to get wavy in the middle, so I reverted to an old way of bunning. Here she was:

Now, she's plaited back up for more stretch. But, I'm releasing her bc I have an event after work. I won't have enough time in the am to brush her out and such. So a plaitout for the event and re-plait for the night.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2013 at 3:06pm
Hey PeepsTongue! I figured out the reason behind my Living La Bun Life Mode. Its collllllld! My body is rebelling against it all kinds of ways. My body hates to be cold! So, I think I may be experiencing that with Cleo. Yeah, if I wear her straight, she could keep me warm. But, I don't feel like using heat to straighten her. Plus, if I keep my hair stretched enough, I can achieve a pretty straight look. But, I want buns, so I have been buning which I really missed. Yes, it has its moments of non cooperation. But, for the most parts I love my buns!
Although that bun I posted wasn't as big looking as Domin's, I did achieve it at home; but couldn't rock to work bc it still needed some work. I did have time yesterday to brush my hair out for a bun. My hair was on a good stretch, so I didn't have to deal with a lot of tangles. She was pretty for work, but I didn't take a pic. Then, I went home to freshen up for the event. I took the bun down and re-buned. I had two black stretchy thin head bands for decoration. Cleo looked really juicy and shiny. Didn't take a pic. I'm kicking myself bc she looked really cute. I'll try and be better.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 3:50pm
Hey Luv-Duv,

Loving the bun! You go girl.

Sorry you didn't get to flaunt the mega bun online or the one you did two days ago, so hopefully a next time.

Thanks for the compliment on my bun.

And thanks for clarifying on the bun twisting, I figured you meant that, but with all those styling options out there, who's to say? So a least now I'm sure.

Oh and bunning and me are alright for once in a while, but the way the gel wants to act up once it's been smooth down and the potential washday horror story, has me not want to do it too often.

I also need to release some of the tension that comes with a sleeker bun style that's been tightened back instead of grabbing and securing.

Anyway I've been very busy today on not as much sleep so I am going to stop typing before I stop making sense.

I had two social functions back to back and I decided I wasn't going to wash my till the weekend which gave me time to get some other things done before changing for the two social functions and doing my hair and makeup.

I had a minimized bun. Basically secured with two hair elastics.

This was my look:

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 8:40am
Ritle, you looked mahvalous, dahling! I hope you enjoyed your events!

Well, Cleo and I are bunning. She's doing well. I'm getting ready to go to the boy's Winter Extrvaganza at school. Then, on my way to work for our holiday party. Bunning all the way! Have a great day.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 9:16am
@Luv-Duv

Thanks, yea I sure did, fun, food, festivities.
And thanks for your compliment.

I'm still bunning as well, will see if I can spend some time on hair pampering somewhat on moisture this weekend so that I can have a gel free week next week. Especially now that it's colder I just need to give my hair some more love.

It's probably going to rain soon so heat styling will have to wait, though I am yearning for some back grazing action LOL .

Anyway, weekend is beginning for me. Enjoy your day, enjoy the Winter Extravaganza and the Holiday party. Hope you will return with more bun pictures!

Glad your hair is doing well.

Mine is yearning for a gel-free-time. Can't wait.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 5:03pm
Ritle-Skittle, your welcomeBig smile. Ya lashes were to die for too! 

Its funny that you mentioned gel-free hair. Since I've been rocking Cleo in the stretched bun, I have been rocking no gel and using pomeade to slick my edges(not really the greatest). Some days, it did the job perfectly, other days not so much. Some days I was down with the frizz halo. Some days not so much. But, the whole goal was to keep the hair stretched, so it served its purpose. Its funny that on the days that I wasn't feeling the look, errybody had the desire to squeeze my bun.

I was contemplating washing her this weekend, but honestly, she really doesn't need it and I'm not really in the mood. I think that I will plait her up for a big plaitout for the short work week and holiday. 

Oh, I found out what my tender crown issue was about. More moisture for that area was needed. So, I've been really focusing on making sure all the hair is moisturized. I tend to focus on my ends and just slather the perimeter. So, with Cleo in this stretched state, I've been making sure to take the bun down and moisturize her fully. Its been working out well.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 12:56pm
Merry Christmas Eve, All! I'm dealing with a cough which has made me even more not in the mood to prep for straightening. So, I'm sticking with my plan of EOTY reveals in January.
I did plait her up last night after rocking a decent plaitout yesterday. I'll be rocking one later today and the rest of the week.

Hope everyone has a blessed and safe Christmas!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 4:46pm
Happy Holidays ladies and you too Luv-Duv. Feel better soon!
It's raining and cold and yucky weather so I am still in buns. Hopefully I'll be able to wear it stretched and down with heat on new Years Eve...
Anyway...
I will be back to finish commenting on the posts.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 10:24am
Happy New Year Ladies! Just wanted to drop in and say that. I'm going to most likely do my wash day this weekend and update. I'm currently rocking a plaitout and my cough has subsided a lot. So, Cleo can be handled properly this weekend.

HOPE 2014 is filled with miracles, wonders, and an awesome hhj for you all!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 63>
  Share Topic