Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A NEW WAVE OF LONG HAIRED VETS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 61>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Louel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 4:45am
@ Juana

What was the reason for your set back? And how is your hair doing now?
Havent used henna so far, how does it benefit your hair?

What I noticed over the last few weeks is that drinking huge amounts (2-3 liters) of green tea and rooibos tea really helps to make your hair grow faster. At least... my body hair grows at a incredible rate now, so I conclude that the hair on my head must do the same. Other than the tea I hadn't changed anything in my regimen or diet.
Sponsored Links

Juana4ev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juana4ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Louel Louel wrote:

@ Juana

What was the reason for your set back? And how is your hair doing now?
Havent used henna so far, how does it benefit your hair?

What I noticed over the last few weeks is that drinking huge amounts (2-3 liters) of green tea and rooibos tea really helps to make your hair grow faster. At least... my body hair grows at a incredible rate now, so I conclude that the hair on my head must do the same. Other than the tea I hadn't changed anything in my regimen or diet.

Hey, I have been neglecting my hair regimen during the summer because I was working on projects and I have been so stressed. Hardly had time and because of that, I did some Haircare NoNos while in a rush and got breakage. Henna is all natural and helps repair damage hair, cleanse your scalp, thicken/strengthen hair, and also defines curls. My hair has been limp so I'm in need of one. I did a video on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLQXHe5dZqQ

Edited by Juana4ev - Nov 17 2012 at 9:13am
Juana4ev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juana4ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 9:11am
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Lookatchu, Jauna! All on the grow! Wow, I'm impressed with the number of products that you use. I have noticed that the longer ya hair gets, the least amount of products used. I may venture and experiment with a new product here and there, but always return to my staples. Plus, if I decide I like some other product better than a staple(after adquate time using the product), then I replace the staple, but the number of products stays the same. Thanks for joining the convo and HHGTongue!

Hey, yeah I used to be a product junkie along my haircare journey. After my 1st setback when I could have been midback length last October, I was SO frustrated thinking there has to be something easier. That's when I developed my line and promised to just stick to 4 techniques (Cleansing, Deep Condition, Moisturize & Maintain) and use products that can help me achieve that. Sometimes when we complicate our hair routine, we don't always follow through.

Losing this much hair, can make you want to give up--> *sigh* but it all happened for a reason

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 4:32pm
Wow, Juana! That was a major amount of hair you lost. I'm glad your on the mend to healthy hair! Your setback is indeed a SETUP FOR A COMEBACK!

I'm taking a break from Turkey Day Housecleaning. I'm going to do a dc on dry hair with the ORS Mayo. I'm going to add some oil to it too. Cleo needs some mo' moisture- so overnight dc here we come!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 4:58pm
Oh, I forgot! Next week, I'm getting my annual trim and straightening! Excited and anxious! I'm thinking if an updo- either braided or two strand twisted.
ydlwhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ydlwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2012 at 6:04pm
Has anyone reached their goal length, and then decided to just wear your hair? Did you wind up losing length due to it? Setbacks? Did you have to start over again with the growth process for a combination of reasons you weren't expecting? I'm just curious. I find I only retain length from PS in weaves, but I don't want to do that FOREVER. 

Edited by ydlwhite - Nov 17 2012 at 6:05pm
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 2:20am
wow ladies ya have been busy in here. some great heads of hair.

@ luv i dont know what happened i could of sworn i responded to ur post but i dont see it.
well i intend to us the PM serum everytime i blowdry. since it made such a difference when i say a little go a long way i should really explain more cause from all the reviews i have seen every one uses 2 pumps on their whole head.as for me i cant do that and i blow dry my hair in 6-8 sections and i use one pump per section my hair is too thick otherwise to really get to every strand noted one pump is about the size of a pea. i havent considered using it to seal and not sure if i will or not cause its so pricey but now that u mention it i think i will start doing it until new years and see how much better my ends look if any.

ps i only flat iron 2-3 times a yr. and only once so far this year.blow drying i just started doing again late this year i typically air dry unless i blow dry on cool.

all my twiste updos r done on blowdry hair just much easier to manage and i loose a lot less hair that way with no tangles makes take down a breeze.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by ydlwhite ydlwhite wrote:

Has anyone reached their goal length, and then decided to just wear your hair? Did you wind up losing length due to it? Setbacks? Did you have to start over again with the growth process for a combination of reasons you weren't expecting? I'm just curious. I find I only retain length from PS in weaves, but I don't want to do that FOREVER. 

Hey there! I haven't reached my goal yet, but when I'm feening to wear Cleo out, I do. Now as a natural head, 'out' that can mean a plaitout, banded style, or straight. I haven't experiened any setbacks due to wearing my girl out, but I notice that as she gets longer, natural out styles tend to make her more prone to tangles vs ps'ing. So, I wear my hair in ps's for protection and ease. I believe that you should enjoy your hair at every length while still taking care of it. You shouldn't deny yourself wearing ya hair out. Just take care of it when you do.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 7:24pm
Nay, don't you know that BHM eats posts !

Thanks for the info. Yeah, a pea sized amount of any product on Cleo is a joke! I too blowdry and flatiron in sections, so two pumps ain't realistic for me either. How much does it cost?

I'm thinking that since I'm experimenting with heat for the colder months and using other methods to keep her stretched that the serum would be primarily used for the elimination or keeping the ssks at bay. So the PM serum would be used more for that purpose rather than heat styling. If you test it out for the ssk's, let me know, Missy.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 9:56pm
I just have to say that the ORS Mayo is a hit! Cleo was and is sooo soft! She feels stong and moisturized! I 'm going back to the traditional dc every 2 weeks. I didn't add any oil eithe. I was pleasntly surprised that I didn't need to add anything. Luv it so far.

I may have to push my annual trim and straightening back bc my stylist Daddy passed away. So, whenever she's able- I'll see her.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 61>