FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedA NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 64>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by naynay455 naynay455 wrote:

natural hair Grazing BSL stretched over here . and i retain the most amount of growth when i hide my hair either in kinky twists or weaves, but i just came out of a 3 month kinky twists install and i missed my hair... i am psing, with twists with my natural hair but it still is not the same for some reason but i just love wearing my hair out either twistouts or braidouts and i dont get to as much as i want to. there has to be a length i can get to and no longer have to worry about psing.
and yes ladies that whole hair blowing in the wind does feel good. driving with hair blowing and getting in ur eyes but you refuse to put the window up so (now who else does this?) i just put a pair of shades on to prevent that.
hoping to be mbl or grazing mbl in dec. thats about 2-2.5 inches to go
guess if i want that ill have to hide my hair again.

Nay, I feel you on the ps'ing to get MBL  by December. I think the weeks I had my hair out were needed, but I'm trying get to full MBL by December 2012. So, I'm back to bunning. At least I got to wear it out during some nice weather. I tend to ge a growth spurt during the Summer. Most of the times my hair was out was whenh the weather wasn't blazing hot and there was alot of humidity in the air.

Oh and the sunglasses! Girl, they used to be my favorite 'headband', but the one pair I had continuall caught and pulled my hair whenever I would slide them up my head. So, today the Hubby told me to get my shade shopping on. He knows I luv me some shades! I practiced on a few and no snags. I havent' done the others yet, but hopefully they are winners!

There will come a time when ya either luv ps'ing or you just decide to wear out more often. I think if you do the latter you have to remeber to take care of your hair while wearing out just as you would with ps'ing.

Edited by luvmybiga$$fro - Sep 03 2012 at 8:01pm
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Blngmoogle Blngmoogle wrote:

Hello! I suppose I can share some of my secrets. Doing exactly what I do may not work for everyone, but I will generalize the concepts. These are what most people know anyway.

Here goes:

Protective styles-----protect those ends the reason why most do not see progress is because their hard work breaks off at the ends. hair grows no matter what, but the length of hair is determined by how much has broken off.
ITA, with this! I  touching think alot of ladies may think that puff are protective or styles where te hair is just not your shoulders is protective. I can see that being a vialbe ps when its warmer, but ast it get colder, I think both relaxed and natural ladies would benefit from some forom of ps that protects ya ends, especially with the colder weather coming.

Moisture--------nourish and moisturize the scalp. Be sure to use oil as a moisture locker not a moisturizer itself. for example, I run water over my hands, then run my hands through my hair until it is about 20% wet. then I apply the oil.

ITA! Oil is not a moisturizer (IMO), but its a great sealant and product to enhance ya DC experience. I always use some form of condish as my leave in and seal with oil or grease. Moisturized hair for days!

Nourish from the inside-------eat right! well if you are like me (picky, and do not like anything healthy unless it is smothered in something unhealthy) Then get some food based vitamin supplements which sometimes comes in a liquid. The one that I am taking gives me my fruits, veggies, and daily vitamins. I also take 4000mg of msm.

Again very true advice! Mosrt of us tend to not get all our needed daily supplements through our diet. I often use my Hair, Skin, and Nail Vitamins during o water my hair daily as a substitute.my Summer and Fall growth spurts bc they enhance my usual growth spurt. I have a pretty decent diet which is laoded with protein rich foods and I luv the Bolthouse drinks with the protein and why and many of their fruit brands. Although they are high in sugar, I only get them when they are on sale, so I'm not drinking them all the time. The bane of my exisiting is drinking water, but I try to water my hair daily by misting or dampening my hair daily and/or every other day to give her some water.

Exercise---------that is how the blood circulates better

I'm a slacker on hardcore exercise. I consider chasing and playing with the son and Hubby, parking further from work, taking the steps(if the elevator isn't working), etc my exercise. I really need to get back to walking around the resevoir and riding our bikes. EXERCISE is very beneficial to the hair and entire body!

Deep condition at least every 2 weeks------but not too much protein. I have yet to find an already made conditioner, so i might try the coconut oil, coconut milk, and yogurt trick one day.

Here I have a different spin on DC'ing. I haven't donbe a traditional dc in years. Initially during my natural hhj and as a relaxed head, I was a fan of cholesterols mixed with olive oil. That traditional dc really got my hair in a good moiturized condition. Currently, I used Mane and Tail The Original Condish and Tresemme Moisture Rich overnight if my hair hair needs some protein I dc with the M and T and Tresemme for Moisture overnight treatment. Both are sealed with olive oil and I top it off with a plastci cap and t-shirt. I get the same effects as if  I traditionally dc'ed.

Pretty simple right? I followed these to the letter I know that there are more factors, but I think that these help out the best. I have been using the bun style for 1 year straight, and I have reached hip length of relaxed hair.
ITA with simplicity is best! I have a reggie that is pretty much solid. I may tweaks as needed based off how she feels or behaving. I really do KNOW my hair and listen to it. I have my staple products (rarely try new ones). Plus, since I'm happilly style challenged and lazy, my buns and spuffs and occsassional pliatouts heve been good to me. So, I stick  to what works and she's been good to me. I wholeheartedl practice and believe the KISS(weetie).

VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Blngmoogle Blngmoogle wrote:

oh, and here is my progress up to my current length of hip length;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkBO-nCHVhE&feature=plcp

BEAUTIFUL hair and GREAT Progress!! Congrats!!!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 8:47pm
As my hair has gotten longer, I find myself amazed at different yet exciting things my natural hair does in regards to water, products, and styling and detangling. It's become SOOOO much easier to do. Well. depending on the sytlye and how long I have held off on washing and detangling, it can be very easy. I think that dealing with my hair in sections has truly benefited me in cutting down detangling and plaiting my hair up. I usually zone out on tv while detangling and plaiting her up, which helps me gage how long it usually takes me to do that. I think my total time when I have to wash and all that jazz is about and hour and 45 minutes- if I'm planning on a plait out. But, if I'm gonna bun, I say the entire process takes about 35-45 minutes.

Now, I have experience  a new phenomenon when detangling and washing my hair in sections. I have to take the those plastic hair clips and secure each section after detangling and washing because the hair will continually fall in my face or get wrapped  into the hair that is sectioned off(even though I plait each section after detangling), but I'm not working on. I lol'ed bc I had to get out of the shower or out of my chair to get the clips to keep the hair in its respective section.
Its funny the different procedures and tolls that you have had on hand for awhile, but ya didn't need them initially has now become a necessay tool in the reggie.
mskraizy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 9:00pm
Ooh, cool topic Luv!! Official BSLer here! *applause* Been fighting to have that title for the past year.....

I gotta agree with the simplicity is best. I've become a bit of an avid protective styler this here out of pure laziness. lol But, it's done more than given me great length retention, it's helped my hair thicken overall especially at the ends and it just looks so much lustrous when I do opt to wear it out.

WATER!!!! Nelly LOOOOOOOVES her some cool water!! I find that since I've started using water as a moisturizer and not trying to find and buy up products that ssay they moisturie, my hair thrives so much better. It coils up and it grows alot more.

Twists have truly been my best friend this past year. They're not for everyone, but they're so easy to do, look great, and can last for a minute if you take care of it right.

I can't really speak on the DC thing cause I'm with Luv, I just can't seem to keep up with the "traditional" DC these days. If you call letting conditioner steam in my hair while I perform showerly rituals, then sure, I deep condition all the time!

I think I can also attribute getting over the BSB-BSL hump with wet bunning and generally lots of wetting. Water has definitely been my best growth aid. I'm also growing into finger detangling. Though I still use a comb every now and again, these days I'm normally just pulling through with my fingers but I shed around the same amount of hair, so I don't know if it helps.....

I'M SOOOO EXCITED TO BE BSL YOU ALL!!!! Next stop, MBL!!! ........ I've never said that in my life. My hair has never gone past my neck at all! It's gonna be awesome to hit WL and then HL and then CL stretched!! But whoooo....do I really want all that hair? lol We shall see!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 9:28pm
^^^Yeah, Mz K came through!!  You know I have been checking ya progress and drollling over those lush twists of yours! Congrats on BSL, hun!
It's someting magical about wet bunning when ya find yaself in a slump/purgatory. When I was helluva frustrated with that APL- BSL hump, wet bunning pushed me over to full BSL. I really think having your ends constanly moisturized and protected truly makes the difference in moving on an upward!
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 1:45pm
Hello I am natural (with the exception of my bang that has about 7 inches of relaxed hair).
I go by inches, but the last I checked my longer layer was 18 inches.
I am 3 to 4 inches from WL.
These last 2 years I have worked my hair loose more than anytime in my life, and my hair seems to love the extra attention.
What works for my hair: Oiling my hair with natural oils daily, washing my hair frequently, GHE and keeping it strong with protein treatments. These things will grow anyone hair.
My biggest victory is not having to wash my hair in twist, and detangling my hair in less than 30 minutes. These two victories have made me very happy. The better condition your hair is in the less tangles you will have to deal with. I use to believe that tangles was just a part of having coily hair. I no longer believe this. My coils only want to join together when they have no strength being single. Once they are moisturized and strong they can stand on their ownSmile.  Washing my hair in twist was using to much water and taking the joy out of my hair washing routines. Today I no longer have to do this.

Forgot to mention ACV rinses a must, a must for coily hair.

NataleeC View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 10:22pm
I am BSL (pushing MBL), but I recently had a HUGE setback (lost clumps of hair) and so to me, I think my hair isn't worthy of being in this thread.
Feels too thinned out to be called a veteran or something. :(
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 2:25am
Originally posted by NataleeC NataleeC wrote:

I am BSL (pushing MBL), but I recently had a HUGE setback (lost clumps of hair) and so to me, I think my hair isn't worthy of being in this thread.
Feels too thinned out to be called a veteran or something. :(
Sorry you had a setback, but you can make a comebackSmile. Blessings!!!!!!!!!
NataleeC View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 11:49pm
^thank you, V. :)
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 64>
  Share Topic